Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:29 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jGoLtGYl4Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 02:40 PM

732 posts, read 1,039,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noy5f-y0uhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb9Hs2SmfQ

It is always nice to see a career elite ivory tower democrat squirm.

It's so wonderful that career liberal Dem dinosaurs like Feinstein, Leahy and Durbin are now firmly in the minority. Cruz surely did destroy all 3 of them in this clip. They were practically drooling with rage.

Cruz would also destroy Madame, even with Bubba offstage whispering in her ear. Unfortunately, political debates are certainly not debates in any sense of the word. They are merely platforms for delivering sound bites. However, Clinton has shown herself incapable of even delivering those effectively, i.e. "We were dead broke", "What difference does it make?" etc.

Dems better hope Candy Crowley comes to the rescue again.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post

Dems better hope Candy Crowley comes to the rescue again.

Ted would have destroyed Candy Crowley.

He comes to the fight, very well prepared, unlike Mitt who like Rick Perry, had to ask Ron Paul for help.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDTD86kssY8

Old 04-17-2015, 08:43 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,150,853 times
I don't think Democrats will get the insane good fortune of Ted Cruz getting the nomination unfortunately. To the frothing at the mouth Teabagger fascists he's a great debater but most people think hes a creep. He just comes off as mentally unhinged when he's speaking. I've seen old speeches by Joseph McCarthy and Cruz's similarity in style is uncanny.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
he comes across as a smug, arrogant jerk.

This is the fatal flaw that conservatives make over and over again. They pick a candidate that is an extremist and an ideological firebrand that is completely unlikable and polarizing to anyone outside the Fox News and right wing talk radio echo chamber.

The truth is smug and can be said to be very arrogant. To the point those telling the lies start the name calling, because they have nothing left for the truth....

Then comes a whopper! Who picked Mitt then? I don't think you could ever call Mitt Romney an extremist, coming from the far left of the Constitution.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:23 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
All this talk of his great debating skills and all we have seen, is him debating the media... and winning.

I cannot wait to see Ted Cruz, debate someone.... Anyone.
How about you?

It will be so easy to see, those afraid of Cruz actually getting far enough down the road, to debate their gal.
I am looking forward to any of our current possible candidates debating her. I think they can all hold their own.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:38 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,673,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am looking forward to any of our current possible candidates debating her. I think they can all hold their own.
Short memory? She kinda sucked in 2008. She had every reason to win the Democratic nomination but came up short against a guy nobody had ever heard of in Barack Obama.

Since 2008, even more things have emerged that the GOP can use to bury her. Destroying evidence about Benghazi was a phenomenally stupid thing to do. A kindergartener could write the GOP script on that one: "If just withholding evidence was enough to bring impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, how can anyone in good conscience vote for somebody who went one worse by destroying all of the evidence?" Reality is, Watergate was a dumb scandal. Republicans spying on Democrats. Who'd a thunk it? Benghazi has the potential to gain the same amount of traction and really should be a bigger deal than Watergate. You're already seeing things like this:

I don't know if I care all that much who wins, but it'd be nice to see both parties actually put their best foot forward. That means not nominating Hillary. If you hadn't noticed, the GOP is doing it again: Doubling down assuming that Hillary will be their opponent. Smartest counter move is to nominate somebody else again.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 04-18-2015 at 11:28 AM..

Old 04-18-2015, 10:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,811,213 times
Quote:
All this talk of his great debating skills and all we have seen, is him debating the media... and winning.

I cannot wait to see Ted Cruz, debate someone.... Anyone.
How about you?

It will be so easy to see, those afraid of Cruz actually getting far enough down the road, to debate their gal.
All this talk about Ted Cruz being a skillful master debater who will decimate anyone on the same stage with him is setting the bar so high that anything less than a stupendous take down of his opponent will be seen as a failure. But keep pumping him up, BentBow. I look forward to the inevitable downfall when he is unable to live up to the lofty unrealistic heights his supporters have placed on him.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:01 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,811,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I don't think Democrats will get the insane good fortune of Ted Cruz getting the nomination unfortunately. To the frothing at the mouth Teabagger fascists he's a great debater but most people think hes a creep. He just comes off as mentally unhinged when he's speaking. I've seen old speeches by Joseph McCarthy and Cruz's similarity in style is uncanny.
This. He looks like him, he sounds like him, and his message is the same brand of demagoguery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections