U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 03:18 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,187,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh - the old 'makers' vs 'takers' argument! That is so 2012. Ask Mitt how well it worked for him.

Wonder how many people on Medicare gonna take that personally? Most of them vote Republican, no?
Just because it's not popular, that doesn't make it untrue. This is why democracy is such a crappy system because popular is equated with good. People think just because a majority of Americans think one way that it is inherently a good thing. Of course the idea of "I'm going to take this guy's stuff and give it to you" is popular but that doesn't make it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 AM

26,719 posts, read 11,208,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No he didnt, And i fact check has the entire quote, which i even posted in the thread.
You have never provided one bit off proof. Just because you said so. You never quoted him. Never.

Quote:
no i didnt, for the very reason i just posted.
What reason? Where?

Quote:
no I didnt. Paul made a claim that was easily refuted by simply quoting him .
No he didnt, again, I quoted him direclty.
No you haven't. I'm still waiting for you to post that quote. Because you said so holds no water.

Quote:
I didnt claim it was all that important. I simply claimed he didnt say what he claimed, and I brought proof to back that up.
No you didn't and you have still shown no proof. You've provided no quotes from Rand Paul whatsoever. You've provided nothing of substance. If you did, you'd provide proof. All because you said so.

Quote:
The original claim made by the reported(backed up by an actual quote from Paul) was that he proposed a cut in aid to Israel. He never claimed that to be false.
He never did and you've shown no proof. None. All because YOU said so. Still waiting for you to show proof.

Quote:
What he did was try to add a qualifier.
He didn't add it. That's always been his policy.

Quote:
One that he cant back up because at the time, he said cut off everyone at the same time, not Israel last. So it doesnt satisfy the requirement.
Yes it does satisfy the requirement. To say otherwise is dishonest.

Quote:
There is indeed a difference between cutting off everyone at the same time, and cutting one country off last. You need me to specifically explain that to you ?
Again AS IT PERTAINS TO ISRAEL. How hard is that to understand unless one has a twisted agenda which doesn't include the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or