Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,832,149 times

Advertisements

Side by Side Comparison of the Candidates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 01:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,641,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Thanks for that, after looking at it, I still wonder why America doesnt really know about Ron Paul. Fear of the unknown? brainwashed? Media's lack of coverage and understanding? All of the above? Al I know is the policies we have now just dont work.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:34 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,247,876 times
I agree with many of Dr. Paul's views, but a "no" on a few of the issues were pluses for me.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM

If you find a candidate who agrees with everything you do there is a very good chance they are lying....

I am not necessarily on the same page on Iraq for example, but grasp that unless the USA wants to go further down the road of being THE world's policeman(with all the hatred that entails) we must change policies.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 PM

526 posts, read 1,478,366 times
Default Missing a Category

Hmmm.. seems you are missing a category ... "HATES JEWS and BLACKS".. You already know which candidate deserves the lone YES in that block.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM

Of course he does, the TV told you so.

Wasn't it Hillary who used that lovely phrase '****ing Jew Bastard' to describe her hubby's campagin manager???

Why yes, yes it was....

Quote:
MARSHALL
Things were to get very nasty very quickly. One of the most powerful voting blocks in New York is the
Jewish population, they can swing an election. So no candidate wants to be regarded in any way as anti-
Semitic. Enter Paul Fray from Arkansas. In the 60s Fray's best man was one Bill Clinton. By 1974 he was
Clinton's campaign manager. The picture was taken then on election night, moments before an ugly row
between Fray and Bill's new girlfriend - Hillary.

MARSHALL
What did she say?

PAUL FRAY
FORMER CAMPAIGN MANAGER FOR BILL CLINTON
Well.. you know.. you heard it, "the ****ing Jew bastard" and that's not typical for her I will be frank with
you, but....

MARSHALL
She called you that?

FRAY
Yes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...t_22_10_00.txt

Old 01-17-2008, 02:30 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,641,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Hmmm.. seems you are missing a category ... "HATES JEWS and BLACKS".. You already know which candidate deserves the lone YES in that block.
LOL!! Dont believe everything you hear from the media. He did not say those things and has said so many times. he made a mistake allowing them to use his name on those letters. Thats what he has admitted, but denied ever saying those statements.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,085,875 times
This grid is not true to start with for illegal immigration policy for both Romney and Thompson. Read a good Presidential grid on issue at NumbersUSA This site has made a long profession of getting true and unbiased record on all candidates real beliefs: Included are pages of exact past comments by candidates and dates and what they are saying now. The grid has 15 or so points on each aspect of illegal immigration for each candidate.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Click on the links below the 'yes' or 'no'...

Old 01-17-2008, 03:38 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,744,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
LOL!! Dont believe everything you hear from the media. He did not say those things and has said so many times. he made a mistake allowing them to use his name on those letters. Thats what he has admitted, but denied ever saying those statements.
Nea, this little debacle lost this guy for me. No matter how much I like a lot of what he says, this swayed me finally against him. It doesn't matter which side is telling the truth because:

a) if those ARE his words, obviously, he's a dangerous bigot
b) if he's telling the truth, why would I vote for a guy who can't keep his finger on his own newsletter from his hometown???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections