U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2015, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 14,229,073 times
Reputation: 7950

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Really?

W. Bush did cocaine for two decades and that's not baggage?

Ronald Reagan's biographer said he was traumatized by the death of his child and devastated by his divorce. Those are not baggage? In fact, Reagan had Alzheimer while in office. Baggage indeed.

Jeb Bush's daughter was a drug addict. Talk about baggage.

The thing is, everybody has to deal with S___ in their lives. Find me someone who doesn't have baggage by the time they are old enough to run for president and I'll find you an unaccomplished boring loser.
.
I give you eyewitness testimony via a well-respected, non-partisan journalist (who was actually recruited by the Clintons to do the book). Plus similar behavior is relayed from many other sources, including the Secret Service.

What are the sources for your charges? I don't doubt that Reagan was traumatized by his divorce and death of his infant daughter, but that is hardly in the same category as domestic violence over a period of years. The other charges sound bogus. Link? Quote? No Daily Kos or ThinkProgress, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2015, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,605 posts, read 33,598,618 times
Reputation: 51713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans don't want to talk about issues at all. It's all about how old Clinton is, whether she and her husband have an active sex life, their daughter's looks - anything but substance. Clinton gives a speech a couple days ago about the outrageous incarceration numbers in the US, calls for reform of the criminal justice system, but the only discussion she gets is drivel like the OP. Do Republicans seriously think they can win an election with this nonsense? Are there any ideas on the right? Just one?
What we need is a conspiracy theory to entertain us!

How about this? Hillary Clinton hired the outside troublemakers in Baltimore to distract the media from Clinton Cash and...she's really taller than she pretends to be and she will only stand in a hole to be photographed. She's going for the short people demographic.

I know this because my uncle's next door neighbor's daughter's boyfriend's mother said so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,235 posts, read 14,008,365 times
Reputation: 5916
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
While I won't be voting for Hillary Clinton, to me she is the least objectionable D out there, because she has grown to be non-ideological at this stage of her life.

But still there are things that give me pause about putting her in the White House. Bill and Hillary had a history of domestic violence. From Blood Sport: The President and his Adversaries by James B. Stewart, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist:

(Roger Perry was an Arkansas trooper assigned to the Arkansas gov. detail)


(from Blood Sport p 172).

Another trooper, Larry Patterson, would often drive Bill to the Quapaw Towers, an apartment complex where Gennifer Flowers lived. Bill would tell the trooper that he had a meeting with his former aide Maurice Smith, who also lived there. But the trooper said that Maurice Smith was a notorious cigar smoker, and Bill would return to the car reeking of perfume.

Hillary has been through a lot of emotional trauma because of Bill. Supposedly they have not had sex for over 20 years. Is it a good idea to have someone like that in the WH, and as commander in chief? She was the victim in this scenario, so she did little or nothing wrong. Still that is a lot of emotional baggage to be carrying into 1600 Penn. where she would have to make life/death calls, with no one above her on the organizational chart to overrule her.
So Gossip is a big factor for you, Noted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,235 posts, read 14,008,365 times
Reputation: 5916
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Based on what? Don't go all liberal on me and start hallucinating things.

Hillary was actually gorgeous in her younger days. However we all wind up with the face that we deserve. I think some French philosopher said that.

The thing was largely not her fault, but that is not the question here.
He is a very confused poster and he does not need any facts, any accusation is good so long as it attacks those he hates, life is simple of some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 03:42 AM
 
9,565 posts, read 5,906,407 times
Reputation: 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I give you eyewitness testimony via a well-respected, non-partisan journalist (who was actually recruited by the Clintons to do the book). Plus similar behavior is relayed from many other sources, including the Secret Service.
Did you actually read what you wrote? You gave a passage from an eye witness who observed the couple being mad and then there were some broken glasses. Where is the domestic violence that you attributed? I found no police report and nothing official that document it. If you want to operate with facts as you claim, you should present it. Not heresay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What are the sources for your charges? I don't doubt that Reagan was traumatized by his divorce and death of his infant daughter, but that is hardly in the same category as domestic violence over a period of years. The other charges sound bogus. Link? Quote? No Daily Kos or ThinkProgress, please.
What I said is common knowledge:

Former President George W. Bush allegedly got arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 (a big year for coke, apparently), but his record was expunged due to his family ties. (Photo credit should read JORGE SILVA/AFP/Getty Images) | The Daily Caller

Jeb Bush's Daughter Accused of Prescription Fraud - ABC News

CNN.com - Jeb Bush's daughter jailed for contempt - July 18, 2002

Reagan Son Claims Dad Had Alzheimer's as President - US News

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top