U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 10:07 AM

34,598 posts, read 33,579,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That is the thing. Walker doesn't say what he will do nor does Walker do what he says he will.

During his campaign all he promised was 250,000 jobs to WI. He did not fulfill that promise. Walk-O-Meter: Create 250,000 new jobs | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Walker never said he would bust unions, either public or private, when he campaigned and yet that is what he has done. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he campaigned on his budget repair plan, including curtailing collective bargaining | PolitiFact Wisconsin He pits the struggling middle class against each other Wisconsin's middle-class among fastest shrinking, and state's job-growth rate sinks to bottom fifth | Wisconsin | Wisconsin Gazette - Smart, independent and revealing. News, opinion and entertainment coverage while he caters to the wealthy.

What Scott Walker does next

Believe me, what Walker says means nothing. He will say anything to anyone to get elected.
You guys are afraid of Scott Walker because Hillary is so rich she's not believable that she knows the little guy's problems. At least, that's what you told us when Romney was running. All we have to do is pull out those videotapes of the Dems deriding Romney's wealth and how he must be so out of touch. And the other old white lady you have waiting in the wings is rich, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 10:13 AM

8,059 posts, read 4,396,382 times
You forgot to read the real Wisconsinites comments about a speculative, partisan article you linked from six months ago, (November 24, 2014). Seems folks see the 'opinion' piece for the shallowness that characterizes Walkerphobia. Good going.

Quote:
Smarty Pants - Nov 28, 2014 8:24 AM - Report Abuse
The structural deficit is similar to that of a few years ago. Back then Wisconsin was BROKE!(remember the idiotic rhetoric propagated by every loudmouth right-wing nut-job?).
ReplyPermalink

FactChecker - Nov 26, 2014 9:14 AM - Report Abuse
As a fellow veteran, I respect Mr. Newton's military service. The JS gave him a platform and I am disappointed that he failed to use it around Veteran's Day to bring awareness to key veteran's issues and concerns.

I guess political partisanship is more important to him.
ReplyPermalink

FactChecker - Nov 26, 2014 9:10 AM - Report Abuse
Mr. Newton is a paid political partisan. He is not a "community voice".
ReplyPermalink

DaveA2 - Nov 25, 2014 12:38 PM - Report Abuse
Uh, the '2.2BN' number is a pie-in-the-sky 'wish-list' from all state agencies.

Most of it is new spending.

We can thus solve this faux 'deficit' by saying 'Sorry, no spending increase for any of you'...
ReplyPermalink

stinkypinky - Nov 25, 2014 4:21 AM - Report Abuse
From the Purple Wisconsin charter:

"The Journal Sentinel hosts these blogs as a way to encourage thoughtful debate about the important issues facing Wisconsin and the Milwaukee region."

Saul's not debating, he's polemicing. There are nothing but foregone conclusions in Saul's wormy little world; debate is neither necessary nor important.

Saul must be quite the treasure for Scot Ross.
ReplyPermalink

BigJim - Nov 25, 2014 12:01 AM - Report Abuse
Most egregious, reports indicate Walker is polling public opinion to craft his response to Wisconsinís budget crisis."
----------------------

If you think that's "egregious" -- or even noteworthy, for that matter -- you don't know doodlysquat about politics. (My apologies to Granny Hawkins.)
ReplyPermalink

right is best - Nov 24, 2014 8:35 PM - Report Abuse
Gen. Patton weeps.
ReplyPermalink

TeaPartyWarrior - Nov 24, 2014 5:50 PM - Report Abuse
The recall clowns made Gov. Walker a national figure.
Hide repliesReplyPermalink

BigJim - Nov 24, 2014 11:57 PM - Report Abuse
True enough.

Probably the biggest backfire in Wisconsin political history.
ReplyPermalink

Varsity83 - Nov 24, 2014 10:00 AM - Report Abuse
Whether or not Walker runs, the Wisconsin budget is not currently in crisis. The proposed budget deficit will not come to pass, as they never do because of the statutory requirements in Wisconsin. Additionally, there will absolutely need to be hard choices made - and whether Walker organizes the legislature to slash spending or raise revenues beyond the already expected increases, it's the legislature that will have the say on the budget. You should really get some perspective and work within the system - it's a better place for input than banging on the windows having a tantrum.
Hide repliesReplyPermalink

recall walker 2 - Jan 29 at 12:24 PM - Report Abuse
Yes wisconsin is in a crisis walkers deficit is nearly what it was in 2010. This one proves walkers plan isn't working, with all his cuts we are still facing a huge deficit. In 2010 the the whole country was in an economic slump. That projected deficit was to be expected. The shocking thing is the country is now in a recovery phase. And wisconsin is facing such huge deficit again. Wis is in serious trouble.
ReplyPermalink
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

What Scott Walker does next

Believe me, what Walker says means nothing. He will say anything to anyone to get elected.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:07 PM

11,314 posts, read 7,315,255 times
Scott Walker would be a decent candidate, but Hillary would stomp him. As a Democrat I'm more interested in seeing the Senate flip back Democratic in 2016 and having the GOP majority shrink in the House. Hillary will win, so I'm interested in the legislature balances after 2016.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:11 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,291,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Scott Walker would be a decent candidate, but Hillary would stomp him. As a Democrat I'm more interested in seeing the Senate flip back Democratic in 2016 and having the GOP majority shrink in the House. Hillary will win, so I'm interested in the legislature balances after 2016.
You might want to try and reign in your party's extremism and corruption. Unless that happens, the Democrat Party will be in the political wilderness for the foreseeable future.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:55 PM

10,803 posts, read 8,014,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
the Democrat Party will be in the political wilderness for the foreseeable future.
As a non-partisan voter, my reaction to this is "as if".

Old 04-26-2015, 05:08 PM

25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times
Funny thing I hear almost no one but a handful of Cons talking about Walker. Has he even declared? Think I will wait until he declares then goes before the American People and tells us how his ideas are best for America and how he will get those ideas implemented, until then I do not see him making much of a splash with the Voters.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:38 PM

1,309 posts, read 898,782 times
I'm glad conservatives are stupid enough to want to nominate Cruz or Walker but the fact that they're stupid means their little pea brains are successfully influenced by the TV ads the big money right wing donors will be putting in to get someone more electable like Rubio the nod.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:45 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,290,965 times
I do not think Walker would be the very best candidate for the GOP if it hopes to win the White House in '16.

Bush and Rubio are more electable in my opinion.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:03 PM

21,232 posts, read 14,256,943 times
Walker?
There's only room for one Teabag candidate. Cruz will eat Walker alive in the first debate, if Walker even gets that far. And that will be the end of that.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:13 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,234,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Yes, the rhetoric never matches the actions. "Don't want to take jobs from hard-working Americans", while continuing to support the good old boys clubs, racism against blacks and Hispanics, inequality, rich-only supporting policies. Walker is a repulsive candidate, a college cheat and dropout. He doesn't even deserve a seat at the table.

Quit deluding yourself, for God's sake.
Walker not only won once, but 3 times the elections as governor of Wisconsin. In case you didn't know... Wisconsin is supposed to be a democratic stronghold. How did he do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections