Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:16 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones View Post
It will buy a lot of lottery tickets,thats for sure.
Good Idea, since that seems to be the only way we will improve our finances!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 09:17 AM

384 posts, read 286,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I think this rebate idea illustrates just how ridiculously hopless our government is in facing a financial crisis. I watched Burnake on CNN last night discussing it. One of the things he said was that he would hope people wouldn't use it to pay down credit card debt as that would not have a big impact on the economy at all. I just shook my head, turned off the tv, and went to bed.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we are on the path to collapse. Maybe not a complete collapse, but things will not be good anytime soon.

So let me ask, how many credit cards do you have.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
Quote:
None. I don't do debt.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:24 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:

1 that I pay off monthly, a Best Buy card that I take advantage of their same as cash promotions (have not gone over the pay off date a single time), and a Rooms to Go card that likewise, I take advantage of their promotions and payoff the amount owed before interest starts accruing.

Your point?

Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM

One thing is for sure,I noticed only the smart one know how to control their credit cards with their answers.

What Im afraid of is the gov is going to pay off some of these so we can get the economy back on track.
You know that ones that have $30K plus owed on their statements (credit cards)
And here's the big joke they all say "its the credit cards companies that keep sending me new cards"

Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 PM

464 posts, read 660,291 times
Default Where does the money for rebate come from?

One thing I didn't quite understand is where does the money for rebate come from? I didn't see this rebate on the budget they passed last year, so where does it come from? I am scratching my head but just can't figure it out.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
One thing I didn't quite understand is where does the money for rebate come from? I didn't see this rebate on the budget they passed last year, so where does it come from? I am scratching my head but just can't figure it out.
China , Saudi Arabia,Hong Kong,Vietnam,Japan ???

Take your pick.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
China , Saudi Arabia,Hong Kong,Vietnam,Japan ???

Take your pick.
What do you mean? Are they giving us the money?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
What do you mean? Are they giving us the money?

Who do you think pays for your college tuition fees?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Who do you think pays for your college tuition fees?
You're going to have to be more clear. I don't understand what you mean. Do those countries give us money for the tax rebate? Tell me what you mean exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections