U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You vote for Hillary ?
I will NOT vote for that woman ! 69 45.70%
I will vote agaist her no matter what ! 29 19.21%
Yes, I will vote for her if she is the best candidate! 29 19.21%
I will vote for her no matter what ! 4 2.65%
I don't vote. 6 3.97%
The abomination that GOP is running is even scarier then Hillary. 10 6.62%
Other, explain. 4 2.65%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:33 AM

7,234 posts, read 6,428,013 times

Advertisements

The banking oligarchy is becoming more obvious with their pushing of corporate shill candidates in the media. Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton? No thanks I'll take neither. Voting on the federal level is largely a waste of time.

With that said I can no longer vote republican at the federal level... they just shoot themselves in the foot every time they open their mouths.. they are completely out of touch with the modern world. They are good for gun rights and that's about it. Despite 40% of households having firearms, the liberal gun grabbing is a never ending problem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 04:55 AM

774 posts, read 649,428 times
I'd vote for her over the Tea Bag abomination

Old 04-17-2015, 05:05 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,163,090 times
Are you interested in who City-Data Politicis Forum readers will vote for or, the nation as a whole? RealClear Politics.com has the most reliable polling - they include results from all major polling groups and if you look at their site, with the one exception from FOX news showing a tie between Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, ALL other polls show Hillary several points ahead of all potential GOP candidates at this stage of the game. Certainly things could change in a year and 7 months but today she has a signficant lead.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:20 AM

9,844 posts, read 11,872,872 times
Hell to the No!

Old 04-17-2015, 06:26 AM

6,554 posts, read 3,268,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I purposely fraised my questions this way to tell me a complete story. I will not vote for Hillary so I might not vote at all. V I will vote against Hillary even if the devil runs against her. There is a huge difference in that.

Will you vote for the best candidate, will you vote against a candidate ? What if you don't like any candidate, will you vote at all? My poll covers this, that's why it seems redundant.

But 50% of the people in this poll, thus far do not see Hillary as a viable presidential candidate.

I will not support any dynasty myself, I don't support Hillary and will not support Bush 3.0. The crazy Canadian from Texas and Rand Paul who is not always taken seriously.

But the poll results DO spell out that Hillary is not a viable candidate and will lose the elections for the democrats. It seems that most people agree with this .

Rand Paul v Warren is allot better then Hillary v Ted Cruz.
I will always vote for the candidate I think it best, even if they're not an ideal pick. In some cases, like the last election, I went for a third party, but ultimately, that's a futile waste of a vote. Voting for the lesser of the two evils has a better impact than try to make a moral statement, unfortunately. But I will vote regardless.

I'm not big on Hillary Clinton to be honest. She seems to be riding the popular opinion train, but hasn't really said anything especially moving. Elizabeth Warren just did. Even Republicans who won't agree with what she's saying should still say she's a better candidate simply because she's not just appealing to the masses but making a point which is why I sincerely hope she get's the nomination over Warren. That's realistically unlikely to happen since the media is basically only talking about Hillary when it comes to Democrats. Hillary also has the younger audience and is a more recognizable name, seeing as she was the first lady not long ago and ran for President in 2008. But the young vote can hurt her as young people tend to not be as active early on in this process; most will only pay attention when the actual election is upon us, and if Hillary hasn't won everyone over before then, she might not be on the ballot.

But I wouldn't take this poll to mean too much. City Data is a fairly center-right place on average. The results will be skewed a bit. Though I will admit, despite Hillary being the forefront of Democratic nominees, I personally don't feel the same excitement for her as I did when Obama was running as the first black president. Maybe Hilary won't do as well as she thinks. Not saying I think this is a good reason, but she didn't age well and I do tend to think that hurts her. JFK won primarily due to his looks, and Obama was a pretty handsome and charming guy back in 2008. Hillary does not have that; really, none of the candidates have that. Marco Rubios pretty young but not enough people know about it and Rand Paul I guess is the next best thing. In terms of appearance, but he puts his foot in his mouth quite a bit, or at least the media puts his foot in his mouth for him.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:28 AM

9,844 posts, read 11,872,872 times
Default What Hillary says....

Hillary: "What's the Big Deal? I Lie a LOT!"

Old 04-17-2015, 06:55 AM

1,008 posts, read 1,114,321 times
No.

Maybe 10 years ago though.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:44 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,188,563 times
So far a pretty solid 60% say NO to Hitlery Rotten Clintoon.

Libs better fire up the busses and get your friends (illegal, legal, dead or alive) into this poll and save her arse.

CN.......

Old 04-17-2015, 07:50 AM

51,672 posts, read 41,621,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Hillary wants middle class tax cuts (and the republicans don't.)
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

And Hillary wants high worker wages and healthcare for all.

Republicans oppose everything Hillary stands for, and instead they want CEO tax cuts, corporate tax cuts, and corporate deregulation.

Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor
How Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Would Radically Increase Taxes on Everyone But the Rich | Tax Justice Blog

Do liberals like Hillary? Not really. But since republican tax cuts for the rich get added to our deficits and national debt we have no choice but to vote for her (Hillary is not going to lose liberal votes.)
The fundamental problem with your entire thesis is that it requires us to believe Hillary.

Heck, her track record of NAFTA support and dereg support under her husband fly in the face of many of your claims.

Then throw in the "gonna take those profits" claims with the oil companies....which would have been unconstitutional....was just populiast grandstanding.

In short, she has a long track-record of saying populist stuff and then turning around and being a corporatist. Have you not been paying attention.

Oh, and her husband pardoned billionaire tax dodger Marc Rich....after his wife donated millions to the DNC....and then just a few years ago avoided her own 8-figure tax tab by giving up her US citizenship.

Maybe you should do some more homework instead of just believing a politician?

Marc Rich dies in Switzerland 12 years after controversial pardon by Bill Clinton | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-17-2015, 08:08 AM

40,008 posts, read 24,268,964 times
How do any of us know how we'll vote in November of 2016? That's months away, we don't know what will happen between then and now, we don't know for sure who the major party candidates will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or