Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:25 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,122 times

Advertisements

I don't think anything is inevitable until it actually happens. That said, right now no one else looks remotely plausible. People like to mention how Obama came out of nowhere, but in fact he made a major impression with his Convention speech in 2004 and was widely regarded as a rising star. I don't see anyone remotely like that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Dorfman View Post
When she's burning in hell for eternity she'll have plenty of time to think about whether or not all of the horrible things she did in life were worth it.
Look, hell probably doesn't exist, and this isn't the religious board, so what the point of your tirade, if not blind rage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 06:54 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,687 times

Old 03-18-2015, 11:12 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Republicans are doing their level best to make that happen. But we've all seen how competent Republican politicians are... do you think they're capable of it? I have my doubts.

Hillary does have a ton of baggage. And she's not particularly likeable. But IMO as long as she shows up and seems halfway plausible, women will vote for her in droves.

Now if I was her political advisor, I'd tell her to turn her biggest weaknesses (age and likability) into strengths. Channel Margaret Thatcher. Become the Iron Lady of the Left. I think she could pull it off. Not perfectly... not authentically- but well enough to get elected.
Let'see, she has a ton of baggage and is not likeable but because she wears lady pants suits women will vote for her in droves. Does not sound sexist at all.

btw, you must not know many women because none of the women I know will vote for her. Then again, none of us are voting with our lady bits.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Dorfman View Post
The keepers of the leftist ideology absolutely despise women and minorities that won't do as they're told and toe the leftist line.

What a great woman's role model Hillary proved to be when she actively took part in ruining the lives of the women that her husband sexually assaulted.

Leftists don't care who they have to steal from, rape or even murder as long as the left wing agenda is advanced.

The Clintons, Obamas and their ilk are no better than stalin, Hitler, Goebells, Himmler etc
Tell that to the female voters. Not all women are as gullible as you seem to think, and not all are Democrats, either, but Hillary still enjoys an enormous favorability lead- about 20 points, over any male of either party among the female voting bloc.

And for a fact, women turn out to vote in greater numbers than men.

Sorry to pop your fantasies, Fred, but the ladies aren't going to indulge in your wish fulfillment. Everything you mention is nothing but ancient history now, and has been long forgotten or forgiven.

There's no left win agenda in this. If Hillary decides to run, the Democratic party isn't going to stand in her way of course, but don't expect there won't be another Democrat who throws a hat in the ring. There will be.

And never forget that the first person who mentions Nazis always loses the debate. That has been an internet fact ever since the internet began. You pulled a triple fail.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Tell that to the female voters. Not all women are as gullible as you seem to think, and not all are Democrats, either, but Hillary still enjoys an enormous favorability lead- about 20 points, over any male of either party among the female voting bloc.

And for a fact, women turn out to vote in greater numbers than men.

Sorry to pop your fantasies, Fred, but the ladies aren't going to indulge in your wish fulfillment. Everything you mention is nothing but ancient history now, and has been long forgotten or forgiven.

There's no left win agenda in this. If Hillary decides to run, the Democratic party isn't going to stand in her way of course, but don't expect there won't be another Democrat who throws a hat in the ring. There will be.

And never forget that the first person who mentions Nazis always loses the debate. That has been an internet fact ever since the internet began. You pulled a triple fail.
Uh; Stalin killed more innocent people than Hitler and his boys tho all of their kind were scum.

Hillary: I heard about that poll. Tho to be fair, I don't really trust it. Maybe because there ain't a strong candidate from either party just yet so she's the default choice.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:23 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Stalin killed more innocent people than Hitler and his boys tho all of their kind were scum.

Hillary: I heard about that poll. Tho to be fair, I don't really trust it. Maybe because there ain't a strong candidate from either party just yet so she's the default choice.
There goes another reference to Hitler. The old internet fact is still factual.

Even so, I agree with your thought. While Hillary is the strongest of the bunch, the election is still 19 months away. Anything can happen in a 19 month time span.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:07 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Hillary looks good until she starts opening her mouth.....she is no Bill Clinton.

Holy crap yes!
Bill deserved it but when she opens her mouth, what a B........like a wild animal.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:17 AM

609 posts, read 808,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you need to get Hillary through the dem primary 1st and, it ain't looking real good for her IMHO.
How is it not looking good?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post
How is it not looking good?
Too much baggage and she has a LOT of McCain's problem which he had in 2008. Like being too close to the POTUS at the time AND being too old IMHO.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 AM

27 posts, read 18,152 times
Great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...X0&app=desktop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections