U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:55 AM

1,706 posts, read 831,543 times

Advertisements

The Presidency is there for the Republicans to take. I dont understand, why they are not following the advice which followed from the last election. They commissioned the study, and are not following the feedback given to them. I watch, and read a ton of political news/shows/articles. The republicans need to stop railing against Hillary and start talking about what they are going to do for the country. Hillary is not well liked by a lot of indies, also a lot of dems dont like her. They would be easy pickings for a sensible republican, if they would just get over Hillary. Why waste your energy on her at this point? I am not saying none of them have talked about what they will do, however, they spend far too much energy and time on Hillary. Its like they are obsessing over her as they do Obama. I know the Clintons are very much disliked and elicit a lot of ill feelings but good grief, just get over them. Hillary is doing a damn fine job of shooting herself in the foot.
Some of us indies would like to hear what the Republicans will do.

Last edited by treasurefinder; 04-20-2015 at 09:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:07 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Individual Republicans are talking about that, its just getting quieted out through all of the noise because there are so many potential candidates at the moment.

I'll get more focused as the campaigns progress and people drop out, its the process every single election.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,054,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The Presidency is there for the Republicans to take. I dont understand, why they are not following the advice which followed from the last election. They commissioned the study, and are not following the feedback given to them. I watch, and read a ton of political news/shows/articles. The republicans need to stop railing against Hillary and start talking about what they are going to do for the country. Hillary is not well liked by a lot of indies, also a lot of dems dont like her. They would be easy pickings for a sensible republican, if they would just get over Hillary. Why waste your energy on her at this point? I am not saying none of them have talked about what they will do, however, they spend far too much energy and time on Hillary. Its like they are obsessing over her as they do Obama. I know the Clintons are very much disliked and elicit a lot of ill feelings but good grief, just get over them. Hillary is doing a damn fine job of shooting herself in the foot.
Well said.
Thing is when anyone tries telling the Repubs this they get all bent out of shape and refuse to listen to any advice. Hopefully the GOP has learned more than some of the posters here and some of us will actually have a choice when it comes to the election, sick and tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 AM

12,267 posts, read 9,447,164 times
Quote:
I watch, and read a ton of political news/shows/articles. The republicans need to stop railing against Hillary and start talking about what they are going to do for the country.
I just don't buy that. Republicans are always being told don't say what you really think, you have to be nice, you don't want to alienate the independents. But it's perfectly okay for the Democrats led by Reid and Pelosi and Wasserman Schultz to lie and slander the GOP and say the most vicious possible things.

When you bleeding heart independents start making yourselves heard about those thugs, then I'll pay attention.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:21 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,054,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I just don't buy that. Republicans are always being told don't say what you really think, you have to be nice, you don't want to alienate the independents. But it's perfectly okay for the Democrats led by Reid and Pelosi and Wasserman Schultz to lie and slander the GOP and say the most vicious possible things.

When you bleeding heart independents start making yourselves heard about those thugs, then I'll pay attention.
Thanks for prove the perfect example of what I pointed out. Repeat the same old same and expect different results, maybe one of these days you will learn, or maybe you won't.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:25 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,547,612 times
The presidency is NOT there for Republicans to take. I don't know where in the world you get this idea. It is absolutely absurd. Republicans don't have a chance in hell because they didn't improve their ideology to join us in modern times after the Bush disaster.

The Clintons are not hated. Absolutely ludicrous. They are FEARED by the Right. Bill Clinton is so "hated" that one speech by him at the DNC can absolutely obliterate the Republican candidate. He proved that against Romney in the last election. He remains a beloved and immensely popular ex-President, one who had two terms more successful and beneficial for this country than that of any Conservative in recent memory, if not, ever. Hillary is so "hated" that Republicans were already campaigning against her just when it was RUMORED that she might run. She's so "hated" that she has the support of every group but racist whites.

You're right about one thing though: Republicans have done nothing, NOTHING, to prove they are a better choice. They know this, which is why they do nothing but attack the other side with baseless nonsense. All they've been doing since Bush left office is pick their noses while doing The Hucklebuck in pure obstruction/negative narrative bliss.

The Hucklebuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsT8ML0dc10

Old 04-20-2015, 09:28 AM

18,275 posts, read 8,228,834 times
Quote:
I agree with this. At this point, I intend to vote for Clinton - I think she is pretty mainstream, and not nearly the crusading progressive I could wish she was.

Unfortunately, too many Rs are demanding ideological purity. Most Ds my age got over that after the Chicago convention riots. That was a terrible moment which brought home to me how counterproductive and downright dangerous it is to civil society to insist on ideological purity. Democracy is all about coalitions of people who don't necessarily agree with each other on every point. This is true regardless of whether we have two political parties which are coalitions themselves, or numerous smaller parties which must form coalitions to run a government as parliamentary democracies do.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:30 AM

1,706 posts, read 831,543 times
Quote:
I just don't buy that. Republicans are always being told don't say what you really think, you have to be nice
I never said be nice, Im not sure what you read. I wish they would tell us what they really think, as long as all of it is not about Hillary! I couldnt care less if they dont say it nicely.

Quote:
you don't want to alienate the independents. But it's perfectly okay for the Democrats led by Reid and Pelosi and Wasserman Schultz to lie and slander the GOP and say the most vicious possible things.
All politicians lie and slander, its not exclusive to Dems.

Quote:
Personally, I am not fan of Pelosi, and she shouldve been replaced this last session. But again, you cant win the election without us. Its not about what pelosi and others are doing, its about what the Republican candidates are saying. And for the last two cycles, it has been a big nothing sandwich.

For example, they cant seem to agree and pass much, yet they came together last week and passed a tax cut for the uber uber wealthy. What sense did that make? They uber uber wealthy are doing just fine, it was unnecessary. Crap like that is what loses folks in the middle.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:31 AM

546 posts, read 325,481 times
Maybe there's a problem with the media as well.

Is any station (Fox or MSNBC) going to cover policy wonk discussions as much as negative soundbites?

I'd suggest everyone try to get a more thorough picture of the candidates by reading the entire transcripts of their speeches available online, and reviewing their websites for policy positions.

The information is usually out there, people just need to find it for themselves.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:31 AM

10,802 posts, read 4,030,887 times
So you want Hillary to be left alone so that she can be kept calm?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or