U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 PM

36,828 posts, read 16,368,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So Mexican and Honduran and whatever citizens demand that we let them move to our country, and we have to do it? Because these people apparently decide our elections for us? This doesn't sound absolutely absurd to you?
And what other country in the world doesn't have citizenship and immigration laws? Every other country is allowed to have such laws but we aren't?
What kinds of citizens think their families should be above our laws and treated special? You're right it is absolutely absurd and anti-American. Yet we should grant amnesty to more of those kind and make citizens out of them? WTH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 05:46 PM

3,884 posts, read 1,641,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't even reply to the hate filled poster that you are replying to. How funny that he stereotypes all white conservatives with nasty labels and accuses them of racism when he can't even see the racism in his own posts. What a hypocrite! Oh and didn't you know that opposing amnesty because it hurts our own citizens is being a racist? What an idiot!
I'm not racist against white people- hell my wife is white. But I'm willing to point out racism where I see it. Here are just a few examples of Republican racism:

One of their main candidates (Ron Paul) wants racial discrimination to be legal. That's NOT out of context. He's on video explaining it- he wants private businesses to be able to deny services to black people among others. That's WHY he's so popular in his racist Southern state.

The Fox Republican News Channel constantly stereotypes black people as criminals on welfare. And while blacks ARE overrepresented- fact is that even more whites are on welfare and in jail.

Republican judges have just overturned part of the Voting Rights Act designed to keep racist whites from suppressing minority votes. And that's mighty convenient seeings how Republican state legislatures all over the country are doing everything they can to keep minorities from voting.

So yeah, these days Republicans are the party of racism. It's why white Southerners almost universally support Republicans- same reason they supported Democrats 60 years ago when Democrats were the party of racism.

Sorry if that offends you.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Gee, a phrase right from the leader of your party: Let me be clear" how original is that?

There is a lot more to the facts of how many years this and that has happened. Many of those 24 years we were dealing with a sitting President. It is easy to quote stats or read charts, but it takes the ability to be able to think a fact though to really get an answer.Obviously you are choosing just to look at the stats, nothing more. As for the gerrymandering, it works both ways, just look at a couple of districts in Florida if you don't believe me.
Let Me Be Clear: The deck is stacked against Republicans in a presidential election. A significant and GROWING majority of Americans simply don't approve of the racism, hypocrisy, and upward wealth redistribution that Republicans stand for. As a result, the Republican candidate will have to win basically EVERY SINGLE SWING STATE to get to 270 electoral votes. Sure it's possible- but it's pretty unlikely.

And I never claimed that Democrats are above gerrymandering. They used to specialize in it- particularly in the South (which is now held by Republicans. See a pattern here?). But it's a simple FACT that Republicans could not hold the House of Representatives without gerrymandering.

Simply not LIKING the facts really isn't a good argument against them.

Quote:
BTW: that one of the front runners saying racial descrimination is ok in the private sector, was taken out of context and he is not really what most would call a front runner. He just happened to be the second candidate to announce.He doesn't represent everything we, as Republicans starnd for. I doubt your choice for President represents eveything you stand for, or I hope you aren't that blind sighted?
So was he taken out of context?

Or does he not really represent Republicans?

Which is it?

Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM

7,542 posts, read 8,422,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'm not racist against white people- hell my wife is white. But I'm willing to point out racism where I see it. Here are just a few examples of Republican racism:

One of their main candidates (Ron Paul) wants racial discrimination to be legal. That's NOT out of context. He's on video explaining it- he wants private businesses to be able to deny services to black people among others. That's WHY he's so popular in his racist Southern state.

Its Sen. Rand Paul to whom you're referring, and he is from Kentucky, a border state- not a southern one- which was loyal to the union.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:

So yeah, these days Republicans are the party of racism. It's why white Southerners almost universally support Republicans- same reason they supported Democrats 60 years ago when Democrats were the party of racism.

Sorry if that offends you.

Most influential white politicians from the south are, and continue to be, Democrats. Clinton, Gore, Edwards, Carter, just to name a few of the more prominent ones. The front runner for the Democrats served a couple of terms as the white First Lady of Arkansas.

"white southerners" don't "almost universally" support Republicans at all.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Its Sen. Rand Paul to whom you're referring, and he is from Kentucky, a border state- not a southern one- which was loyal to the union.
Kentucky was a slave state, and white people there consider themselves to be Southern. Rural Kentucky is no place to be black. Period.

And that's why Rand Paul's racist message plays so well there. That's what the Tea Party stands for.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Most influential white politicians from the south are, and continue to be, Democrats. Clinton, Gore, Edwards, Carter, just to name a few of the more prominent ones. The front runner for the Democrats served a couple of terms as the white First Lady of Arkansas.

"white southerners" don't "almost universally" support Republicans at all.
Look at this 2012 election map. The South is almost universally red. Because racist white southerners vote for racist Republicans. This is not a new phenomenon:

Old 05-07-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Kentucky was a slave state, and white people there consider themselves to be Southern. Rural Kentucky is no place to be black. Period.

And that's why Rand Paul's racist message plays so well there. That's what the Tea Party stands for.
Delaware was a slave state, too, as well as Maryland.

Actually the "TEA" party stands for "taxed enuf already" and has nothing to do with race.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Delaware was a slave state, too, as well as Maryland.

Actually the "TEA" party stands for "taxed enuf already" and has nothing to do with race.
I know what the acronym stands for. And I know what Tea Partiers believe.

And I know that they Tea Party candidate (Ron Paul) has specifically said that racial discrimination should be legal. It's on video.

Just to add context to this whole discussion, here are some pictures of Tea Partiers showing precisely what they believe:

[IMG]http://www.motherjones.com/files/imagecache/node-gallery-display/photoessays/teaparty*****r2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2015, 06:38 PM

18,876 posts, read 7,342,641 times
LOL, Ponderosa, stifle the vote is fruitless. They vote for POTUS in big numbers long before Obama. Hillary won the Latino primary vote vs Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or