Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,881,997 times

Advertisements

Oh who shall we vote for this time? I have really looked into the candidates this time around. Now I have to admit I have a few things I look for in a candidate that if they aren't there.... FLUSH! They aren't the right person for the job in my opinion. Unfortunately sometimes the person with the best financial backing is not the best person for the job. You have to think with all the lobbying that BIG BUSINESS is flooding money into someone's campaign who they think will protect their ability to continue bending us over and giving it to us the way that they have for decades.

Here is my opinion: We really need to let the rest of the world police itself. Our overseas interests are killing our ability to protect and maintain our homeland. We should leave the U.N. They count on us for our financial and military support but don't aide us when we need them. Let other countries who feel righteous go fight battles. If a foreign country wants our specific assistance...let them apply for Statehood and then be taxed to repay the monies used to assist them. Why should WE as citizens bear the financial burdens of other countries because we are asked for help???? Let's bring all our troops home including the troops in Korea, Germany and everywhere else around the world. I am certain there are thousands of families who would rather celebrate the holidays here than in some foreign land. If we defend our borders the only feasible way we can be attacked, is by our enemies coming here and if all our troops are here, we have one kick ass defense. We can also divert funds to being spent domestically instead of abroad and make it so the dollar isn't financing everyone else's political / economic structure except for our own.

It is my opinion that EVERY U.S. citizen should have the right to bear arms unless they have a criminal history. Every criminal who has violated the Constitutional Rights of another citizen should be considered to have forfeited their own citizenship and be deported instead of imprisoned so we don't have to continually pay for their bad judgement, bad moral conduct and willingness to harm others. Charlie Manson should be put in a rubber raft with a hole in it, filled with chum and set adrift in the middle of the Pacific. Let God pass his judgement instead of spending millions to keep his sad excuse for a life preserved behind walls by the improper, twisted and moronic interpretation of our own laws here. That money could have been spent feeding poor, housing homeless or educating children. Sounds a bit radical but sometimes a kick in the ass is the only way to get a mule to walk. Being American is NOT something determined by race or religion. Being American is an ideal, a way of life that needs to be protected and that is up to each of us.

Whatever your race or religion, you should be voting for the candidate who stands for preservation of the Constitution and Civil Liberties. We should stop allowing religious and special interest groups to influence our political structure as well as allowing big business and the biased media to currupt it. By the way some of the news agencies report you would think that only two candidates were running and they were both Democratic.

War is big business, and the news agencies make money from horror and shock. They know that everyone slows down to look at an accident. That's why the news is filled with war, murder and unfortunately Brittney Spears. How else could they sell more papers and drive more viewers to their channel than while they are reporting on a war or talking about a fallen star? News agencies have gone from providing a service to promoting the sacrifices of our soldiers to sell newspapers. Go to: CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News and look over the caucus standings. Those votes will change as candidates gain strength or drop out of the running.

Thomas Jefferson once said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." How about watering the tree with some tyrants for a change. I think the patriots have bled enough for a while. About 28,000 U.S. troops have been wounded in Iraq, and at least 3,700 killed, according to the Pentagon.

You should be voting for the candidate who stands for you maintaining your rights and freedom to choose. The candidate who has been consistent throughout his political career and not flip-flopped depending on what the hot issues are currently. In my opinion there is only one candidate who has stuck to their platform. GET INVOLVED!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Oh who shall we vote for this time? I have really looked into the candidates this time around. Now I have to admit I have a few things I look for in a candidate that if they aren't there.... FLUSH! They aren't the right person for the job in my opinion. Unfortunately sometimes the person with the best financial backing is not the best person for the job. You have to think with all the lobbying that BIG BUSINESS is flooding money into someone's campaign who they think will protect their ability to continue bending us over and giving it to us the way that they have for decades.

Here is my opinion: We really need to let the rest of the world police itself. Our overseas interests are killing our ability to protect and maintain our homeland. We should leave the U.N. They count on us for our financial and military support but don't aide us when we need them. Let other countries who feel righteous go fight battles. If a foreign country wants our specific assistance...let them apply for Statehood and then be taxed to repay the monies used to assist them. Why should WE as citizens bear the financial burdens of other countries because we are asked for help???? Let's bring all our troops home including the troops in Korea, Germany and everywhere else around the world. I am certain there are thousands of families who would rather celebrate the holidays here than in some foreign land. If we defend our borders the only feasible way we can be attacked, is by our enemies coming here and if all our troops are here, we have one kick ass defense. We can also divert funds to being spent domestically instead of abroad and make it so the dollar isn't financing everyone else's political / economic structure except for our own.

