Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wouldn't have an issue with that if the person had a good platform that I supported.
Platforms are polling dependent. I have no clue what any president really believes. I suspect they don't either.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
ALL Presidents, until Barack Obama, are Native Americans. It's a requirement of the Constitution.
Orly would be proud.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM

963 posts, read 689,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Platforms are polling dependent. I have no clue what any president really believes. I suspect they don't either.
Then I hope to Allah that you DON'T VOTE.

I do know their philosophy. That tells me who deserves my vote and who doesn't.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:57 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Yeah, and that's why Eskimos are dark skinned too.

Again you prove the special racism of the lib. Yet you won't say, "Black man go back to Africa where you belong!" But how many times must I endure the ******* and the South American Indian telling me I don't have a right to live in my own damn country because my ANCESTORS came here CENTURIES ago from EUROPE?

Everyone has 70 years, more or less. Where your ancestors sprouted up is meaningless. THEY'RE ALL DEAD! Do you accept the basic culture of the country in which you live, or are you trying to overthrow it and COLONIZE it for YOUR people? THAT is the determining factor.
What the hell are you talking about? When creating names for races or cultures, we look to our ancestry. Given the complex nature of this type of discussion, the term Native American refers to the cultural group that inhabited the Western Hemisphere prior to European colonization. Everyone accepts this as being fact. Why you are so against it makes no sense to me.

And who said anything about who has a right to live where? I don't care where you live. And why bring up 'typical liberal blah'? That argument is so typical of conservatives without an argument. I'm a ******* or a communist the moment I say something you don't like and can't come up with an intelligent argument. It's growing old.

And Eskimos/Inuits don't have that dark of skin. It's not significantly darker than any other Native American groups.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Then I hope to Allah that you DON'T VOTE.

I do know their philosophy. That tells me who deserves my vote and who doesn't.
Number on job of any politician is fundraising for themselves and party. When the big money invests, they expect a Return on their Investment. There is no transparency for the dark money and influence.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:09 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
It is about balance, folks !
Why not elect a Navajo, a Chippewa or a Dakota President?
Just asking
For most of our history we've elected rather intelligent men to the office of President but isn't it time we elect someone with Down's syndrome? That would be cool, wouldn't it?

Old 02-11-2015, 07:30 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
It is about balance, folks !
Why not elect a Navajo, a Chippewa or a Dakota President?
Just asking
why?

Old 02-11-2015, 07:39 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It all depends on who you ask when it come to validation. Some will consider Ted Cruz a 'Canadian', they don't want to call ANY person of Cuban extraction a "Hispanic" - either Cruz or Rubio.

As for the American Indians - my Father's Mother was half Cherokee, that makes him one quarter and me one eighth, Warren claims to be one 32 seconded and she turned that into a "Minority" and cashed in on it at Harvard.

It's all Political Identity garbage and is meaningless - neither Warren or I ever went close to a Cherokee Reservation. Political Razzle-Dazzle.
Just to clear up one thing Canadian and Cuban would be nationalities. Hispanic is an ethnicity. One can be both based on their nationality and their ethnicity.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:45 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
No, there's a difference between "indio" culture and other cultures. Their ancestors still weren't indigenous to this country/ continent. They migrated here just like the Europeans did and their descendants don't have any more claim on this country/continent than anyone else who was born here nor does the term "Native American" apply to them any more than anyone else that was born here.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
Cher! '16
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections