Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Hillary Clinton(Democrat) 42 59.15%
Ben Carson(Republican) 29 40.85%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Hillary Clinton will never win. I don't know who will just yet, but it will be a Republican. I just look at her and know this because it's a strong feeling. I'm not even into politics.
And how exactly does this Republican candidate make it to 270? As it is now, it is an uphill battle for any Republican candidate to become president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 09:01 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Politicians say foot in mouth statements all the time. Obama has said countless things that should have hurt him. This won't hurt Carson at all. Especially since the majority of voters won't know or think about it.
He's just another Todd Akin. And look what happened to him.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And how exactly does this Republican candidate make it to 270? As it is now, it is an uphill battle for any Republican candidate to become president.

We could do like they did in 1870, to get the 13th and 14th amendments passed.

No seriously. That blue wall was intruded upon, just 4 months ago.

There are 31 States with Conservative leadership, out of 50. That leaves just 19 states with Progressive leadership.
Doesn't Massachusetts have a Republican Governor again?

Old 03-07-2015, 06:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He's just another Todd Akin. And look what happened to him.

That's racist.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:05 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm voting third party.
If this were the case, so would I. I'm not a fan of Hillary at all (not to mention I don't like political dynasties,) but the more Dr. Carson speaks, the less and less I want him in the White House.

- skbl17

Old 03-08-2015, 12:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We could do like they did in 1870, to get the 13th and 14th amendments passed.

No seriously. That blue wall was intruded upon, just 4 months ago.

There are 31 States with Conservative leadership, out of 50. That leaves just 19 states with Progressive leadership.
Doesn't Massachusetts have a Republican Governor again?
You and I both know that a national election isn't the same thing as state elections. You also know the math of those 19 states adds up to 202 electoral votes if the Democrats were to take each one of those states, good chance they will take almost every one. You are also aware of the last time Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and Illinois voted for a Republican presidential candidate. That puts the Democrats up to 252 electoral votes. That would mean they would only need 13 points to win and would only need to take Michigan, Ohio, or Florida.

But for a Republican to win, they would need to take each one of those battleground states and pray to their God that states that always vote for Democrat presidential candidates magically vote Republican.

Good luck watching another Republican lose in 2016.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
If this were the case, so would I. I'm not a fan of Hillary at all (not to mention I don't like political dynasties,) but the more Dr. Carson speaks, the less and less I want him in the White House.

- skbl17
I used to like Carson. Now, not so much. He seems to sound crazier and crazier. I'd still vote for him over Hillary but he'd be one of my last choices and he would, IMO, be very, very, very unlikely to win.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:50 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You and I both know that a national election isn't the same thing as state elections. You also know the math of those 19 states adds up to 202 electoral votes if the Democrats were to take each one of those states, good chance they will take almost every one. You are also aware of the last time Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and Illinois voted for a Republican presidential candidate. That puts the Democrats up to 252 electoral votes. That would mean they would only need 13 points to win and would only need to take Michigan, Ohio, or Florida.

But for a Republican to win, they would need to take each one of those battleground states and pray to their God that states that always vote for Democrat presidential candidates magically vote Republican.

Good luck watching another Republican lose in 2016.
I know you feel entitled to win but, no, a Republican would not need to take every battleground state and for "states that always vote" Democrat to vote Republican. With that being said, it is true that Carson wouldn't be anywhere close to likely to win.

There are countless threads about the "blue wall." I'm not sure why this really belongs here.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm voting third party.
I'm going to the beach unless the third party candidate has a legitimate shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections