U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 PM
 
10,708 posts, read 6,049,888 times
Reputation: 5693

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ted Cruz, is going to be more of a Nightmare for Hillary, and all the lefts mud, than Rand Paul
Here is why Ted Cruz won't make it past the first few primaries. He made these remarks at an Iowa homeschool forum yesterday:

"Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) accused gay Americans of waging “jihad” against Christians by opposing anti-LGBT religious freedom laws.

“You look at the jihad that is being waged right now in Indiana and Arkansas, going after people of faith who respect the biblical teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one woman,” Cruz said."


WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

Outside of the Bible Belt, Cruz is going to tank so fast he'll create a whirlwind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2015, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 29,447,323 times
Reputation: 7829
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Dad will not be on the ballot however.
His son, Rafael Cruz will be on c the GOP primary ballot. Though probably not the general election ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 12:16 AM
 
10,812 posts, read 8,026,957 times
Reputation: 17006
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
then she was up against Republican Clayton Williams, the oilman that decided he would impress women by making a joke about rape ("relax and enjoy it"). Even then, it was a close race (with a Libertarian obviously taking some of William's votes away).
Actually, it was Claytie's refusal to shake Richard's proffered hand, caught on camera after their debate, that did him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 06:00 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,282 posts, read 33,633,272 times
Reputation: 14171
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Here is why Ted Cruz won't make it past the first few primaries. He made these remarks at an Iowa homeschool forum yesterday:

"Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) accused gay Americans of waging “jihad” against Christians by opposing anti-LGBT religious freedom laws.

“You look at the jihad that is being waged right now in Indiana and Arkansas, going after people of faith who respect the biblical teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one woman,” Cruz said."


WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

Outside of the Bible Belt, Cruz is going to tank so fast he'll create a whirlwind.

Yes, thanks for backing up my point. The nightmare for the Dems is not over. I would love to see Hillary, try to debate Ted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 06:04 AM
 
93 posts, read 117,594 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ted Cruz, is going to be more of a Nightmare for Hillary, and all the lefts mud, than Rand Paul
You are kidding...I trust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
7,542 posts, read 8,401,886 times
Reputation: 3482
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydDbarber View Post
You are kidding...I trust.
Cruz is considered to be a lot sharper debater than Paul is, excellent at thinking on his feet.

Cruz went to the Ivy League, studying law and public policy, Paul doesn't have the experience- he studied hard science and medicine during his education over at Baylor a less partisan political environment.

On paper, Cruz is definitely a tougher foe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,297 posts, read 39,649,356 times
Reputation: 18714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, thanks for backing up my point. The nightmare for the Dems is not over. I would love to see Hillary, try to debate Ted.
You won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 29,447,323 times
Reputation: 7829
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Cruz is considered to be a lot sharper debater than Paul is, excellent at thinking on his feet.

Cruz went to the Ivy League, studying law and public policy, Paul doesn't have the experience- he studied hard science and medicine during his education over at Baylor a less partisan political environment.

On paper, Cruz is definitely a tougher foe.
On paper doesn't mean much when it comes to reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 08:57 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Outside of the Bible Belt, Cruz is going to tank so fast he'll create a whirlwind.
Don't you mean a whirlpool? Maybe he'll circle so fast, he'll pull the whole party down the drain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 08:58 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
On paper doesn't mean much when it comes to reality.
It's always better to train your pets to go on paper....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top