It is my opinion that EVERY U.S. citizen should have the right to bear arms unless they have a criminal history. Every criminal who has violated the Constitutional Rights of another citizen should be considered to have forfeited their own citizenship and be deported instead of imprisoned so we don't have to continually pay for their bad judgement, bad moral conduct and willingness to harm others. Charlie Manson should be put in a rubber raft with a hole in it, filled with chum and set adrift in the middle of the Pacific. Let God pass his judgement instead of spending millions to keep his sad excuse for a life preserved behind walls by the improper, twisted and moronic interpretation of our own laws here. That money could have been spent feeding poor, housing homeless or educating children. Sounds a bit radical but sometimes a kick in the ass is the only way to get a mule to walk. Being American is NOT something determined by race or religion. Being American is an ideal, a way of life that needs to be protected and that is up to each of us.

Whatever your race or religion, you should be voting for the candidate who stands for preservation of the Constitution and Civil Liberties. We should stop allowing religious and special interest groups to influence our political structure as well as allowing big business and the biased media to currupt it. By the way some of the news agencies report you would think that only two candidates were running and they were both Democratic.

War is big business, and the news agencies make money from horror and shock. They know that everyone slows down to look at an accident. That's why the news is filled with war, murder and unfortunately Brittney Spears. How else could they sell more papers and drive more viewers to their channel than while they are reporting on a war or talking about a fallen star? News agencies have gone from providing a service to promoting the sacrifices of our soldiers to sell newspapers. Go to: CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News and look over the caucus standings. Those votes will change as candidates gain strength or drop out of the running.

Thomas Jefferson once said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." How about watering the tree with some tyrants for a change. I think the patriots have bled enough for a while. About 28,000 U.S. troops have been wounded in Iraq, and at least 3,700 killed, according to the Pentagon.

You should be voting for the candidate who stands for you maintaining your rights and freedom to choose. The candidate who has been consistent throughout his political career and not flip-flopped depending on what the hot issues are currently. In my opinion there is only one candidate who has stuck to their platform. GET INVOLVED!!!!!
This may be just a bit too long !

Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,445,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Here is my opinion: We really need to let the rest of the world police itself. Our overseas interests are killing our ability to protect and maintain our homeland.
Agreed.

Quote:
We should leave the U.N.
I disagree.

Quote:
They count on us for our financial and military support but don't aide us when we need them. Let other countries who feel righteous go fight battles. If a foreign country wants our specific assistance...let them apply for Statehood and then be taxed to repay the monies used to assist them. Why should WE as citizens bear the financial burdens of other countries because we are asked for help????
Agreed

Quote:
Let's bring all our troops home including the troops in Korea, Germany and everywhere else around the world.
I disagree.

Quote:
I am certain there are thousands of families who would rather celebrate the holidays here than in some foreign land.
Agreed.

Quote:
If we defend our borders the only feasible way we can be attacked, is by our enemies coming here and if all our troops are here, we have one kick ass defense.
I disagree.

Quote:
We can also divert funds to being spent domestically instead of abroad and make it so the dollar isn't financing everyone else's political / economic structure except for our own.
Agreed.

Quote:
Whatever your race or religion, you should be voting for the candidate who stands for preservation of the Constitution and Civil Liberties. We should stop allowing religious and special interest groups to influence our political structure as well as allowing big business and the biased media to currupt it.
I disagree. This is contradictory. I hate special interests too, but they are comprised of people, who have a voice. Denying them that voice would be unconstitutional.

Quote:
By the way some of the news agencies report you would think that only two candidates were running and they were both Democratic.
agreed.

Quote:
War is big business, and the news agencies make money from horror and shock. They know that everyone slows down to look at an accident. That's why the news is filled with war, murder and unfortunately Brittney Spears. How else could they sell more papers and drive more viewers to their channel than while they are reporting on a war or talking about a fallen star? News agencies have gone from providing a service to promoting the sacrifices of our soldiers to sell newspapers.
agreed.

Quote:
Go to: CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News and look over the caucus standings. Those votes will change as candidates gain strength or drop out of the running.
agreed - sort of obvious, right?

Quote:
Depending on your point of view, anyone could be labeled a patriot or a tyrant.

Quote:
You should be voting for the candidate who stands for you maintaining your rights and freedom to choose. The candidate who has been consistent throughout his political career and not flip-flopped depending on what the hot issues are currently. In my opinion there is only one candidate who has stuck to their platform.
agreed!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM

I have a few things I look for in a candidate and if they aren't there, I have to vote for the one with the most. Thats why I will vote for Ron Paul!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections