U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2015, 04:27 PM
 
36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Reputation: 9748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
When have I ever supported amnesty? Just because I relentlessly criticize Republicans for their short comings doesn't mean I tow the liberal line. There are things I can't stand about Republicans and Democrats. But these days, if you don't fall in line 100% with a party's platform you'll get called all sorts of names.
I never stated that you said it. I just surmised from your posts that you probably support amnesty. That's why I said "I think" not that you absolutely do. I didn't call you any names and the liberal left are the worst when it comes to name calling if you don't believe in their views on social issues or illegal immigration.

 
Old 06-13-2015, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I won't for any candidate that supports amnesty in any way. This single issue is that important. No one is talking about rounding them up. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self-deport with no means to support themselves. Any candidate that promises to make that happen will get my vote.
I understand how you feel and I don't want to see them here either, but I am a realist. yes, make it so many will not have a reason to stay: no SS, no government assistance at all, no jobs without a legal green card, a penalty for being here in the form or big bucks and if anyone has committed a crime they go back asap!! But I happen to believe it is very hard to split up families and the problem is: for those who came here illegally and have since had children that are citizens what do you do then? Apparently Mexico will not allow the kids in cause they are not Mexican citizens. Of course not all illegals are Mexicans, but we know most are.
 
Old 06-13-2015, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Marco Rubio's support of the 'Scarlet Letter' law is enough to turn me off. That's the law that forces a woman to publish in the newspaper her sexual history if she puts a baby up for adoption. Marco Rubio And Five Members Of Congress Voted For Florida's 'Scarlet Letter' Adoption Bill
I really doubt you would vote for any Republican from your postings. So, it wouldn't make much difference what or how he voted. He isn't counting on votes from people who are too the left or the middle. anymore than Bernie Sanders is counting on any support from the right of middle.
 
Old 06-13-2015, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,593 posts, read 33,579,817 times
Reputation: 51685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It strikes me as odd that Rubio gets a pass from so many republicans for his stance, heck his active involvement, in bringing about an amnesty bill. I would think that would torpedo any hope he has in the primaries as immigration is a priority with R's. Do Republicans really believe that his has someone changed his position? Can they be that naive?
People's memories these days are as big as a nit on a gnat's n*t. Instead of believing what he's saying now to get elected, they should look at his record.
 
Old 06-13-2015, 02:58 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I really doubt you would vote for any Republican from your postings. So, it wouldn't make much difference what or how he voted. He isn't counting on votes from people who are too the left or the middle. anymore than Bernie Sanders is counting on any support from the right of middle.
I have voted for Republicans on occasions and I certainly know a lot of Republicans in my off line life that I can try to educate with facts about certain candidates that might sway them to re-think their support. In addition, we all have a stake in getting good candidates to run for president no matter what side of the aisle we mostly support.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-13-2015 at 03:22 PM..
 
Old 06-13-2015, 03:07 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,869,529 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
Oops!
Marco's personal finances might not be a good model for the Federal budget.

Lots of student debt, $80,000 boat, several zero down mortgages, mixing personal and political money, plus unpaid fees.

--"Struggles With Finances Track Marco Rubio's Career," by NYT's Steve Eder and Michael Barbaro in West Miami: "A review of the Rubio family's finances ... reveals a series of decisions over the past 15 years that experts called imprudent: significant debts; a penchant to spend heavily on luxury items like the boat and the lease of a $50,000 2015 Audi Q7; a strikingly low savings rate, even when Mr. Rubio was earning large sums; and inattentive accounting that led to years of unpaid local government fees." http://nyti.ms/1Go4CpD
Rubio is struggling like most of American and people can actually relate their everyday lives like Sen. Rubio. Besides one is not suppose to make million off the Gov. and Sen. Rubio does have a budget like the rest of us hard working Americans.

What terrifies the DNC is Rubio can even be considered Middle America and the DNC is working real hard to tear down the man. He Young and has fresh ideals an he is Cuban descent.

Since you open that can worms let's take a hard look at "Lets Make a Deal Sen. Reid. Sen. Reid started his career almost broke and has made many insider land deals.
 
Old 06-13-2015, 05:31 PM
 
36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Reputation: 9748
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I understand how you feel and I don't want to see them here either, but I am a realist. yes, make it so many will not have a reason to stay: no SS, no government assistance at all, no jobs without a legal green card, a penalty for being here in the form or big bucks and if anyone has committed a crime they go back asap!! But I happen to believe it is very hard to split up families and the problem is: for those who came here illegally and have since had children that are citizens what do you do then? Apparently Mexico will not allow the kids in cause they are not Mexican citizens. Of course not all illegals are Mexicans, but we know most are.
How do you figure it would split up families? They can take their minor U.S. born kids back to their homeland with them. Any decent parents would. If they so choose when they reach adulthood those kids can return here. You're wrong about Mexico not accepting these kids. Mexico offers dual citizenship. No way should the parents be able to remain here just because they gave birth on our soil.
 
Old 06-14-2015, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How do you figure it would split up families? They can take their minor U.S. born kids back to their homeland with them. Any decent parents would. If they so choose when they reach adulthood those kids can return here. You're wrong about Mexico not accepting these kids. Mexico offers dual citizenship. No way should the parents be able to remain here just because they gave birth on our soil.
Not according to a couple of examples: one was the young lady and I use the term lady lossly in Colorado I beleive a few years ago. She could not take our young son to Mexico to live. The country said: nope, he is born in America and can not come here to live. We have had several similar stories right here in AR. We have a high Mexican population is a few sections of our state because the work in the poultry plants. There have been cases where mom is an America and dad not of visa versa; the party that is Mexican is here illegally and the family isn't allowed to go to Mexico to live. This means the illegal one remains here, illegally or the family has to be split. This is the hard part of the immegaration situation as far as I am concerned. i am just commenting based on what I have read, more times than not. Maybe they do allow duel citizenship but maybe there is a quota or maybe, like in some countries, the dual is issued to people who were born in Mexico and want to live in America, who have waited the required length of time and are here legally.
 
Old 06-14-2015, 06:33 PM
 
36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Reputation: 9748
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Not according to a couple of examples: one was the young lady and I use the term lady lossly in Colorado I beleive a few years ago. She could not take our young son to Mexico to live. The country said: nope, he is born in America and can not come here to live. We have had several similar stories right here in AR. We have a high Mexican population is a few sections of our state because the work in the poultry plants. There have been cases where mom is an America and dad not of visa versa; the party that is Mexican is here illegally and the family isn't allowed to go to Mexico to live. This means the illegal one remains here, illegally or the family has to be split. This is the hard part of the immegaration situation as far as I am concerned. i am just commenting based on what I have read, more times than not. Maybe they do allow duel citizenship but maybe there is a quota or maybe, like in some countries, the dual is issued to people who were born in Mexico and want to live in America, who have waited the required length of time and are here legally.
Unless you can link to some Mexican law that states what you have said is true in most cases either you aren't being honest or there was some other reason for it. At any rate, it is not our problem. The illegal parent needs to be deported to their homeland and the U.S. born kid can remain here. Illegals who come here and give birth on our soil should think of the consequences ahead of time instead of crying about the separation of families and expecting us to give them a pass on our immigration laws.
 
Old 06-15-2015, 12:57 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,778 posts, read 2,691,577 times
Reputation: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
I believe that Marco Rubio will get the republican nomination and will win the 2016 elections

He has a working class background, he is a 2nd generation American, he is relatively young, he's a Hispanic and a catholic who seems to sand up for the working class of America

he is the perfect candidate and could easily beat any democrat in the presidential elections

what are your views and opinions on Marco Rubio ?
Marco Rubio is a "ambulance" Lawyer from Miami so I don't know how you think he has a "working class" background!

We in Miami know exactly who "Marco Rubio" is! He isn't as dirty as "Jeb".....

Now go figure how many Pukes you can run while Hillary laughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top