Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As if Hillarys policies are much different than Obamas. Romney? lol Christie? LMAO More proof you back the same failed big government policies. Like I said insanity.
You actually think you have a choice, aww the mind of the sheeple is a fascinating thing to see.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You actually think you have a choice, aww the mind of the sheeple is a fascinating thing to see.
LMAO Referring to me as sheeple. You're not even trying.
I'm not the one who keeps voting in the same big government failures like you do. Bush and Obama? lol
And yes you do have a choice. That's on you.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
LOL, your reply is exactly what I expected, more of the same right-wing rhetoric and totally ignoring the facts. Please feel free to select Cruz and your candidate, the DNC will absolutely Love it ad you can get used to the idea of saying Madame President Hillary Clinton. I will hope the GOP has more sense and fields a quality candidate.
Ignoring what facts?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
There ya go again, showing your ignorance when it comes to my politics. ONE MORE TIME: I am not nor have I ever been a Democrat or a Republican and I vote for candidates from both Parties on a regular basis.
Then why do you sound like the typical left-wing nut job?

Quote:
Hence Hillary Clinton is Not my candidate since and until the real candidates from the GOP declare it is a waste of time even comparing the couple of "never gonna win" guys to Clinton is a total waste of time.
Well, gee, you sure waste a lot of time defending Hillary if she "is not" your candidate.

Quote:
1) I never said that they do, just as I do not believe the Republicans DESERVE after their obstructionism and lack of results.
Obstructionism? What do you call Harry Reid's refusal to bring over 300 bills to the Senate floor, which were passed by the House, in the last Congress?

What do you call his refusal to compromise with the Republicans on anything, which ultimately led to the so-called "shut-down" for which you left-wingers blame Ted Cruz?

Finally, the Congress is not supposed to be simply a "rubber stamp" for the Presidents agenda. Where did you study government? Ever take a Civics class in high school? Do you have any clue why our government is structured the way it is, with separation of powers?

Quote:
2) She is every bit as qualified, if not more, than any of the so-far declared candidates, so that is not the determining factor.
Qualified because ... why? Because she was once the First Lady? Because she was once a Senator? Because she was once the Secretary of State? What are her qualification? Be specific.

Quote:
I have no idea what her points will be the actual election is over a year and half away, many topics will come to the forefront. I will be interested in hearing what ideas the Con candidates present and how they plan on getting them implemented, simply attacking Clinton and saying they are not Hillary is not a good reason to vote them into office for thinking voters, sheep love it but they are easily swayed. So lets hear the actual platforms and details before making choices, or will you simply vote Republican no matter who it is?
So, a good reason to vote for Hillary is because she is not one of them? That's what you've been saying.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Then why do you sound like the typical left-wing nut job?

Well, gee, you sure waste a lot of time defending Hillary if she "is not" your candidate.

Obstructionism? What do you call Harry Reid's refusal to bring over 300 bills to the Senate floor, which were passed by the House, in the last Congress?

What do you call his refusal to compromise with the Republicans on anything, which ultimately led to the so-called "shut-down" for which you left-wingers blame Ted Cruz?

Finally, the Congress is not supposed to be simply a "rubber stamp" for the Presidents agenda. Where did you study government? Ever take a Civics class in high school? Do you have any clue why our government is structured the way it is, with separation of powers?

Qualified because ... why? Because she was once the First Lady? Because she was once a Senator? Because she was once the Secretary of State? What are her qualification? Be specific.

So, a good reason to vote for Hillary is because she is not one of them? That's what you've been saying.
Because anyone left of the far right is a far left nut job to you.
Please feel free where I have ever defended her, I will wait.
Reid is not the topic, why is Cons cannot stay on topic. Pssst I was against Reid's tactics, nice try, but assuming only makes you look ignorant.
I did not see the Repubs compromising on anything, did see them refuse to back off tax breaks time and time again, but again you are OFF TOPIC.
I never said they have to rubber stamp anything, you are seeing things, again. I understand how our government is supposed to work far better than you and many Cons, the proof is I understand that for our form of government to actually work compromise by both sides is required and as we see Cons are not even good a compromising with each other otherwise the Republican Controlled Congress would have gotten some actual work done by now.
She is qualified because of all of the things I mentioned, whether or not I vote for her will be up to the GOP, pick someone better and I will be happy to support them, unlike you that will simply walk into the voting booth and once again vote straight Repub ticket even if you do not know who all of them even are.
Depends on the "them" when it comes to Cruz that will be enough for the voters to vote for her, if it is a more moderate candidate that tactic will not work.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:41 PM

752 posts, read 566,625 times
Quote:
"But government uses the peoples money to do it."
Well, legally speaking, it's the state's money. And in the absence of a state, your money isn't worth anything.

Quote:
"Govenment picks their buddies while we pick what meets our needs."
We pick our government, so its failings reflect on us.

Quote:
"We spend it more efficiently than government and someone has to service our needs. Meaning jobs."
Let me ask you, were we spending money more efficiently when we bought Beanie Babies/Crocs/Uggs/survival food/nutritional supplements/subprime mortgages, or was the government spending money more efficiently when it created ARPANET, the precursor to the internet?

Old 04-25-2015, 05:37 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
If conservatives don't drop the ball, then they'll effectively take advantage of their greatest opportunity to save this country from the malaise caused by Barry. The crop of candidates is the strongest in years, but we also cannot afford a moderate to win. And we certainly cannot afford another Democrat to win. People will vote for a contrast to this administration, that there is a sincere, genuine resolve to put America back on track, and nothing less. That's the only thing that will work to win the next presidential election.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:05 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Dems have been celebrating their advantage with the growing demographics in the USA at the same time we have more elected Republicans than at any moment since 1928 and Repubs control the House, Senate and most state legislatures and governorships. What will Dems do if a Repub is elected President and they have no voice in government?

Old 04-25-2015, 07:27 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Dems have been celebrating their advantage with the growing demographics in the USA at the same time we have more elected Republicans than at any moment since 1928 and Repubs control the House, Senate and most state legislatures and governorships. What will Dems do if a Repub is elected President and they have no voice in government?
If that happens, the Dems would sit back, wait for the Repugs to overplay their hand, and then regain power.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
LMAO Referring to me as sheeple. You're not even trying.
I'm not the one who keeps voting in the same big government failures like you do. Bush and Obama? lol
And yes you do have a choice. That's on you.
I vote with the options given me, writing in another name never has nor will it ever make a difference, and only does harm to those you would prefer over the other.
Pssst, they are ALL pro big business and pro big government, if you do not realize that fact then yes you are a sheeple.
The ONLY way that will change will have to be at the grassroots level an with the support of most Americans until that happens nothing much will really change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections