Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course many do. I think this whole blue/red wall is being overdone big time. How many years ago was AR, considered solid blue? Heck we couldn't even get a R governor very often and certainly never a senator or congressman or very rarely. This goes for many states. CA used to be Red. I was just told by someone on here VA is a solid Blue state now.
No they dont.

also red and blue are not what those terms actually mean, they describe ideolgy. California was indeed red once, but so was the entire North East. And the South was once blue.

Remember Alabama had 130+ years of only Democrats controlling the legislature, but no one would call it ideologically liberal. North Carolina's streak was almost just as long, Arkansas had a couple of breaks inbetween long streaks of "blue", but no one would call its legislatures or governor's liberal, every member of the arkansas congressional delegation when it was "blue" was a bluedog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Hillary has no appeal whatsoever to anyone under 40. No one gives a crap about her tired, worn out old ideas.

Hillary has been a bad omen for over 30 years - she has a corrosive impact on everyone who comes in contact with her - she's a succubus.

The worst mistake Hillary could ever make in her life would be to attack Elizabeth Warren, who is fresh, clean and uncorrupt.
Clinton likely has figured that out.

"Clinton and Warren met at the former first lady’s request in December at the Clintons’ home in Northwest Washington, The New York Times reported Tuesday. Clinton asked for policy ideas and suggestions from Warren, according to the Times, but did not seek an endorsement."

Clinton, Warren see opportunity in joining forces | TheHill

I do wonder what is the purpose of all of these polls. Is it to convince the players that they should/shouldn't enter the race?

Overall, they really are meaningless at this juncture.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Many Democrats on here say the Blue Wall most certainly does include these three states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course many do. I think this whole blue/red wall is being overdone big time. How many years ago was AR, considered solid blue? Heck we couldn't even get a R governor very often and certainly never a senator or congressman or very rarely. This goes for many states. CA used to be Red. I was just told by someone on here VA is a solid Blue state now.
Colorado is NOT solidly blue and I don't know anyone who has suggested otherwise.

Want proof? Just look at the last election.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:54 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,211 times
Quote:
Many Democrats on here say the Blue Wall most certainly does include these three states.
The blue wall has a specific, commonly accepted, definition which it to say it means the states and DC that no Republican has won since 1988. None of those states are part of the blue wall. If you want to use a different definition of a word or phrase you should clearly specify it.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/12/politi...rats-election/

Old 02-19-2015, 05:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
The blue wall has a specific, commonly accepted, definition which it to say it means the states and DC that no Republican has won since 1988. None of those states are part of the blue wall. If you want to use a different definition of a word or phrase you should clearly specify it.

Holding Democratic 'blue wall' was crucial for Obama victory - CNN.com

Ya, it is going to take someone really Conservative, compared to the rest, to do it. Like Reagan did in 80 and 84.
People just thought HW. was like Reagan.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
BentBow, 1984 featured a POTUS voting population that was 86% white. 2016 will be right around 70%. That has been a game changer.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
BentBow, 1984 featured a POTUS voting population that was 86% white. 2016 will be right around 70%. That has been a game changer.
And Hilary will not be able to get 98% of blacks to the polls, with Ted Cruz getting a majority of the hispanic vote, like he did here in Texas.

Texas found out, hispanic americans don't like illegal aliens either.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:12 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
2016 Presidential Swing State Polls Poll - February 18, 2015 - It's Clinton V. Paul In Colora | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

In VA, Hillary is tied 42-42 with Jeb Bush.

In CO, she is statistically tied (only up by 2) with Rand Paul and Governor Walker. Bush is a quite well-known figure, sure, but are Paul and Walker? To people who don't focus on politics, I'd doubt it, even though Ron is Rand's father and Walker put the unions in their place.

I know some of you guys will say "Ha! Ha! Your candidates are losing just like we knew!" But I keep hearing Hillary will win in a landslide and there are no buts about it. These results would seem to be a bit of a red flag for the Democrats, even if they're not very good for the GOP on their face, especially given that most of our potential candidates don't have the same name recognition that she does. And she still might not run...
What has Hillary done for us lately and the latest scandal should be sending her movement in a tail spin. who are the other DNC Contenders?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:54 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And Hilary will not be able to get 98% of blacks to the polls, with Ted Cruz getting a majority of the hispanic vote, like he did here in Texas.

Texas found out, hispanic americans don't like illegal aliens either.
In 2012, Mitt Romney received 29% of the Hispanic vote in Texas. In his Senate race, Cruz received 35% of the Hispanic vote. Conservative whites elected Cruz, not Tejanos. John Coryn actually outperformed Cruz with Texas Hispanics in 2008, garnering 36%. Considering that Texas Hispanics have a record of being more conservative than Hispanics nationally, I wouldn't get my hopes up for Teddy Boy carrying the Hispanic vote.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 02-20-2015 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 09:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
2016 Presidential Swing State Polls Poll - February 18, 2015 - It's Clinton V. Paul In Colora | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

In VA, Hillary is tied 42-42 with Jeb Bush.

In CO, she is statistically tied (only up by 2) with Rand Paul and Governor Walker. Bush is a quite well-known figure, sure, but are Paul and Walker? To people who don't focus on politics, I'd doubt it, even though Ron is Rand's father and Walker put the unions in their place.

I know some of you guys will say "Ha! Ha! Your candidates are losing just like we knew!" But I keep hearing Hillary will win in a landslide and there are no buts about it. These results would seem to be a bit of a red flag for the Democrats, even if they're not very good for the GOP on their face, especially given that most of our potential candidates don't have the same name recognition that she does. And she still might not run...
The one thing I learned form the last presidential election is anyone can find a poll that is favorable to the candidate they choose/ I think pollsters are like weatherman they always predict and sometimes get it right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections