Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 05:29 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sure you would. We all know that's a tactic, designed to cast doubt among Cruz supporters. Sorry. Doesn't work
Actually, it IS working. It's making you all double down on Cruz. Which is exactly the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 06:14 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sure you would. We all know that's a tactic, designed to cast doubt among Cruz supporters. Sorry. Doesn't work

It isn't a tactic, its an outright fact. I would LOVE it if Cruz is the GOP nominee, My reaction would be

Old 03-30-2015, 06:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,255,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It isn't a tactic, its an outright fact. I would LOVE it if Cruz is the GOP nominee, My reaction would be
No matter who the Republican nominee is, even another moderate like Romney or McCain, they will be attacked as the next Hitler. Romney was a decent guy, but the media made it seem like he killed that steelworker's wife and Bain was the incarnation of evil. (BTW, with all the stuff about Bain Capital, they are still in business, and were never prosecuted for their "crimes")

It is better for Cruz to get these attacks over with now, they'll be boring and ineffective by next fall.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
No matter who the Republican nominee is, even another moderate like Romney or McCain, they will be attacked as the next Hitler. Romney was a decent guy, but the media made it seem like he killed that steelworker's wife and Bain was the incarnation of evil. (BTW, with all the stuff about Bain Capital, they are still in business, and were never prosecuted for their "crimes")

It is better for Cruz to get these attacks over with now, they'll be boring and ineffective by next fall.

Cruz will be totally forgot about by next fall. This is his 15 minutes of fame.

P.S. Like many others, I would love to see the Republicans nominate him,
he has NO chance in the general election.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think there is a 99.9% likelihood that this is fabricated garbage. I can't find any other sources for the quote:

. If Cruz said this it would be on page one of the NYT, WAPO, and every other D house organ.

It makes no sense given the Constitutionalist/libertarian bent of Cruz. Provide proof, preferably recorded audio, or apologize for passing along a fabricated smear. One or the other.
Yeah, I already did a Mea Culpa for that. Sorry.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You are aware that Tad Cruz officially declared that he would make church mandatory?
Perhaps the OP should have provided this link. It's not the same as Kennedy in anyway.

Ted Cruz Adds Mandatory Church To Platform After "Inspiring Words" From Sylvia Allen | National Report

"Cruz’s proposal, which his campaign staff says will become an “official” part of his platform over the next several days, would require all Americans to visit “a church or other religious property” at least once each month, unless they meet certain exemption standards, which have not been formally announced yet. Failure to comply would result in a fine, and going several months without a church visit could even result in jail time."

To me, it smacks too much like Christian Sharia Law being made a part of our government system.
I don't think the majority of voters are going to get on board with his programs. Especially the "go to church or go to jail", part.
That right there should be enough to send him plunging to the bottom of the electoral heap.
No one is going to make chruch mandatory. I don't care where your feelings are or how informed you are not, everyone should know this isn't going to happen. Why not consider the source and realize anyone can claim anything and the liberal media, specially the stupid blogs should never be taken seriously.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Oh please. You thought it was perfectly reasonable for others to still be requesting proof from Obama 2 years after he had already provided his BC...

08-13-2010, 03:44 AM
but did you read what I really said? I said I didn't doubt it for one minute, but I do understand people wanting to see his original BC. This is very different from whether Cruz is elegible to run. It has been determined he is; that should be the end of it. In his case it is simply a matter of the law, not proving where he was born. Have you researched the law? It appears he is legally able to run for President.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
IMO there were many people who would have voted for McCain but due to his past health issues were frighted by his pick of Sarah Palin as his running mate.
Yes, I too believe his cancer was an issue, but obviously it should not have been.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:25 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes, I too believe his cancer was an issue, but obviously it should not have been.
Sure it was. All of a sudden we were in financial collapse. The nation wanted someone in the White House, not in a cancer ward.

Everyone in the United States knows all about cancer and fears it more than any other disease. McCain's misshapen face reminded everyone he was a cancer victim.

Should it have been an issue? Of course. Officially, no one is ever cured of cancer. The best outcome is called permanent remission. EVeryone also knows about cancer's way of coming back worse than ever.

I'm happy McCain is still in remission. I hope he stays that way, now that he plans to retire. While cancer wasn't the only reason for his defeat, it was as good a reason as any other for hundreds of millions of voters.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:28 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post

By next fall, Cruz will be back in the Senate, chastened after his primary defeat, and all the more sober for it. A good thing, too. he needs to get his overweening ego knocked down a peg or two if he is serious about becoming President of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections