Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate the field?
A 15 27.27%
B 14 25.45%
C 10 18.18%
D 7 12.73%
F 9 16.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:42 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times

Advertisements

We're now barreling ahead into the next election cycle. How do you rate the Republican field of candidates from A to F?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 01:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
I like all the candidates so far, I could see myself voting for anyone of them. I Don't know if I could find myself voting for Christi at this point and I still need more info on ahen before making a decision.

I am certainly in the anyone but Hillary camp.

Ultimately for me living in California it is a forgone conclusion that my presidential vote doesn't really matter.

Last edited by shooting4life; 04-14-2015 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 01:56 PM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I'm a radical centrist libertarian but have many conservative views and even a few liberal ones. I'd rate it a B. I like Paul and Walker, Rubio is okay. Bush is out and so is Christy, which strengthens the field. On the dem side, I'd give it a D. Hillary is ready to make her grand exit which leaves only O'Malley. They better start looking for more candidates or O'Malley will look awfully lonely( and silly) on stage by himself at the debates.
There's that sneaky little twerp Terry McAuliffe of the Global Crossing scandal fame. I'm surprised he hasn't snaked his way into consideration yet.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm a radical centrist libertarian but have many conservative views and even a few liberal ones. I'd rate it a B. I like Paul and Walker, Rubio is okay. Bush is out and so is Christy, which strengthens the field. On the dem side, I'd give it a D. Hillary is ready to make her grand exit which leaves only O'Malley. They better start looking for more candidates or O'Malley will look awfully lonely( and silly) on stage by himself at the debates.
There's that sneaky little twerp Terry McAuliffe of the Global Crossing scandal fame. I'm surprised he hasn't snaked his way into consideration yet.
Ditto

I couldn't agree more! I gave it a B as well. If the Dems believe Hillary is a shoe-in simply because of her genes... they are sorely mistaken.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Ditto

I couldn't agree more! I gave it a B as well. If the Dems believe Hillary is a shoe-in simply because of her genes... they are sorely mistaken.
FunFact:

Most true progressives have been urging both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren to run. Bernie is strongly considering it, because he is an independent. However, Elizabeth has been reprimanded by Democratic Donors for being too stern towards Wall Street.

The Democrats want Hillary Clinton to run mainly because Wall Street likes her. Funding is everything. Thanks to the right-wing Supreme Court, Democrats are stuck capitulating to big money to stay competitive with Republicans on the funding front. The two-headed Monster was created by bribing the Supreme Court to shift the nation further to the right. Until money gets out of elections, the crusade towards fascism will continue in both parties.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
I am independent, but I think it is looking pretty good for GOP, and not good at all for Dems.

Some candidates like Cruz and Walker will be culled early, but I think some others like Huckabee and Bush and maybe Paul will be in the final four.

That's cool, because I believe it is best for the nation when they take turns.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hey, thats my horrible governor you're talking about! It's pronounced McAwful, jeez.

He's Hillarys pet flying monkey, wouldn't run. He's angling for a VP or at least Secretary of Commerce spot.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am independent, but I think it is looking pretty good for GOP, and not good at all for Dems.

Some candidates like Cruz and Walker will be culled early, but I think some others like Huckabee and Bush and maybe Paul will be in the final four.

That's cool, because I believe it is best for the nation when they take turns.

Walker scares Mr "Independent".

Old 04-14-2015, 05:25 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Walker scares Mr "Independent".
Walker is the least scary of the bunch in my opinion. Shrug. Might be the most divisive given his past, but not nearly as scary.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Walker is the least scary of the bunch in my opinion. Shrug. Might be the most divisive given his past, but not nearly as scary.

Don't be such a girrrrly man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections