Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:50 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Who wouldn't attend a gay wedding if invited and it's someone you care for or love???
Plenty of fundamentalist Christian parents disown their children for being gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 10:56 AM

260 posts, read 218,282 times
America has moved past same sex marriage. In my county,one which voted for Mitt Romney and 3 times for Scott Walker,the marriages have been going on for almost a year and no one has suffered.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Every time he speaks I'm a little more impressed.

I wish I knew how to embed the video.
Are you impressed when he talks about immigration?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
What is funny is many of the OP is bashing Rubio for at least being open minded on the Gay Marriage. However He does not have to put the rubber stamp of approval on it too. Sins are between the Sinner and God.
We will have see how that works out for Fallen Life Styles!
Conservatives should be looking for someone who is not afraid to push back at the situation we are seeing with businesses being forced act against their religious beliefs.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
I'm not saying this is what is going on, but sometimes a political party - not the various factions of that party, or even individual(s), or elected officials - have to pick the battles to fight. Over the course of the last ~ four years, conservatives have won five or six battles on the mandated contraception coverage portion of the ACA. Thus far, not one battle has been won on the ssm front.

Personally, I'll be somewhat content to continue winning against the tentacles of the Ocare Octopus and not put to much effort in the ssm issue. Both have serious financial implications for taxpayers, but one is more immediately dangerous. The other is corrosive over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Conservatives should be looking for someone who is not afraid to push back at the situation we are seeing with businesses being forced act against their religious beliefs.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 PM

99,552 posts, read 4,490,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Who wouldn't attend a gay wedding if invited and it's someone you care for or love???

Oh that's right, Democrats want people to believe all kind of things we didn't know we believed.
Rick Santorum: I Wouldn’t Attend a Loved One’s Gay Wedding | Mediaite

Old 04-17-2015, 01:23 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
"Sure I will go to your wedding, eat your food, drink, dance, but at the end of the day you cant have the same rights as heterosexual couples"....Marco Rubio

Old 04-17-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I'm not saying this is what is going on, but sometimes a political party - not the various factions of that party, or even individual(s), or elected officials - have to pick the battles to fight. Over the course of the last ~ four years, conservatives have won five or six battles on the mandated contraception coverage portion of the ACA. Thus far, not one battle has been won on the ssm front.

Personally, I'll be somewhat content to continue winning against the tentacles of the Ocare Octopus and not put to much effort in the ssm issue. Both have serious financial implications for taxpayers, but one is more immediately dangerous. The other is corrosive over time.
Picking battles like contraceptives shows they don't know how to prioritize. Very few people care about contraceptives, and it seems the only reason they picked that battle was so they can score a "win".

It's not about wins and losses. It's about improving the nation as whole.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-17-2015 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 02:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
"Sure I will go to your wedding, eat your food, drink, dance, but at the end of the day you cant have the same rights as heterosexual couples"....Marco Rubio

is about changing the definition of marriage by federal judges when they have NO authority to do so...its a state issue and the people of the states.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:03 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Plenty of fundamentalist Christian parents disown their children for being gay.
Fundy Christian parents disown their children for all sorts of things. Becoming Muslim, atheist, Jewish or Mormon. Not something that is specific to gays. Not by a long shot. But yeah, it's an example of non-attendance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections