Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,098,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Someone watches and believes to much media!!!!!!!!!

if he isn't an threat or issue why do you talk about him so much, you blurb about him in alot of other threads that are not about Ron Paul.
feathers. ruffling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,882,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The only "sheeple" I see are the Ron Paul fanatics who have no clue about his voting record or the US Constitution. Do you really believe the majority of Americans want to completely abolish our military like Ron Paul wants to do? Do you really think the majority of Americans want to completely isolate the US from all trade with other nations like Ron Paul wants to do? If you don't believe that those are Ron Paul's goals you need to educate yourself with his voting record. Ron Paul votes against EVERY trade agreement and EVERY defense funding ever introduced, without exception. Any NORMAL American (including the vast majority of Democrats) considers Ron Paul's positions to be absolutely stark raving mad.
Wow your right! who should I vote for ?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,952,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I find it hard to believe that Ron Paul did not approve the contents of the newsletter carrying his name. Even if he personally did not write those racist and bigoted comments, he should have pulled off the newsletter from circulation if he didn't agree with their contents. Granted he did later take "moral responsibility" for the newsletters, but it was a case of too little to late.
If someone published something under your real name today - how would you know? What could you really do about it? Seriously, think about it. You could probably do nothing and would do nothing even if you had the amazing fortune of catching said publication. Unless you're a celebrity of some sort there's no reason why someone couldn't use your name as a pseudonym. If it's not a mainstream publication read by a significant number of people there's even less likelihood of catching the problem. It's obviously not him - ok so why is the media bringing this up - right now?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,340,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
If someone published something under your real name today - how would you know? What could you really do about it? Seriously, think about it. You could probably do nothing and would do nothing even if you had the amazing fortune of catching said publication. Unless you're a celebrity of some sort there's no reason why someone couldn't use your name as a pseudonym. If it's not a mainstream publication read by a significant number of people there's even less likelihood of catching the problem. It's obviously not him - ok so why is the media bringing this up - right now?
Ever hear of "Identity Theft?" If you attempt to use my real name on anything, I'll own you.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
The only "sheeple" I see are the Ron Paul fanatics who have no clue about his voting record or the US Constitution. Do you really believe the majority of Americans want to completely abolish our military like Ron Paul wants to do? Do you really think the majority of Americans want to completely isolate the US from all trade with other nations like Ron Paul wants to do? If you don't believe that those are Ron Paul's goals you need to educate yourself with his voting record. Ron Paul votes against EVERY trade agreement and EVERY defense funding ever introduced, without exception. Any NORMAL American (including the vast majority of Democrats) considers Ron Paul's positions to be absolutely stark raving mad.
Research him, watch his interviews, learn something real about Ron Paul before you make such unwarranted claims. When you have something of value to share with us about what Ron Paul actually believes, what he actually has said, what he's actually written, then your opinion on this topic will have a lot more value.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I'm curious if he even knows where the newsletters were published.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Ever hear of "Identity Theft?" If you attempt to use my real name on anything, I'll own you.
Whew. My user name is Glitch on gay.com.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I could publish an article using your real first and last name and even the state within which you live... "Hi I'm so and so from Texas" for example... and "I believe the following..."

Guess what? - you could have no recourse, and furthermore I doubt you'd even catch it, and lastly, unless I was a fool the publisher probably wouldn't even have my real information to follow-up with me. It's simple... and no it's not identity theft.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 PM

15,776 posts, read 21,287,613 times
Quote:
Research him, watch his interviews, learn something real about Ron Paul before you make such unwarranted claims. When you have something of value to share with us about what Ron Paul actually believes, what he actually has said, what he's actually written, then your opinion on this topic will have a lot more value.
I have. Beyond researching him and watching him in the debates, I have seen him speak 4 times in New Hampshire. Crack. pot.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,340,116 times
Quote:
I have researched Ron Paul's voting record, and everything I posted is exactly as Ron Paul voted. Ron Paul hates the military and votes to defund them every chance he gets. Ron Paul is a total isolationist and votes against every trade agreement ever introduced. These are not "unwarranted claims" they are verifiable fact that Ron Paul can not run and hide from. As to what politicians have to say, I couldn't care less. I don't believe anything any politician says, I only believe what their voting record shows.

It is very edivent by your reckless "unwarranted claims" accusation that you have absolutely no clue about Ron Paul's voting record. I suggest you get educated. It should be a simple matter of posting just one trade agreement Ron Paul voted for, or posting just one Defense spending bill Ron Paul voted for, and you will have proven me wrong. However, since I know you can not produce anything of the sort, I will not be surprised by your lack of response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections