Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:39 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times

Advertisements

niether can Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The same way liberals didn't like George W. Bush - competency.

Bush can't run a lemonade stand. Hillary can run the country.

Hey, you want the best person to run this country? She is it. You want some yahoo who can F up this place, vote for a Republican. It's your right.

well apparently liberals vote for yahoos because look at the idiot you people voted for the last 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:09 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is the voting population in the USA(those eligible to vote.) How many people voted in the election.
Do the subtraction and you have the grassroots, that you have to get to the polls. Only Grassroots(Tea Party, Acorn)
Well if you say 10 million sat out the last election, then you must think the Republicans could get 70 million votes with a far right winger candidate even though no one has ever gotten 70 million votes. Also, I don't buy the idea that Tea Party people stayed home in 2012.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Try close to 10 million.
Where does that number come from? Are you telling me all 10 million of those Tea Party people didn't vote in the last two election, and 8 million of them stayed home in 2004? If that is the case, then that doesn't sound like a reliable bunch of voters.
The only thing I can think of was the whole Nader costing Gore 2000 by taking away independent progressives from the Democrat base to give Bush victories in some swing states. The question we need to ask is this 10 million in the battleground states that would have truly helped Romney or was it in Republican safe houses like the south, Texas and Arizona or perhaps other states Romney won regardless? If that was the case, all you could have done was complain about the electoral system rather than using the popular vote (which as I've said would have meant no Bush in 2000 and a much different 2004 due to Bush not being an incumbent due to Bush's 2004 victory the ONLY popular vote victory.)

Old 03-16-2015, 06:24 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The same way liberals didn't like George W. Bush - competency.

Bush can't run a lemonade stand. Hillary can run the country.

Hey, you want the best person to run this country? She is it. You want some yahoo who can F up this place, vote for a Republican. It's your right.
Well, she ran the State Department. What are her accomplishments?

Old 03-16-2015, 06:26 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not so sure that i see lots of enthusiasm.

I voted for her over Obama in the primaries and i thought she'd easily win it. I'm not even sure if i was enthusiastic at the time, but i felt like she had the goods.

That said, if she's the nominee, i'll vote for her over any Republican.
What goods? Please, somebody tell me something she's accomplished.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:21 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Wow I have not read this story for while and it looks like everyone went to jail except the Clintons. This perception of being above the law is going to Haunt Hillary.

Plus Ms. Clinton support bill Clinton as a sexual predator. Bill has destroyed lives and Jones and Flowers are damaged for ever. Bil still walks the streets.
Ken Starr conducted the special investigation right up to the end of the Clinton presidency and never found a thing. Jones and Flowers may be damaged, but Starr must have concluded their cases were a dry well, as no civil cases were prosecuted after the Clintons became private citizens again.

Will Bill's picadillos stick to Hillary? I doubt it. They were a lot fresher 8 years ago, and they didn't hurt Hillary back then. I don't think they will be any more damaging now; the entire thing will be 18 years old next year. That's ancient history in politics.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ken Starr conducted the special investigation right up to the end of the Clinton presidency and never found a thing. Jones and Flowers may be damaged, but Starr must have concluded their cases were a dry well, as no civil cases were prosecuted after the Clintons became private citizens again.

Will Bill's picadillos stick to Hillary? I doubt it. They were a lot fresher 8 years ago, and they didn't hurt Hillary back then. I don't think they will be any more damaging now; the entire thing will be 18 years old next year. That's ancient history in politics.
Nothing more came of the investigation because it went to the den controlled senate after the impeachment in the rep controlled house.

Plus, Hillary never made it to the general election. We don't know how she plays against a person from an opposite party spending a bunch more money.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:49 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Never found a thing? Then why was Bill impeached and disbarred?

Quote:
Too early to tell. But who can tell what else Hillary is hiding?

Old 03-18-2015, 11:51 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Never found a thing? Then why was Bill impeached and disbarred?
Why then, was no prosecution begun after Bill left office? The time limits on Whitewater weren't up. Starr found nothing criminal in either Clinton's involvement with Whitewater. That's why the impeachment collapsed.

Too early to tell. But who can tell what else Hillary is hiding?

I dunno. When did you stop beating your wife? What? You say you never beat your wife? Prove it.

Saying Hillary is hiding something is just the same as this example. No one can ever prove a negative.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
She threw a lamp at Bill.

There is that temper control thing often displayed publically too.
Not as trait of a leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections