Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 08:08 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You know I didn't get that feeling after watching THE FIVE at all yesterday. I guess I must have been seeing a different version of the program. I thought they were pretty split on how the feel about him. It seems to me many on FOX are leaning toward Rubio right now. Of course this could be my wishful thinking. I just shutter at the thought of a Bush/Clinton campaign.

Many of my liberal friends feel the same way and have said they will sit this one out if 2016 is a Bush vs. Clinton contest. I'm an Independent and agree with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 08:13 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
If Jeb wins, could we handle another depression? And a couple more wars?

Old 05-12-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Where I live - working and talking with many American Hispanics - I have not meet ONE American Hispanic that is in favor of Amnesty - not ONE. They want everyone to follow the rules like they did getting here.

Agreed! Every Hispanic I have discussed this issue with, be it family members or fellow business owners, have all said they do no want "reform" and are insulted that politicians use that term to hide what it really is, amnesty. Their parents came here legally, worked hard and succeeded, and really resent the entitled attitude from those coming here illegally. But what do they know....they only live in Texas

Old 05-12-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I find that hard to believe especially if any of them are from Mexican roots. I don't know where you live but the situation here in So. Calif. is quite the opposite. Haven't you heard of all the so-called "immigrant" advocacy groups, the marches and all the demands by them that our politicians grant amnesty? Haven't you read all of the forum remarks that back that up also?

You implied that they came legally and that's a whole different story. Of course legal immigrants want others to follow the rules just like they did.

That explains your views about "reform." No offense intended, btw.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I pretty well discount the polls after talking with people on the ground.

Right now, they say that Cruz has no chance. I listened to every speech at the South Carolina Freedom Summit. He had, hands down, the best response of any speaker on the stage.

Dang it, I hate that the "positive" reps are limited! Good post and so true!

Old 05-12-2015, 11:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Dang it, I hate that the "positive" reps are limited! Good post and so true!
Hey! Cruz is the man. Endorse him, defend him, stand behind the ideals he espouses. He can talk the talk. If he's not nominated, I wouldn't vote, if I were you. Based on Patriotic Principal, you understand.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey! Cruz is the man. Endorse him, defend him, stand behind the ideals he espouses. He can talk the talk. If he's not nominated, I wouldn't vote, if I were you. Based on Patriotic Principal, you understand.

Do you feel the same about Hillary?

Old 05-13-2015, 05:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Well, at lest Jeb is giving the single finger salute to the "Iowa Strawmen Collective". That shows some sense.

And hence the T-Nutjobs are going after poor ol' Jeb...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...lectable-in-ad

Last edited by florida.bob; 05-13-2015 at 06:02 AM..

Old 05-13-2015, 08:19 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Agreed! Every Hispanic I have discussed this issue with, be it family members or fellow business owners, have all said they do no want "reform" and are insulted that politicians use that term to hide what it really is, amnesty. Their parents came here legally, worked hard and succeeded, and really resent the entitled attitude from those coming here illegally. But what do they know....they only live in Texas
Oh geez, not another one. It isn't about Hispanics who came here legally it's about many that were born here (anchor babies come to mind) and are citizens of this country who have relatives in this country illegally. I even know of Hispanics who don't have a relative here illegally but they still want amnesty for illegal aliens because of their tribal mentality. Aside from someone's personal experience with a few of them all of the facts continue to be ignored. I give up!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:21 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
You want me to click on and have confidence in LaRaza? Are you kidding me? LOL!
The NCLR represents the sentiments of many Hispanics. Are YOU kidding me? I also provided a couple more links but of course you ignored those. I'm done with you and your continued denial of the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections