Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 12:15 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
we tried this in 1986 and it didn't work, millions of illegals violated our borders and law.

Why giving amnesty again will work?

Fact is:

11 million foreigners decided to stay in the shadows by violating our laws because they have no loyalty to our country and laws. Their goal is to make American Dollars in any illegal way possible to send it back to their home country and screw the taxpayers who have to pay for the public services of them and their kids.

shame on any American that don't see this for what it is......if millions of poor Americans cross illegally to Mexico you think the Mexican government will give them amnesty and pass the bill to the Mexican taxpayers?.....POR FAVOR (that means please in Spanish for the ones that flunked Spanish in high school)

You can't give amnesty to them that is basically throwing our book of laws to the garbage. They have 2 choices:

A) Apply for a work visa and legal status like they were supposed to do with no privileges or special status before they violated our laws like the rest of millions of LEGAL immigrants had to do.

or

B) Go back to their country for failing to obey our laws.

that's should be the only solution to the problem and if Jeb Bush can't support that, he won't get my vote or win the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
He sounds good, but making an argument to make 11 Million Immigrants residents is not where he should start. First, I would want to hear how they going to screen out the Felons, the drunken drivers and the people falsifying their paper work. Additionally I want to know what they are going to do when the next group of 20 million demand citizenship
I agree. Deal with a secure border and the lawbreakers. Stop the catch and release.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cruz did the Fox tour too and I think Paul did as well. Don't blame Fox if you don't like the only electable candidate. That is based around the nation and not conservatives.
The only reason you think he's the only electable candidate is the media has told you that over and over again. They sold us the same bill of goods with Romney and lo and behold he didn't win just like a lot of us knew he wouldn't. If you just looked at Jeb Bush's stances and his record no one would think he was "the only electable candidate" but the media constantly says it until it's true.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
The only reason you think he's the only electable candidate is the media has told you that over and over again. They sold us the same bill of goods with Romney and lo and behold he didn't win just like a lot of us knew he wouldn't. If you just looked at Jeb Bush's stances and his record no one would think he was "the only electable candidate" but the media constantly says it until it's true.
Hear, Hear!!!!

Old 05-11-2015, 12:42 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Well, he just said that, knowing what we know now, he'd still authorize the Iraq War. This is not a joke.

Still electable?

Old 05-11-2015, 01:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
When i say those comments, it isn't the media telling me that, it is the actions and stances. Dr. Carson is stuck in 1970 with his views on gays, Firiona's platform is basically "I'm not HRC," Cruz is an obstructionist, Paul had a chance with fresh views but flip-flopped to be more of a war-hawk, Huckabee is a Christian conservative but people call him a RINO, Rubio could be a wild card as could Walker (but isn't even confirmed to be running.) Jeb is the only candidate we know that has a chance. No candidate is prefect but Jeb is as close to prefect for the Republicans. We all know that putting Cruz or Carson against anyone won't get a red White House. They won't win enough stars on the electorate regardless of how many Republican governors we have. The Democrats have a math advantage and we will see only the more conservative states stay red like the south, Texas and Arizona. You won't bring enough conservatives to the polls in the swing states.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
When i say those comments, it isn't the media telling me that, it is the actions and stances. Dr. Carson is stuck in 1970 with his views on gays, Firiona's platform is basically "I'm not HRC," Cruz is an obstructionist, Paul had a chance with fresh views but flip-flopped to be more of a war-hawk, Huckabee is a Christian conservative but people call him a RINO, Rubio could be a wild card as could Walker (but isn't even confirmed to be running.) Jeb is the only candidate we know that has a chance. No candidate is prefect but Jeb is as close to prefect for the Republicans. We all know that putting Cruz or Carson against anyone won't get a red White House. They won't win enough stars on the electorate regardless of how many Republican governors we have. The Democrats have a math advantage and we will see only the more conservative states stay red like the south, Texas and Arizona. You won't bring enough conservatives to the polls in the swing states.
Your obstructionist term is certainly from the media. Everything that Congress does is a black and white issue. We keep saying "compromise" - the grey area. You can't compromise on black and white issues. So, saying that Cruz is an obstructionist is false. The Constitution is either important or it isn't - that is black and white.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:14 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
All of those views you just listed are exactly what the media is reporting. Do you really think that a candidate with the last name of BUSH, the most toxic name is politics at the moment, really stands a chance? Especially when that candidate seems to have developed foot in mouth disease over the past week?

After these two gems there is no way in hell anyone other than confused Republicans would vote for him:
Quote:
The Washington Post reported that Jeb cited his brother as an adviser on Israel, however, four sources confirmed to CNN that the comments were focused on foreign policy more broadly. Three of them said Jeb noted his brother was an adviser on the Middle East.
One of the people in the room jotted down Jeb's comment as such: "What you need to know is that who I listen to when I need advice on the Middle East is George W. Bush."
Jeb: George W. Bush is a top foreign policy adviser - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
“I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got,” Bush told Kelly in a wide-ranging interview that will be aired Monday night.
ADVERTISEMENT

Bush says the United States failed to focus on security first, which he argues led Iraqis to turn on the military because there was no protection for families. However, he challenged the idea that the security issue was a point of disagreement between him and his brother, President George W. Bush, who ordered the invasion.
“By the way, guess who thinks that those mistakes took place as well? George W. Bush,” Jeb Bush said. “Yes, I mean, so just for the news flash to the world, if they’re trying to find places where there’s big space between me and my brother, this might not be one of those.”
Exclusive: Jeb Bush says he would have backed Iraq invasion | Fox News

Oh yeah so "electable." He's an idiot. I'm getting the feeling that he's running for President to vindicate his brother's record or something. Stop listening to the media. Bush has been falling in your beloved polls anyway, people are starting to see him for what he is: a corporatist establishment hack.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:47 PM

595 posts, read 368,367 times
Quote:
All of those views you just listed are exactly what the media is reporting. Do you really think that a candidate with the last name of BUSH, the most toxic name is politics at the moment, really stands a chance? Especially when that candidate seems to have developed foot in mouth disease over the past week?

After these two gems there is no way in hell anyone other than confused Republicans would vote for him:

Jeb: George W. Bush is a top foreign policy adviser - CNNPolitics.com

Exclusive: Jeb Bush says he would have backed Iraq invasion | Fox News

Oh yeah so "electable." He's an idiot. I'm getting the feeling that he's running for President to vindicate his brother's record or something. Stop listening to the media. Bush has been falling in your beloved polls anyway, people are starting to see him for what he is: a corporatist establishment hack.
Correct. Bush stating he would have backed the Iraq invasion shows his true colors, he is a pro-interventionist that will involve the U.S. in useless wars, and interventions, that will result in Americans dying.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Your obstructionist term is certainly from the media. Everything that Congress does is a black and white issue. We keep saying "compromise" - the grey area. You can't compromise on black and white issues. So, saying that Cruz is an obstructionist is false. The Constitution is either important or it isn't - that is black and white.
The Constitution is a living document.It can be changed so it is strengthened or weakened with amendments and is interpreted differently by each Supreme Court. The problem with Cruz is not that he obstructs but how. Remember his filibuster over Obamacare during the 2013 furloughs? I don't mind him trying to vote against Obamacare but tying it to the furloughs, C'mon man. And this is the guy we want in the White House?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections