Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 07:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Quite right! I remember some college students from my college days that also wasted time and money going to college barely passing. They also dropped out their senior year when the day of reckoning came. IMO, doing this demonstrates a lack of discipline, direction, fiscal responsibility, and ability to achieve goals.
Have they, or those who did graduate become the governor of a US state, and someone whom many consider presidential material? I wouldn't vote for the man with a gun to my head, and I don't support his political policies, but find this line of reasoning incorrect. 60% of Americans do not have a college degree, many of these people are extremely successful, and are the ones telling those with degrees what to do.

I have a graduate degree. I worked hard for my educational achievements, but earning the degrees were easy compared to the hard work, and real life achievement of creating a successful business. I would never be so shortsighted as to put having a degree above actual real world success. It's important to realize that in the past, leaving college for work, and then continuing up the ladder based on the quality of one's work, and skills was common.

Last edited by detshen; 03-21-2015 at 07:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 08:13 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Really? So can it be any degree or should there be only certain degrees that qualify?

Lots and lots of educated idiots out there. Many officers in the Service with degrees are often times the least qualified to lead in real life situations.
Lot of kids out there with years of college experience that have the commonsense and ability of a tree.
LOL!! Right!!

A degree in English!!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:24 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
They finished something! Walker has not.
He ran and won 3 elections and has been a very successful Governor of the 20th most populated State in the Country. I would say given the circumstances he is the furthest thing from a quitter.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
I guess if that person is elected to office only to do the bidding for special interest groups that give the orders, no degree would be necessary.
This thread is about Walker not Obama.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:08 PM

8,891 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Walker dropped out of college the second semester of his senior year with two more years of credits necessary to graduate. He wasted time and his parents' money going to almost four years of doing nothing constructive. He wasn't going to graduate and he knew that. Better he quit before his parents send out graduation invitations to their friends and family. Otherwise, who in their right mind would throw out four years of time and money to not graduate?
Yep, I'll bet Bill Gate's parents looked upon his non-graduation as the greatest failings of their lives ..... imagine the money wasted on those pre-printed graduation invitations they couldn't send back ...

Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
A person can't get a job as secretary in the White House without a degree.

You need a degree to be a commissioned officer in the military.

You can't join the FBI, the CIA or virtually any federal position without a college degree.

Should we remove the college requirement from these positions so we don't have all federal employees with more education than the president? After all, he would be their boss.
You need a degree to be in the CIA or FBI ????? are you sure ?

Im not saying you are wrong, im just saying I have never heard of such a thing.

Also, I dont think a degree is needed, from what I heard Scott Walker was only a few credits shy of his degree and just realized he didnt need a degree to do what he wanted in life.

My last semester in college, do you know what I took ? 2 P.E. Classes(to fill my elective quota), Public Speaking and CIS(aka Microsoft office). If I had failed any of those classes, would have made my actual Course work any less notable or negated the fact that I passed all my Core Business classes with a 3.3 GPA(overall GPA of 3.2), Nope

Im not going to attack the man for being smart enough not to pay 2000 dollars in graduation fees,freaking rip off.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:34 PM

752 posts, read 566,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
"Whether you are left or right leaning, think of the last two presidents you liked the most. If you are a (D) you like Bill Clinton, and if you are an (R), you liked Ronald Reagan. Both made Obama & Bush look like amateurs."
Nonetheless, I don't think there's any question as to which president passed the most significant legislation: Barack Obama. Pretty good for an amateur.

Quote:
"Both were successful governors, and went on to be good executives (whether you liked their politics or not). Being a governor helps you to realize it is not my way or the highway. Both Reagan & Clinton were pragmatic enough to realize you cannot have it all your own way, and were good enough leaders to get beyond the gridlock that plagues many an inexperienced person, hoping to be a successful POTUS.
,"
The difference is that the opposition party Reagan contended with, the Democratic Party, was sane. Clinton was "pragmatic," but it didn't much matter -- the GOP is batsh!+ crazy, so naturally it tried to remove him from office (after accusing him of rape, murder, etc.). No sense in trying to reason with a dementia patient -- you just have to wait for him to die. And so it goes, tick-tock ...

Old 03-21-2015, 09:55 PM

78,406 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Walker derangement syndrome runs strong in this thread.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Nonetheless, I don't think there's any question as to which president passed the most significant legislation: Barack Obama. Pretty good for an amateur.
"Significant" can be a plus or minus. The maiden voyage of he Titanic was 'significant.' ACA, aka Obamacare was a 2700 page law passed with zero bipartisan support or input, signed by Pres. Obama in March 2010. By Nov. 2010 the GOP took back the US House, obviating the possibility of fixes to the sea-change law that had been rammed down republican throats. By 2014, the GOP had taken control of the Senate too, largely on the basis of unhappiness with the ACA.

Quote:
The difference is that the opposition party Reagan contended with, the Democratic Party, was sane. Clinton was "pragmatic," but it didn't much matter -- the GOP is batsh!+ crazy, so naturally it tried to remove him from office (after accusing him of rape, murder, etc.). No sense in trying to reason with a dementia patient -- you just have to wait for him to die. And so it goes, tick-tock ...
Well, the murder allegations (the 'Clinton Chronicles') were in retrospect crazy, but the sex crime allegations were not. The allegation by Juanita Broaderrick of rape was very credible. Clinton settled Paula Jones to the tune of $800,000. I once asked an HR person at the fortune 500 company where I work what would have happened to CEO Clinton following the blue dress incident. The reply was that he would have been terminated.

Clinton's sex addiction escapades continued after he left office, not according to me, but according to liberal writers Halperin and Heilemann who wrote about it in Game Change. Making a guy like that POTUS and then 20 years later thinking about making his wife POTUS...now that is insanity and mental illness on the march.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:09 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yep, I'll bet Bill Gate's parents looked upon his non-graduation as the greatest failings of their lives ..... imagine the money wasted on those pre-printed graduation invitations they couldn't send back ...
Oh pleeeez !! I'm pretty sure he paid them back in spades!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections