Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'm sorry that you seem to be unaware that "states rights" has been the go-to argument for racist whites since before the Civil War.
It's in the Bill of Rights so your claim is the Constitution is racist. lol

Quote:
There's a REASON Rand Paul was elected in the South after parroting 'states rights'. That's Teabilly code for 'put them blacks in their place'.
Yet he and Corey Booker are co sponsoring the Redeem Act which levels the playing field for minorities by getting non violent drug offenses off their records. So people in Kentucky and in the South are racist. Your post is a joke and hypocritical.

Quote:
It's real easy to be all theoretical about something like 'states rights' when it wasn't your people who were affected.
It's easy to make things up when you have no substance to fall back on.

Quote:
But from now until the end of time, 'states rights' will be a dog-whistle for racism. You know it. I know it. We all know it.
Your the first "person" I've ever heard say states rights are racist. Your post is a joke.

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder who you guys are trying to convince.
Ignorant people like yourself who do not respect property rights and are clueless of the role of government

Quote:
Cause ain't nobody outside the Teabilly Echo Chamber buying what you're selling. Looks to me like you're just trying to convince yourself.
Keep falsely playing the race card and falsely testifying. When a poster has nothing to stand on the thing to do is lie about others beliefs.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 04-21-2015 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well in that states could decide to write racist or sexist laws and it is protected because it's the "states right." It's the whole "I'm against the law but I support the logic behind it," theory.
But the laws concerning public property are not protected. That's the rub allowing government the ability to write any law that bars anyone based on sex, race,.... Private property is a different matter. One cannot call it a right when it infringes on the rights of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That said, the law itself is colorblind. It's the people who enforce it whether it is a mayor, governor, president, DAs, ADAs and police, that aren't such is the case of the recent religious freedom laws. This is exactly how separate but equal happened. The law said they needed equal protection and people skirted it by allowing negros seating at restaurants but not prime location or seats on the back of the bus if they were available.
Yes the war on drugs is a perfect example of profiling minorities. Some places wouldnt let them in. I never understood the logic behind the separate but equal.

But when one allows the "benevolent" hand of government to infringe on the rights of the individual because they think it is the "moral" thing to do, how is that any different whether one agrees or disagrees with the morality of that law? Jim Crow is no different than the Civil Rights Act as it pertains to forcing a private business to serve someone or forcing a private business to not serve someone. I'm sure they were many people who thought Jim Crow was moral. In a nutshell government isn't moral. Not saying you're saying they are.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:16 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
The Constitution allowed slavery and conferred full citizenship only to white males. So yes, the Constitution plainly is racist.

Is this news? Do you think the 'founding fathers' are some kind of deities?

Old 04-21-2015, 09:34 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Maybe your America is in decline... I dunno. But my little slice of America is doing quite well, thanks.

I do think there's truth in your statement though. Rural White America IS in decline. And the hateful rhetoric we see among Teabillies reflects that. Problem is that they're largely siding with the same billionaires and multinationals that have pillaged the Main Street Economy.

All that hate sure is expensive- selling out their childrens' futures to the billionaires just because y'all are scared of them eeeebil blacks and gays and atheists. If it weren't for all the good people Teabillies are dragging down with them, I would say the decline of Rural White America looks a lot like justice.
Yeah because it was a Republican who signed NAFTA...oh wait, no it wasn't.

For all the talk of other people being racist I've come to realize you take your positions because you dislike white people and don't like America. It's people like you who are going to cheer on all of us losing our freedoms. People who don't believe in things like property rights, self ownership, and the freedom of association are fit to be ruled. Because you can't understand the principles of liberty through your antipathy for the foundational values and beliefs of the United States you will continue to tilt at windmills supporting leftists and neocons who continue to legislate away our freedoms. Your ideology has been weaponized at the ballot box unfortunately.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Yeah because it was a Republican who signed NAFTA...oh wait, no it wasn't.

For all the talk of other people being racist I've come to realize you take your positions because you dislike white people and don't like America. It's people like you who are going to cheer on all of us losing our freedoms. People who don't believe in things like property rights, self ownership, and the freedom of association are fit to be ruled. Because you can't understand the principles of liberty through your antipathy for the foundational values and beliefs of the United States you will continue to tilt at windmills supporting leftists and neocons who continue to legislate away our freedoms. Your ideology has been weaponized at the ballot box unfortunately.
As I've repeatedly stated, Democrats are FAR from perfect. **** like NAFTA just goes to show that ultimately, Dems and Repubs work for the same bosses. That said, Republicans backed NAFTA almost 100%. It was a Republican initiative from the git-go. The ONLY substantive opposition came from Democrats. It wasn't enough. And Bill Clinton betrayed working Americans for political expediency. Are you suggesting a Republican president wouldn't have signed NAFTA? If that's what you think... you're only fooling yourself.

And this does NOT excuse Republicans' obsession with cutting taxes on billionaires so that many are now paying a LOWER tax rate than I paid when I was a mechanic. And not even cutting spending to offset those cuts. It does NOT excuse Republicans' penchant for cutting education, veterans' benefits, social security, etc. just to give the billionaires a few more dollars.

"principles of liberty" Jesus man... lay off the talk radio a little. I'm not a slave to some rich white men who signed a piece of paper a couple hundred years ago, and neither are you. The constitution may as well have been toilet paper before the ink was dry, and if people THOUGHT it still meant something, the Civil War should've disabused them of that notion 150 YEARS AGO. The only law that applies in the U.S.- or anywhere- is that "might makes right". The constitution is a great political tool, and a convenient basis for legal arguments. Nothing more.

You doubt me? Try exercising your Holy Second Amendment Rights in front of a school and see how that works out for you. Ever notice how both Democrats and Republicans ROUTINELY pass laws that are obviously 'unconstitutional'? Ever notice how cops routinely get away with murder? That's because- as GWBush put it- the constitution is " just a goddamn piece of paper". Might be the only thing he ever got right besides being born rich.

You still doubt me? Notice how Supreme Court justices always manage to come up with a 'constitutional' justification for whatever their preference happens to be. These 'constitutional' arguments can change completely depending on the ideology of the judge, their personal interests, the times and culture. Even judges from the same party have done complete 180's as the times have changed. Not to mention that there CAN BE no 'original intent' when the people who WROTE that silly document couldn't even agree on what they meant. Constitutional arguments are an exercise in cherry-picking and political posturing. At least Liberals are intelligent enough to see that, and honest enough to kinda admit it with their silly 'living, growing document" perspective.

I've got nothing against white people in general- and I defy you to demonstrate otherwise. Hell I'm married to a white woman! And she's German- don't get no whiter than that. It just happens that I'm not impressed with hateful and deliberately ignorant people- and a majority of them in the U.S. are white.

Look I know you folks enthralled by the likes of Rand Paul think you're onto some kind of foundational truth. Fact is Paul and those like him are political charlatans taking advantage of hateful rubes watching their old social order crumble. Times change. If you don't change with them, you become angry, marginalized, irrelevant. I wish better for you.

Last edited by turkey-head; 04-21-2015 at 10:55 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
The Constitution allowed slavery and conferred full citizenship only to white males. So yes, the Constitution plainly is racist.
Show me proof that certain races or only females are barred now.

Quote:
Is this news? Do you think the 'founding fathers' are some kind of deities?
I think your twisted agenda thinks so. But then again why listen to you falsely testify?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I've got nothing against white people in general- and I defy you to demonstrate otherwise. Hell I'm married to a white woman! And she's German- don't get no whiter than that. It just happens that I'm not impressed with hateful and deliberately ignorant people- and a majority of them in the U.S. are white.
Defy you to prove otherwise? LMAO You just did it right here. A majority of them are white. Gee I wonder if the illegals and legals who come over here are knowledgeable? Rhetorical they're not. But I can see how someone blinded by racism couldn't see that even though its obvious to those who have a bit of intelligence.
You're not married to a white woman. Go play that game elsewhere. "I'm married to a white woman so its okay if I say that most of the hateful people are white."

Quote:
Look I know you folks enthralled by the likes of Rand Paul think you're onto some kind of foundational truth. Fact is Paul and those like him are political charlatans taking advantage of hateful rubes watching their old social order crumble. Times change. If you don't change with them, you become angry, marginalized, irrelevant. I wish better for you.
Yet you offer no proof. Why believe you when your racist comments show what you're really like.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Rand Paul isn't ready for prime time.
He shushed one female reporter, talked over another, got schooled by Megyn Kelly, and now walked out of a Guardian interview.
The persecution complex is strong in that man.
Why don't we dispense with this over used phrase? Parroting others shows you to be incapable of independent thought. The phrase was clever the first time. It's lost its luster.

Besides, the leftists are notorious for talking over opponents when they are invited on shows like "The Kelly File." When you don't have an argument, you shout down your opponent. This has been practiced by the left for decades. It prevents the opposing view from being heard, so you don't have to answer it.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Defy you to prove otherwise? LMAO You just did it right here. A majority of them are white. Gee I wonder if the illegals and legals who come over here are knowledgeable? Rhetorical they're not. But I can see how someone blinded by racism couldn't see that even though its obvious to those who have a bit of intelligence.
You're not married to a white woman. Go play that game elsewhere. "I'm married to a white woman so its okay if I say that most of the hateful people are white."

Yet you offer no proof. Why believe you when your racist comments show what you're really like.
My wife of 14 years is surprised to learn that she isn't married. Who the hell is this blonde haired green eyed gal I just made supper for?

BTW, I never said that a greater proportion of white Americans are racist as compared to Americans of color. But America is what? 60% white? Therefore, unless you assume that white people are inherently LESS hateful and ignorant than minorities (and maybe you do?), then it would follow that a clear majority of hateful, ignorant people in America ARE white. Maybe this isn't covered in Texas... but take a look at this mathematical concept

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proport...y_(mathematics)

Just like a majority of people on welfare are white. That statement says nothing particularly ill of white people- it's a function of the fact that ya'll are a majority. Is that proof enough for you?

And so that's why Rand Paul has a career. A majority of hateful, ignorant people in this country are white. And Rand Paul's stance in favor of LEGALIZED DISCRIMINATION appeals to these hateful white southerners. Same goes for his 'states rights' stance that was used to defend both slavery and Jim Crow laws.

It's obvious to everybody but his fans what's going on. And that's why he'll never be president.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Show me proof that certain races or only females are barred now.

I think your twisted agenda thinks so. But then again why listen to you falsely testify?
As you well know, women generally couldn't vote until the constitution was amended. Black people were property and CERTAINLY couldn't vote until the constitution was amended (and often couldn't vote long after due to laws passed and defended under the guise of 'states rights').

As for the constitution as it exists TODAY applying differently to men and women... well don't take my word for it. Take the word of Republicans in the Great State of South Carolina- where Randy Paul has many neoconfederate fans:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2..._not_gays.html

Similar reasoning would EASILY apply to non-white people. And these guys are Super-Pro-Freedom-Rand-Paul-loving-god-fearing-southern-Republicans so they CAN'T be wrong. Can they??

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice 'original intent'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections