Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,645,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
Because 60,000 people died for no good reason. Do you know any family who lost one of those 60,000? Or one of the soldiers who came back with the trauma of the war?

My God America has lost its soul.
My step father had the lovely job of pulling the bodies out of the river and bagging and tagging. he has been diagnosed with Post traumatic stress disorder. He is messed up, still has nightmares. My Uncle was wounded in Korea and I lost an Great Uncle in Pearl harbor. I hate War.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 06:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,404,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
First of all, what does Afghanistan have to do with Iraq??? Wrong country bud.

Saddam was a friend of ours. We kept him in power and we funded him and his war against Iran for example. Have you ever seen this picture?

Google Image Result for http://www.doublespeakshow.com/image...m_Rumsfeld.jpg
Both Afghanistan and Iraq were, and Iran and Syria are, funding, training, and providing safe harbor to international terrorist organizations. That is why we invaded both Afghanistan and Iraq, and why we will be invading Iran and Syria in the future. Government sponsorship of international terrorism cannot be tolerated.

You are misinformed. Saddam was never our "friend", nor did we keep him in power or fund him in any way. During the Iran/Iraq War the US provided both Iraq and Iran with military intelligence of each other's positions for the expressed purpose that neither side should win. Up until 1979 the US supported Iran, while the USSR supported Iraq.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:26 PM

80 posts, read 40,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
My step father had the lovely job of pulling the bodies out of the river and bagging and tagging. he has been diagnosed with Post traumatic stress disorder. He is messed up, still has nightmares. My Uncle was wounded in Korea and I lost an Great Uncle in Pearl harbor. I hate War.
My uncle carries the pictures of the people he killed in a little box.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,702,948 times
Quote:
So if Iran and Syria dont play by our rules, we take them out? And why do the terrorists hate us so much. I know it isnt because we are a free nation. I have seen reports that say they are tired of our invading or butting in mentality.
Why do they Hate us
We're Infidels!
And pretty much because of everthing the secular left stands for and by doing so they believe we have contaminated their cultures..... thats why they hate us

Old 01-15-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Both Afghanistan and Iraq were, and Iran and Syria are, funding, training, and providing safe harbor to international terrorist organizations. That is why we invaded both Afghanistan and Iraq, and why we will be invading Iran and Syria in the future. Government sponsorship of international terrorism cannot be tolerated.

You are misinformed. Saddam was never our "friend", nor did we keep him in power or fund him in any way. During the Iran/Iraq War the US provided both Iraq and Iran with military intelligence of each other's positions for the expressed purpose that neither side should win. Up until 1979 the US supported Iran, while the USSR supported Iraq.
I guess the picture of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam wasn't good enough for you.

Or the fact that our CIA is sending our supposed prisoners to Syria for further torture.

As for the United States complicity in the Iraq-Iran war you might read this article.

THE UNITED STATES AND THE IRAN-IRAQ WAR (broken link)

Old 01-15-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Why do they Hate us
We're Infidels!
And pretty much because of everthing the secular left stands for and by doing so they believe we have contaminated their cultures..... thats why they hate us

If they did 1% to us of what we have done to them we would hate them too.

9,986 posts, read 18,645,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Why do they Hate us
We're Infidels!
And how did we contaminate their culture? And do other Countries contaminate as well since many do not live as they do? I cant imagine, that us just being America ,would **** them off.

17,823 posts, read 23,404,380 times
Quote:
So if Iran and Syria dont play by our rules, we take them out? And why do the terrorists hate us so much. I know it isnt because we are a free nation. I have seen reports that say they are tired of our invading or butting in mentality.
The government of Iran should have been take out already. Once Iran's current government is toast, Syria's government may collapse without firing a shot. However, if they don't then the terrorist sponsoring Syrian government must also be removed by force.

Why someone hates the US is irrelevant, as long as they seek to do harm to innocent civilians they are a threat that must be eliminated. Long before the US had troops in Saudi Arabia or anywhere else in the middle-east, there were Islamic terrorists killing Americans. So they can manufacture whatever excuse they want to try and justify their hatred, it doesn't matter.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Long before the US had troops in Saudi Arabia or anywhere else in the middle-east, there were Islamic terrorists killing Americans.
Do you have a source to back up this claim? And don't forget to include our support of Israel up to and including the 1946 war.

Truman and US Support for Israel

Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,702,948 times
Quote:
And how did we contaminate their culture? And do other Countries contaminate as well since many do not live as they do? I cant imagine, that us just being America ,would **** them off.
OK like it or not The American Culture is the overwhelming culture of the world Look at China for petes sake! or any communist country good old fashioned capitolism is takeing over the world! Now mix that (and everything that comes with it) into a THEOCRACY Their wives all want to drive cars or thier kids get lippy they blame us! Rotten evil GODLESS Americans!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections