U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-04-2015, 05:29 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,163,576 times
Reputation: 6109

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sez you.
It's called the truth. Look for it instead of making things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If you were female, black or gay, you would say otherwise.
Because females, blacks, and gays are all the same and don't act as individuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All have gotten rights long denied by both individuals and the government earlier on.
Because of the tyrannical big government YOU love, their rights were not protected. That's one of the roles of government, to protect rights,

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The government does give and does take away.
Government does not grant rights. Government defines those rights in order to protect them. That's their job. The individual at birth receives those rights. Thinking otherwise is mind boggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Someone gets something from someone who just got something taken away.
This statement makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2015, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,295 posts, read 14,289,522 times
Reputation: 15783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's called the truth. Look for it instead of making things up
You claimed it. You prove it.

[/quote]Because females, blacks, and gays are all the same and don't act as individuals?[/quote]

No. Because none are afforded the same degree of rights as white males. Everyone is an individual, and everyone acts as they want.

[/quote] Because of the tyrannical big government YOU love, their rights were not protected. That's one of the roles of government, to protect rights,[/quote]

“We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” (Dr. Martin Luther King)

Government does need to protect everyone's rights. Protecting the same rights for all, to the same degree, is NOT tyranny. It is Liberty and Justice For All. No matter how big or small the government is.

And do not presume I am a lover of big government because I disagree with you. That's nothing but dog crap your tracking up the house with. It's not my fault you were barefoot when you stepped in it.

Failure to do so resulted in Southern apartheid for a century after the Civil War. Declarations of freedom mean nothing without protection, and in our long period of apartheid, a minority of one race removed the freedoms of another race with impunity.

[/quote]Government does not grant rights. Government defines those rights in order to protect them.

That's their job. The individual at birth receives those rights. Thinking otherwise is mind boggling.[/quote]

Civil rights have been re-defined many times since the Constitution was written. That is indeed the job of the Union. A child of a gay couple currently does not have the right of legal legitimacy everywhere in the United States at present. So, for this child, if born in the wrong state, some rights are not received at birth, while another child is granted them.

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” (another quote from MLK)

[/quote]This statement makes no sense.[/quote]

I'll put it another way. When someone's rights are denied, someone else took them away. That is your own reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2015, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,180 posts, read 15,706,154 times
Reputation: 9830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You get your rights as an individual, not by being an American.

Government takes away rights, they do not grant rights.
You do but you don't. If you live out in an unclaimed land that is not a part of a country, you have all the rights you want. However they aren't protected. Maybe people move in and then you can't just tell them to move to the area you didn't gate off as well as need to realize that your actions have consequences. Maybe you farmed naked and polluted the lake without thinking. Now others need to use it and may be offended by your nakedness.

The fact is government don't take rights away, it's society that does. Society said that it is legal to own slaves and so slavery was legal. Equal voting rights weren't allowed because society didn't want women and blacks to vote because they weren't smart enough. Separate but equal was around for blacks and still for gays because society deems it immoral. Government only limits rights as it is society's tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sez you. If you were female, black or gay, you would say otherwise. All have gotten rights long denied by both individuals and the government earlier on. The government does give and does take away. Someone gets something from someone who just got something taken away.
Exactly, it depends on what society says is what the people want. Government is the tool for this. Sometimes government does things against the will of the people but, it is the choice of at least some people. Think of it this way, separate but equal laws wouldn't exist if most whites really wanted to treat blacks as the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2015, 11:12 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,293 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Reputation: 14178
Instead of the freedom and liberty to make the change or not, the change government wants, is done by force with the threat of violence and even death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,180 posts, read 15,706,154 times
Reputation: 9830
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Instead of the freedom and liberty to make the change or not, the change government wants, is done by force with the threat of violence and even death.
That is because some people say "We don't want to give up our freedom to allow others to not have their's." Remember Gov. Wallace in Alabama "standing up" to national pressure both media wise and politically because he thought that blacks should stay second class citizens? That is just as evil, if not more than what you were stating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2015, 12:44 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,293 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Reputation: 14178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is because some people say "We don't want to give up our freedom to allow others to not have their's." Remember Gov. Wallace in Alabama "standing up" to national pressure both media wise and politically because he thought that blacks should stay second class citizens? That is just as evil, if not more than what you were stating.

When attacked, one better have the means and the ability to fight back, or be made slaves.
Ask Moses and the whiteman that was enslaved for 2000 years by the black man.
It took an act of God to free them. It took the act of a whiteman to free the blackman held in slavery for 500 years.

Slavery is alive and doing well today. Right here in the good `ol USA. And there is no color of skin placed upon it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2015, 01:04 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,293 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Reputation: 14178
Train wreck, eh?






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEOKJRkhpxg



Obamacare doesn't pay for the diapers that will be soiling, if we really have under estimated his candidacy to be a train wreck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2015, 01:37 AM
 
Location: Ohio
1,268 posts, read 621,062 times
Reputation: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When there is no Jesus in their life, all they have left is violence and murder.
We can certainly learn from the respect the right shows to President Obama. It's like shooting ducks in a barrel with conservatives. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2015, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,163,576 times
Reputation: 6109
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You claimed it. You prove it.
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No. Because none are afforded the same degree of rights as white males. Everyone is an individual, and everyone acts as they want.
Government didn't protect their rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
“We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” (Dr. Martin Luther King)
Agreed one always has to right for their rights. Government tries to take them away

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Government does need to protect everyone's rights. Protecting the same rights for all, to the same degree, is NOT tyranny. It is Liberty and Justice For All. No matter how big or small the government is.
Yes government does need to protect rights. That's their job

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
And do not presume I am a lover of big government because I disagree with you. That's nothing but dog crap your tracking up the house with. It's not my fault you were barefoot when you stepped in it.
lol what a horrible analogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Failure to do so resulted in Southern apartheid for a century after the Civil War. Declarations of freedom mean nothing without protection, and in our long period of apartheid, a minority of one race removed the freedoms of another race with impunity.
Agreed and that was governments fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Civil rights have been re-defined many times since the Constitution was written. That is indeed the job of the Union. A child of a gay couple currently does not have the right of legal legitimacy everywhere in the United States at present. So, for this child, if born in the wrong state, some rights are not received at birth, while another child is granted them.
What do you mean by legal legitimacy? What do you mean by civil rights have been redefined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'll put it another way. When someone's rights are denied, someone else took them away. That is your own reasoning.
More than likely government. At the very least government didn't do their job by protecting the rights of the individual
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2015, 11:31 AM
 
Location: CasaMo
15,474 posts, read 7,482,353 times
Reputation: 16829
The GOP played the "moderate" game the last two elections and they lost both of them. I'd say, if you fail twice using the same strategy its time to change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top