Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:56 AM

491 posts, read 319,655 times

Advertisements

This e-mail scandal has just reinforced my belief that the pent-up hostilities between the mainstream-left Clinton wing and the far-left Obama/Warren wing of the Democratic Party represent a ticking time bomb waiting to happen (most likely to go off if Hillary becomes president). The fact of the matter is that the far-left is simply not enthused about a Hillary presidency, no matter how hard the spin has been in the past. The "true progressives," however, realize that their party is so devoid of electable candidates that they are currently willing to hold their noses and give Hillary a coronation in their nominating contest. They probably should ask themselves if winning the 2016 election with Clinton is worth it. While they will enjoy some short-term gloating about an "Obama third-term" and the supposed permanence of the blue wall, the intra-partisan divisions that will occur once Clinton becomes president could very well lead to GOP presidential dominance for a generation. I honestly think that it would be better for the Democrats to lose in 2016, because at least their formidable blue wall will continue to hold in future elections should that happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 03:41 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Hey, didn't she date Karl Marx in her youth?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Hey, didn't she date Karl Marx in her youth?
Nah, it was Groucho Marx.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:23 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,087 times
She was also accused of being a liar and unethical during the water gate hearings and her boss said he could not recommend her for other jobs.

It amazes me how liberals throw republicans under the bus for for unethical behaviour but hold people in their party like hillary to another standard. How is this woman even electable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The WSJ reports that she will officially announce her candidacy for 2016 next month.
Hillary Clinton Seen Launching Presidential Bid in April - WSJ

She has a ton of baggage going back to the Arkansas days (cattlegate) and the WH days (travelgate). Whitewater, which yielded 14 felony convictions, was much more a Hillary project than a Bill project.
Caught In The Whitewater Net - CBS News

Unlike Bill, she is not a great campaigner. If you google Hillary+relatability problem, you get 52,000 results, largely from liberal sources.

What is the source of her appeal? Can some of you liberals/democrats explain it to me?

Old 03-06-2015, 07:26 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,087 times
really? she can't run anything without some sort of scandal. Is that your party's idea of competency and standards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The same way liberals didn't like George W. Bush - competency.

Bush can't run a lemonade stand. Hillary can run the country.

Hey, you want the best person to run this country? She is it. You want some yahoo who can F up this place, vote for a Republican. It's your right.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:28 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The WSJ reports that she will officially announce her candidacy for 2016 next month.
Hillary Clinton Seen Launching Presidential Bid in April - WSJ

She has a ton of baggage going back to the Arkansas days (cattlegate) and the WH days (travelgate). Whitewater, which yielded 14 felony convictions, was much more a Hillary project than a Bill project.
Caught In The Whitewater Net - CBS News

Unlike Bill, she is not a great campaigner. If you google Hillary+relatability problem, you get 52,000 results, largely from liberal sources.

What is the source of her appeal? Can some of you liberals/democrats explain it to me?
Do you pay any attention to public opinion polls? I doubt it. You'd rather flog some ultra conservative agenda that most people don't agree with all the time.

Instead of doing that, take a dose of "realpolitik" and read these polls. Than get back to me.

Swing State Poll: Hillary Clinton Bests*GOP Challengers in Iowa, Colorado and Virginia - Bloomberg Politics

Hillary Clinton has double-digit leads over potential GOP presidential rivals, poll shows - The Washington Post

Hillary Clinton trounces GOP foes in latest poll. Why that's not a big deal - CSMonitor.com

Old 03-06-2015, 07:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
I have none. I prefer she not run.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Why?

A million posters here could give 2 million legitimate and extremely valid reasons why she is an excellent candidate, complete with links to sources of unmatched credibility and thorough analysis in support of such reasons, and you STILL wouldn't recognize or even acknowledge. Such is the Conservative way.

I wouldn't waste my time.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:19 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,601,591 times
Hillary's "scandals" are overblown, but I can't say I'm terribly enthusiastic about her in a vacuum. But the Republican field is made up of acknowledged war criminals and aspiring war criminals fighting over who can screw the country harder to appease the wealthy, so the general election decision is pretty easy for me.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,391 times
Because I want to go from the first black president to the first female president.

Hick Republican heads would explode
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections