U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2015, 04:58 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,450 posts, read 33,763,754 times
Reputation: 14225

Advertisements

No... Gay people certainly cannot fathom, one of their own, thinking for themselves. They wish to speak for him.


Progressives, in both parties, always promote tolerance but fail to live up to their own standards the moment someone disagrees with them.
It is good to be a conservative in the dog eat dog world. At least you don't get to put on milkbone underwear, and get eaten by your own.

Gay hotel owners face boycott threats after hosting Ted Cruz dinner - CBS News


When a prominent hotel owner, who happens to be gay, hosted a dinner for Ted Cruz in order to learn more about him ― the left again unleashed a wave of hate.

 
Old 04-27-2015, 05:35 PM
 
Location: in the soup
3,874 posts, read 1,637,518 times
Reputation: 4475
You don't care for "the left" exercising their freedom of speech?

This gay idiot had every right to do business with a bigot like Cruz. And people have every right to say what they think about that. What's the problem here except that people aren't agreeing with you?
 
Old 04-27-2015, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,421 posts, read 14,362,707 times
Reputation: 15849
This is pretty funny.
Ted Cruz is suddenly courting gays in New York City.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us...=tw-share&_r=0

After the 2 businessmen who hosted Cruz got blasted by the gay community, Cruz then went off to Iowa where he was all anti-gay again.
In Iowa, GOP field stresses opposition to same-sex marriage - James Hohmann - POLITICO

So- which Ted Cruz are we supposed to believe? The one in New York who cuddled up to gay Jews because Teddy supports Israel too, and he wants their money, or the Ted in Iowa where he tried to show he was more anti-gay than Huckabee because he wants their money?

"The man they call Cruz" is just another Texas snake oil salesman, out to sell you whatever you are sucker enough to buy.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,450 posts, read 33,763,754 times
Reputation: 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
This is pretty funny.
Ted Cruz is suddenly courting gays in New York City.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us...=tw-share&_r=0

After the 2 businessmen who hosted Cruz got blasted by the gay community, Cruz then went off to Iowa where he was all anti-gay again.
In Iowa, GOP field stresses opposition to same-sex marriage - James Hohmann - POLITICO

So- which Ted Cruz are we supposed to believe? The one in New York who cuddled up to gay Jews because Teddy supports Israel too, and he wants their money, or the Ted in Iowa where he tried to show he was more anti-gay than Huckabee because he wants their money?

"The man they call Cruz" is just another Texas snake oil salesman, out to sell you whatever you are sucker enough to buy.



But not what the media is trying to spin it to.
Quote:
Ted Cruz is seen by many Iowa GOP insiders as having the upper hand right now with social conservatives. But the Texas senator has taken heat in the state this week for appearing at a fundraiser at the home of two openly gay men. At that private event, he was asked how he would react if he found out one of his daughters was gay, and he said he would love her unconditionally.
Read more: In Iowa, GOP field stresses opposition to same-sex marriage - James Hohmann - POLITICO
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:03 AM
 
8,085 posts, read 4,417,699 times
Reputation: 3072
Strikes me as brooking no diversity of opinion, association, thought or speech. Massive intolerance of tolerance and communication with the 'enemy'.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,478,021 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
You don't care for "the left" exercising their freedom of speech?
I dont think the OP said that.. In fact just the opposite..
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
This gay idiot had every right to do business with a bigot like Cruz. And people have every right to say what they think about that.
Ahh yes.. if one doesnt agree with you, they are idiots, bigots, and whatever...

you proved the OP's point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
What's the problem here except that people aren't agreeing with you?
Says the poster who just posted the above..
 
Old 04-28-2015, 07:18 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,478,021 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
This is pretty funny.
Ted Cruz is suddenly courting gays in New York City.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us...=tw-share&_r=0

After the 2 businessmen who hosted Cruz got blasted by the gay community, Cruz then went off to Iowa where he was all anti-gay again.
What exactly did Cruz say that was anti gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So- which Ted Cruz are we supposed to believe? The one in New York who cuddled up to gay Jews because Teddy supports Israel too, and he wants their money, or the Ted in Iowa where he tried to show he was more anti-gay than Huckabee because he wants their money?
So are you trying to say that taking money from someone, means you have to believe everything they believe..

Lets go with that argument.

Clinton took money from countries that believe women are second class citizens, believe in stoning, many believe pedophilia is just fine...

So using your argument, this means what again? Thats right, Clintons must believe women should be killed if they get raped, or fking, little boys is the best.. yeah, thats your argument..
 
Old 04-28-2015, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,290 posts, read 15,767,098 times
Reputation: 9858
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No... Gay people certainly cannot fathom, one of their own, thinking for themselves. They wish to speak for him.


Progressives, in both parties, always promote tolerance but fail to live up to their own standards the moment someone disagrees with them.
It is good to be a conservative in the dog eat dog world. At least you don't get to put on milkbone underwear, and get eaten by your own.

Gay hotel owners face boycott threats after hosting Ted Cruz dinner - CBS News


When a prominent hotel owner, who happens to be gay, hosted a dinner for Ted Cruz in order to learn more about him ― the left again unleashed a wave of hate.
That is because it wouldn't surprise anyone for Ted Cruz to ban gay marriage because his religious convictions are far too strong to allow that individual freedom grabbed by the 14th amendment. Either we get rid of the rights for married couples (joint filing, spouse benefits on estate taxes, hospital visitation, etc.) or we allows gays to get civil unions (or marry by law) and get the same freedoms. The gays protesting are rightfully thinking that this gay hotel owner is sleeping with the enemy because until Cruz doesn't sign a gay marriage ban (if he wins) I would think he would do such a thing.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Utah
546 posts, read 325,184 times
Reputation: 674
Some people have the maturity to understand that there's a whole big wide world outside of their bedroom and who they share it with.

A voter may not agree with Cruz on gay marriage, but may agree enough on issues they consider more important. Why is this such a difficult concept to understand?

Fiscal responsibility and Federal constitutional matters may be more important than LGBT issues, even to some in that community.

We all share this world and this country, and no candidate is going to agree with us on 100% of the issues, unless we're the one running. No candidate is my soulmate, I have to pick and choose based on what issues need fixing first. Why should the LGBT community be any different?
 
Old 04-28-2015, 09:15 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,450 posts, read 33,763,754 times
Reputation: 14225
Being gay in the USA, is the least of many gay Americans problems.

To a few, you would think it was the only problem of 4% of the American population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top