U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:31 PM

6,791 posts, read 7,093,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why are women picked on about their looks as they age. We all get old...some look better than others....including men. I bet you are a man
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Natalie,

I don't think this is a 'picked' on about women

this is though an issue about any candidate

let's look at things objectively:
1. she has already over the last 7 years mentioned some health issues to include memory loss (some even theorize that she may have had a minor stroke)
her fainting and concussion.... Hillary Clinton faints, has concussion - CNN.com

Hillary

her possible mild stroke... Did Hillary Clinton suffer a stroke? If so, what about 2016? (Photos) - Washington DC Government careers | Examiner.com

the blood clot in her brain..(one of the reasons why some think minor stroke).... Hillary Clinton Blood Clot Was Life-Threatening, Say Medical Experts - ABC News

2. at 69 she will be in the same age bracket that people called Reagan, Ron Paul, McCain, bob dole and a few others '''too old""....Reagan took office at 69...ron paul was 73 for the 08' election and 77 for the 12' election....McCain was 72 in 08'....dole was 73 in 96' running against bill clinton

3. on top of that her choice of VP will be a VERY BIG thing, IF there is truly a medical issue or she is ''too old''....since VP to POTUS is an ascension thing, her choice of VP with questionable health/age can be a major concern of anyone thinking of voting for her (think about the 08 republican side....McCain was said to be too old and in too bad of health...and people were very afraid he would die in office and Palin would be elevated to POTUS)

4. not to mention she now has a very long list of baggage and skeletons in her closet.......she very well might not be the ideal choice of the democrat party
Health, and age are fair game, but I've never heard a male candidate joked about for having supposedly fat ankles, or a "turkey waddle," two comments I read on this thread, among hundreds of other digs about her physical attractiveness, (or lack of) here, and other places. That type of thing is reserved for women, and it should have no place in the process of choosing an elected representative.

Last edited by detshen; 04-21-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 03:32 PM

7,542 posts, read 8,397,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Health, and age are fair game, but I've never heard a male candidate joked about for having supposedly fat ankles, or a "turkey waddle," two comments I read on this thread, among hundreds of other digs about her physical attractiveness, (or lack of) here, and other places. That type of thing is reserved for women, and it should have no place in the process of choosing an elected representative.

President Reagan was attacked for the color of his hair, the wrinkles on his neck, as well as demands that he take "senility" tests because of his age (he was the same age in 1980 as Mrs. Clinton is today).

Will there be demands that she be tested for senility so the public can be assured she isn't turning "funny" in her old age?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:50 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,493,267 times
Quote:

Fat ankles and a turkey waddle are not a "dig about her physical attractiveness". They are a likely indicator of underlying health issues, the least of which being her likely high % of body fat.

Despite the fact that I don't believe any president does any meaningful "work", their term in office is nonetheless brutal on their health. The reality is Hillary is aging poorly, and 4 years of pressure certainly aren't going to do her any favor. Politics are no place for the elderly, because we don't know when they lose their grasp on reality (see Pelosi, Nancy).

Old 04-21-2015, 04:35 PM

12,300 posts, read 7,934,179 times
Quote:
Do you miss every time Christi is talked about in the media?

I'm just wondering because their is a heavy amount of fat shaming going on with him, and yes the pun was intended.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:04 PM

6,345 posts, read 4,141,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Has she released her health records?
You didn't get her emails?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:13 PM

3,649 posts, read 2,319,883 times
As long as she continues to take her Andro 400 she will be fine.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 PM

12,300 posts, read 7,934,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
As long as she continues to take her Andro 400 she will be fine.
And keeps her life alert with her at all times.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:59 PM

23,235 posts, read 11,481,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Stop whining male candidates have been asked about their health/age also.

I bet you get defensive over anything.

Were you this concerned when it was John McCain???
McCain's Age and Past Health Problems Could Be An Issue in the Presidential Race - US News

How many threads here were actually started on the subject of health.

the age argument seems to be centered around nothing more than tradition.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:59 AM

3,878 posts, read 3,285,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
She's not even 70 and doesn't have a history in the public eye of having any health concerns. Yes she's getting up there, but still plenty young enough we shouldn't have to worry about her heart failing in office.
If that's the case then she should release her medical history like other candidates have.

When question arise about taxes and finance, past candidates have released their tax returns to answer those questions.

If she has nothing to hide releasing any pertinent info would resolve any outstanding issues in regards to this, wouldn't it?

And BTW literally millions of people have had health issues before 70 so I don't see how your statement clarifies anything.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:01 AM

3,878 posts, read 3,285,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Really? Seriously? lol
Yes , REALLY!!!

Kinda like old Bill and his answer to the Monica Lewinsky sex question, are you going to tell me his answer wasn't to deceive the public about what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or