Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 PM

71 posts, read 35,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakijy View Post
From Brad Blog -
"What we need, is we need paper ballots, so votes can be verified," says John Edwards directly in response to Why Tuesday's video Candidate Challenge.
Thanks for the quote/link! At least we have Edwards and Ron Paul (a Republican) who are against Electronic Voting Machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,720,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Do you ever believe anyone ? Try it sometime it's sorta nice to have some kind of faith in your fellow American.

And the libs here in Texas did vote down proof with a state ID when voting....
Give me real facts and i'll believe. Because he is a fellow american doesn't mean i should believe anything he says.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:28 PM

100 posts, read 150,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
WOW, people don't like it when you speak the truth. The folks over at the immigration forum don't like it when people don't share their anti-immigrant point of view.

No people don't like it when you twist and lie. People aren't going to swallow just any premise put out by a poster without giving facts. Look at the above quoted articles who are fighting voter ID. It's always the Dems and libs. The judge put in place by the Clinton's is who they hoped would side with them.

I also find it interesting how OBL people want to say people "against immigrants." Well, I'm an immigrant and I'm against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. There's a big difference. So spin doesn't get it with me.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What evidence do you have to back up that claim? Or is it another conspiracy theory?
It's called....Chicago.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,573,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
But it was the libs who got caught buying votes and going after illegals to vote. It was the libs who didnt want to force someone to show a picture ID before they voted? Now who is dishonest?
Doesn't anyone else find the irony here? This person is going to Florida and is currently in Ohio, in light of the 00 & 04 elections??? Who's laughing with me here?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,645,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Doesn't anyone else find the irony here? This person is going to Florida and is currently in Ohio, in light of the 00 & 04 elections??? Who's laughing with me here?
Guess no one is laughing with you. I guess you need to explain yourself better because no one seems to get your drift?
People move all the time, people retire all the time, its almost time for me to do both, so whats you problem with that?
Actually to defend the crap oyu are trying to maybe are saying, 00 and 04 elections have helped me be able to move and retire to Florida. I lost many good years from the 92 and 96 elections and the 00 and 04 elections made up all the bad years from the 92 and 96 elections.

I will try and find the pay for a vote info that the libs got caught doing I think in Missouri, I hope I can find it to prove that the libs pay people to vote, not once but two and three times and still lost the 04 election !!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:02 PM

I guess I should ask...

Why do the tree huggers oppose showing your ID to vote?

What do ya have to hide?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 PM

One more, dont forget the libs trying to do everything they can to keep our military men and women from voting in the 04 elections.

Scam artist they are, just a bunch a scammers.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 PM

[A] careful review of the facts shows that in 2004, paid Democrat operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression efforts than their Republican counterparts. Examples include:

* Paid Democrat operatives charged with slashing tires of 25 Republican get-out-the-vote vans in Milwaukee on the morning of Election Day.

* Misleading telephone calls made by Democrat operatives targeting Republican voters in Ohio with the wrong date for the election and faulty polling place information.

* Intimidating and deceiving mailings and telephone calls paid for by the DNC threatening Republican volunteers in Florida with legal action.

* Union-coordinated intimidation and violence campaign targeting Republican campaign offices and volunteers resulting in a broken arm for a GOP volunteer in Florida.

Vote fraud and voter registration fraud were significant problems in at least a dozen states around the county. Vote fraud is a reality in America that occurred not only in large battleground states like Wisconsin but in places like Alabama and Kentucky. The record indicates that in 2004, voter registration fraud was mainly the work of so-called “nonpartisan” groups such as Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and NAACP National Voter Fund. Examples include:

* Joint task force in Wisconsin found “clear evidence of fraud in the Nov. 2 election in Milwaukee,” including more than 200 felon voters, more than 100 double voters and thousands more ballots cast than voters recorded as having voted in the city.

* NAACP National Voter Fund worker in Ohio paid crack cocaine in exchange for a large number of fraudulent voter registration cards in names of Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and other fictional characters.

* Former ACORN worker said there was “a lot of fraud committed” by group in Florida, as ACORN workers submitted thousands of fraudulent registrations in a dozen states across the country, resulting in a statewide investigation of the group in Florida and multiple indictments and convictions of ACORN/Project Vote workers for voter registration fraud in several states.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,490,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
[A] careful review of the facts shows that in 2004, paid Democrat operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression efforts than their Republican counterparts. Examples include:

* Paid Democrat operatives charged with slashing tires of 25 Republican get-out-the-vote vans in Milwaukee on the morning of Election Day.

* Misleading telephone calls made by Democrat operatives targeting Republican voters in Ohio with the wrong date for the election and faulty polling place information.

* Intimidating and deceiving mailings and telephone calls paid for by the DNC threatening Republican volunteers in Florida with legal action.

* Union-coordinated intimidation and violence campaign targeting Republican campaign offices and volunteers resulting in a broken arm for a GOP volunteer in Florida.

Vote fraud and voter registration fraud were significant problems in at least a dozen states around the county. Vote fraud is a reality in America that occurred not only in large battleground states like Wisconsin but in places like Alabama and Kentucky. The record indicates that in 2004, voter registration fraud was mainly the work of so-called “nonpartisan” groups such as Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and NAACP National Voter Fund. Examples include:

* Joint task force in Wisconsin found “clear evidence of fraud in the Nov. 2 election in Milwaukee,” including more than 200 felon voters, more than 100 double voters and thousands more ballots cast than voters recorded as having voted in the city.

* NAACP National Voter Fund worker in Ohio paid crack cocaine in exchange for a large number of fraudulent voter registration cards in names of Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and other fictional characters.

* Former ACORN worker said there was “a lot of fraud committed” by group in Florida, as ACORN workers submitted thousands of fraudulent registrations in a dozen states across the country, resulting in a statewide investigation of the group in Florida and multiple indictments and convictions of ACORN/Project Vote workers for voter registration fraud in several states.
Sources?
What is ACORN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections