U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 11:50 AM

21,486 posts, read 14,387,730 times

Advertisements

Rand doesn't get to set the rules when it comes to answering questions about his past statements on policy.

Every 2016 candidate will get grilled on the same set of griddles, and all will sizzle and squirm a time or two, or more, before election day. That's how our Presidential elections work these days. Rand's temper tantrums with his questioners won't change that at all, and it will lose him points.

A big part of any modern Presidency demands facing hard questions from one side or another, and the run-up to the primaries is a way of vetting which candidates are too thin-skinned to withstand the demands of office. With his party split over "True" Republicans vs. "All Other" Republicans, changing his mind about his old stances makes it particularly hard for Rand.

It's mighty bouncy out on the far end of the plank, and the seas are mighty cold once someone loses their balance. Rand walked out there to the end of the plank all by himself. Let's see if he can find his way back to the safety of the rail now. I don't think he will be thrown a lifesaving rope if he loses his precarious balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 11:54 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,525,560 times
Rand needs to start saying "I've evolved" like the others do when past statements are dredged up.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:00 PM

23,303 posts, read 11,544,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
His Dad was worse in that one has to follow Ron to get the full meaning because too many just scratch the surface.

The easy answer is don't cherry pick his quotes. Which is what you are doing here. Many times he has said don't cut off aid to Israel first and the time he doesn't, even though the overall picture of what he said backs up his previous statements, you still cherry pick it.

sigh....He never said cut aid to Israel alone and you just backed up what I said. From your link

This proposal eliminates all foreign aid to all countries. Would it be better to say wait 1 day then cut off Israel?
neither I or the interviewer claimed he said cut aid to Israel alone. but HE said that he would cut aid to those who dont like us first and then get to Israel(that was his explanation in the interview), The politifact link includes a direct quote, and he clearly did not say that at the time.

Paul did not say(4 years ago) what he claimed in the video( 3 days ago). Again, he may have wanted us to read his mind, but the fact remains, he didnt say what he claimed.

So no, i didnt back up your argument and I didnt Cherry Pick. He plain and simply didnt say what he claimed.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Rand needs to start saying "I've evolved" like the others do when past statements are dredged up.
There is nothing wrong with a politician admitting they are wrong. When did it become a bad thing to admit your mistakes ?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:19 PM

26,725 posts, read 11,222,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
neither I or the interviewer claimed he said cut aid to Israel alone. but HE said that he would cut aid to those who dont like us first and then get to Israel(that was his explanation in the interview), The politifact link includes a direct quote, and he clearly did not say that at the time.
Yes he did because that's always been his policy. Become informed about a candidate before interviewing them.

Quote:
Paul did not say(4 years ago) what he claimed in the video( 3 days ago). Again, he may have wanted us to read his mind, but the fact remains, he didnt say what he claimed.
Yes he did and he's done so many times.

Quote:
So no, i didnt back up your argument
Yes you did. You ignored his position relevant to the question. His answer was the same.

Quote:
and I didnt Cherry Pick.
Yes you did

Quote:
He plain and simply didnt say what he claimed.
Yes he did

The fact remains you don't know what is important and you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Again
Cut off foreign aid but don't start with Israel. Start with countries who are burn our flag. Satisfies the requirement by not cutting off aid to Israel first

This proposal eliminates all foreign aid to all countries. Satisfies the requirement by not cutting off aid to Israel first
Oh I get it on this one when they name all the countries in the actual bill and Israel isn't listed last and Rand goes with the bill he flip flopped right?

You have made no attempt to explain the difference. The reason is you cannot. There is no difference. You have nothing.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes he did because that's always been his policy. Become informed about a candidate before interviewing them.

yes he did.
No he didnt, And i fact check has the entire quote, which i even posted in the thread.

Quote:
Yes you did
no i didnt, for the very reason i just posted.

Quote:
Yes you did
no I didnt. Paul made a claim that was easily refuted by simply quoting him .

Quote:
Yes he did
No he didnt, again, I quoted him direclty.

Quote:
The fact remains you don't know what is important and you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
I didnt claim it was all that important. I simply claimed he didnt say what he claimed, and I brought proof to back that up.

Quote:
Again
Cut off foreign aid but don't start with Israel. Start with countries who are burn our flag. [b]Satisfies the requirement by not cutting off aid to Israel first
No.

The original claim made by the reported(backed up by an actual quote from Paul) was that he proposed a cut in aid to Israel. He never claimed that to be false.

What he did was try to add a qualifier. One that he cant back up because at the time, he said cut off everyone at the same time, not Israel last. So it doesnt satisfy the requirement.

Quote:
You have made no attempt to explain the difference. The reason is you cannot. There is no difference. You have nothing.
There is indeed a difference between cutting off everyone at the same time, and cutting one country off last. You need me to specifically explain that to you ?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with a politician admitting they are wrong. When did it become a bad thing to admit your mistakes ?
It's the PC way of saying "I've flip flopped to get your vote"

Hillary has not admitted she was wrong. She said she "evolved".
That pertains to gay marriage and to illegal aliens in the US.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's the PC way of saying "I've flip flopped to get your vote"

Hillary has not admitted she was wrong. She said she "evolved".
That pertains to gay marriage and to illegal aliens in the US.
So your problem is actually that she is being PC ????

Old 04-12-2015, 12:52 PM

391 posts, read 330,718 times
Looks like the election is over b4 it even started. If she runs, she wins.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
So your problem is actually that she is being PC ????
LOL..you defend Hillary for being PC and put down Rand for not admitting he was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or