Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 AM
J24

448 posts, read 863,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hillary grew up in a working family, earned scholarships to pay for her education and became financially successful. Romney was born to money, went to private schools, never worked for anything and made more money because of his father's accomplishments and his willingness to hurt other people in the process. It's too bad that people on the right equate the two.
I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you should probably double check it next time. Her parents owned a business. They might not have been "rich", but she definitely didn't grow up struggling or hungry... or "poor".

I noticed you edited your post removing the "poor" part, good call.

And now, Hillary hasn't driven her own car since the 90's! Who is really the disconnected one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,708,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you should probably double check it next time. Her parents owned a business. They might not have been "rich", but she definitely didn't grow up struggling or hungry... or "poor".

And now, Hillary hasn't driven her own car since the 90's! Who is really the disconnected one?
LOL, I noticed the removal of the "poor" part being edited out too. Yep, good call.

4,288 posts, read 2,056,679 times
Quote:
Romney was born to money, went to private schools, never worked for anything and made more money because of his father's accomplishments and his willingness to hurt other people in the process.
Hard work and ability had nothing to do with it?

Quote:
His willingness to hurt other people in the process
Would it have been less hurtful to just allow the companies they tried to turn around to fail?

Admittedly I don't really know enough about all the companies he worked with to say he never did any thing most would consider wrong.

12,282 posts, read 13,225,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It worked to demonize wealthy people because they knew people are jealous but now since Hillary (a liberal) is wealthy it's ok. Then again, Hillary can't make up her mind if she's broke or not. Her daughter got a job right out of college working for liberal news earning $600k a year, she wears designer items but that's ok because she's a liberal.

Because liberals are hypocrites.
So are conservatives/republicans,rino's or whatever you all call each other.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:44 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,092,863 times
Mitt's net worth is significantly higher than Hillary's.

It's pretty much comparing the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Kansas City Royals.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 AM

39,064 posts, read 51,175,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post

Her father was a small business owner. OMG! What do you want her to be? A welfare baby? She went to public high schools and was a national merit finalist earning scholarships through her academic record. She was your average person though smarter and a harder worker than most in school. Good for her. Romney is nothing but a spoiled little rich kid born to privilege and excess.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:49 AM
J24

448 posts, read 863,005 times
Quote:
Her father was a small business owner. OMG! What do you want her to be? A welfare baby? She went to public high schools and was a national merit finalist earning scholarships through her academic record. She was your average person though smarter and a harder worker than most in school. Good for her. Romney is nothing but a spoiled little rich kid born to privilege and excess.
You stated (before you edited your post) that she grew up poor. I simply was debunking that, because her family was not poor.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:50 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,092,863 times
Why does the right resent the success of people who disagree with them but bend over to give them tax breaks?

Old 04-16-2015, 09:52 AM

45,186 posts, read 26,400,393 times
Do the details really matter when America is due for its first female presidente?
I say it matters just as much as Obamas lack of meaningful accomplishment did because people felt america was due for a black one.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:52 AM

39,064 posts, read 51,175,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Hard work and ability had nothing to do with it?

Would it have been less hurtful to just allow the companies they tried to turn around to fail?

Admittedly I don't really know enough about all the companies he worked with to say he never did any thing most would consider wrong.
Very little. It's called starting on third base. Whatever one thinks of Obama and the Clintons, you have to grant that they came from relatively humble roots. To do otherwise, is just nutter mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections