U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,875,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Huh?!?!?
What do Clintons have to do with anything I wrote?
Remember this post. You may love this contrived 1950's throwback act, but it will not resonate in the real world. Cruz will Luze to whoever the Dems run. Take that to the bank

The Clinton have set the stage for a defeat, more importantly a debate against Hilary Clinton will ensure a possible Cruz confrontation will not end well for Dem's. Cruz has the ability to strike at the heart of the matter.
While Clinton or even a Warren could not even engage in a pointed debate.

I'll take to the bank that the Dem's have lost political capital and trust with Obama. Even Harry read is going to retire because of the policies and protected polices that he afford Obama.

Clinton not really have a record just merely help positions with out merit.:s mack:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 10:00 AM

29,302 posts, read 39,654,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Stage 3 is where BOTH sides, not just one, go back to the drawing boards and figure out a health care reform plan that can serve all Americans.

Relying on a single party, and a single ideology, to push through health care reform is Obamacare's original sin and its most fatal flaw.

You have to get a system that everyone has ownership of.
Pushing through the republican/Heritage foundation plan was Obamacare's original sin. He should have gone for universal, tax-supported healthcare similar to what the rest of the civilized world has had in place for generations. Maybe Hillary can get it done.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:49 AM

46,054 posts, read 29,454,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Senator is Cruze is very serious candidate, because he does not dance around the issues . Cruz goes after the issues of the day, directly. . He is actually more experienced than BO. Cruz has went against his own party and is a US Constitutional Scholar.
Cruz offers the checks and balance this country needs to get back on course.

Obama is a failure on multiple layers and he has not been able to accomplish the goals he had laid out as Candidate Obama. We are 20 Trillion in debt and we do not have effective Immigration Policy. Only by shot gun method.

Cruz is direct and Dem's are scared!
How does the one term Senator Cruz have more experience than Obama? This is the first political office Cruz has ever held and isn't even through his first term. Are you referring to his years working as a Washington Insider for Baby Bush?

Old 03-28-2015, 10:54 AM

7,542 posts, read 8,404,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How does the one term Senator Cruz have more experience than Obama? This is the first political office Cruz has ever held and isn't even through his first term. Are you referring to his years working as a Washington Insider for Baby Bush?
Its the first *elected* position that Mr. Cruz has held, he was Solicitor General in Texas and a Deputy AG under President Bush. He worked on the President Bush's successful court fights regarding the Florida recounts in 2000.

Further, if elected President, Cruz would be the historic first Latino President in American history.

I think that's pretty important

Old 03-28-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Its the first *elected* position that Mr. Cruz has held, he was Solicitor General in Texas and a Deputy AG under President Bush. He worked on the President Bush's successful court fights regarding the Florida recounts in 2000.

Further, if elected President, Cruz would be the historic first Latino President in American history.

Yep, a Washington Insider as a Bush lawyer. And you are right, IF elected, Rafael Cruz would be the first Latino President, but that shouldn't be important to right wingers. You guys don't just vote for people because of their race do you?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:37 AM

36,513 posts, read 16,273,941 times
Quote:

Why is that important? Why does it matter what race or ethnicity our president is?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:58 AM

27,182 posts, read 15,710,087 times
Quote:
Yep, a Washington Insider as a Bush lawyer. And you are right, IF elected, Rafael Cruz would be the first Latino President, but that shouldn't be important to right wingers. You guys don't just vote for people because of their race do you?
Yeah, then add in that people want an executive for president (governor for instance) than a legislator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkUIj5xaRpU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why is that important? Why does it matter what race or ethnicity our president is?
If it don't then why do people say Obama as a Muslim and wonder if his birth certificate is legitimate? You can't have things both ways. Either race is an issue or it isn't. I believe the latter. I didn't vote for Obama because of his race but because I disagreed with his policy.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah, then add in that people want an executive for president (governor for instance) than a legislator.
I would understand right wingers getting in support of one of their many Republican Governors for President than any Washington Insider like Rafael Cruz. Though I highly doubt he has any chance of winning the GOP nomination.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:26 PM

7,542 posts, read 8,404,324 times
Quote:
I would understand right wingers getting in support of one of their many Republican Governors for President than any Washington Insider like Rafael Cruz. Though I highly doubt he has any chance of winning the GOP nomination.
The Republican leadership isn't too swift. I expect them to nominate another moderate and go blazing down to defeat.

Although no matter what moderate they nominate- Christie? Bush? McCain?- the moderate will be labeled as the "next Hitler" by the Democrats, the Democrats will push the whole liberal social agenda, and the GOP candidate won't say a word.

So, the Republicans will lose everyone on the left side of the social agenda, yet gain no one who disagrees with the Religious Left as they won't be rallying social conservatives. Sort of like what Mr. Romney did in 2012, uttering not a syllable about abortion or other social issues during the whole fall campaign.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:43 PM

51,746 posts, read 41,667,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Please nominate Rafael. Please, proceed.
Just like in the 2008 democratic primaries, the Hillary supporters are once again showing their racist stripes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections