Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He neglects that his parents benefitted from the fact that the wealthy used to pay a much higher percentage of the taxes. When the wealthy were paying 90% taxes, we didn't have such a high national debt and we could do a lot of things we can't do anymore. Cutting taxes for the wealthy even more isn't going to put prosperity for everyone on the table.
The wealthy never paid 90%. Not according to me, but according to liberal darling economists Piketty and Saez.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/33560671-post99.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 04:49 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
What race is he?

Saying he is "Cuban" is like saying I'm "American". I'm American but "American" isn't a race or an ethnicity. Also saying Rubio is "Hispanic" is bull****.

In other words, he looks Spanish to me and I believe Rubio is a Spanish surname.

Are his ancestors European? Is he 100 percent Spanish (European)?
Oh Gawd. Who cares. And yes ethnicity is:

An ethnic group or ethnicity is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience.

So he is Cuban American

Old 04-13-2015, 04:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
It's ridiculous and pointless for him to run for president. He must think that he'll get the Latino (read: Mexican) vote for the mere fact that he's Hispanic himself and because he's expressed a pro-amnesty view. White Cubans are generally known for being racist and looking down on non-Cuban Hispanics (Mexicans in particular). So if he thinks he'll appeal to Mexican voters, let him continue in his delusion.
I actually initially liked his fond memories of his view of how things were back then...and actually sounded ( hush his mouth) a lot like BO...Then went into all the blame game usuals and blame policies ( which he/his parents and family benefited BTW) are all wrong...Tea-party caucus was even responsible for forcing him to not just walk away BUT RAN away from his own pushed Immigrations Reform Bill..( will mention later what that means).

Once he went into foreign policy blame games he lost me completely...and for all his talk about his children, & their children is going to face in the future..His Climate change stance just baffles me??

You mentioned he believes in Amnesty....I tend to believe he is in favour of "PATHWAY" which means they would NOT become Citizens immediately..but will be able to work, pay taxes be legal .. BUT Certainly NOT be able to have access any American Citizen rights..THEY COULD NOT VOTE for example...

Now..Back to Marco running away from his Immigration Bill after pressure from Tea Party caucus..IF yo think he could fold under those circumstances....Wait till he gets a taste of POTUS pressures..LOL

Old 04-13-2015, 05:02 PM

27 posts, read 18,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
It's ridiculous and pointless for him to run for president. He must think that he'll get the Latino (read: Mexican) vote for the mere fact that he's Hispanic himself and because he's expressed a pro-amnesty view. White Cubans are generally known for being racist and looking down on non-Cuban Hispanics (Mexicans in particular). So if he thinks he'll appeal to Mexican voters, let him continue in his delusion.
Well then its ridiculous and pointless for that old white woman to throw her musty old hat in the ring then, who does she think she is going to get to vote for her tired old white ass?

Old 04-13-2015, 05:09 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdemeanor View Post
Well then its ridiculous and pointless for that old white woman to throw her musty old hat in the ring then, who does she think she is going to get to vote for her tired old white ass?
Oh, the old hat in the ring is better than Rubio's diaper that he just threw in.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:19 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Seriously? Cuban American.
He NEVER shuts up about it.
Quote:

An ethnic group or ethnicity is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience.

So he is Cuban American )

What RACE IS HE?

I don't care, I will keep asking and asking and asking and asking until my fingertips are blue, I want to know the guy's bloody ****ing race.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:21 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Quote:

So he is Cuban American
Make no mistake about it, even in Cuba there are "levels" when it comes to race, and if Rubio is who I think he is, he would be despised by the average Cuban.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...racism+blacks+

Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Ted Cruz is 100X smarter and more qualified than Rubio.
And even more unelectable.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:41 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
“Just yesterday, a leader from yesterday began a campaign for president by promising to take us back to yesterday. But yesterday is over, and we are never going back.”
Marco Rubio In his announcement.
Amen to that!
I think he is on to something he should play this at all his events.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JA1nWPFqM

Awkward!

Old 04-13-2015, 06:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
What RACE IS HE?

I don't care, I will keep asking and asking and asking and asking until my fingertips are blue, I want to know the guy's bloody ****ing race.
Well, maybe ask for him to produce his birth certificate to answer your question. His ancestry ( parents) were immigrants from Cuba..and he was born in USA..old code word "Anchor Baby" which would fit any child born in USA from Immigrant parents who came here....Whether he's Spanish or mixed race really doesn't matter however..often matters to many

Oh wait. Have you even looked at Cuban immigration history?? Maybe that will explain some of these things...

Here's a place to start~~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Cuba

snip~~
Nationality Cuban
Major ethnic White (64.1%) (2012)[1]
Minor ethnic Mulatto and mestizo (26.6%), black (9.3%) (2012)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections