U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 PM

77,957 posts, read 33,265,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah. Cruz claims to be for liberties but wants to punt on gay marriage to the states. I guess that way he can play "I'm not against gay rights, blame your state legislature" despite the fact he is personally against it.
Cruz can't spell Libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 PM

1,386 posts, read 624,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
If you think Jeb is a RINO I guess you aren't too thrilled with the libertarian wing of the republican party.

I don't agree with open borders, however I grew up with the Paul's and supported Ron Paul. The media BS painted him as an uncaring, callous, person, and he is anything but that. As an obstetrician in Lake Jackson, he performed a lot of pro bono work for women who couldn't afford his services. Didn't hear that from MSM, did we?

Sorry about the source, but I can't find anything from MSM about RP good works.

Yes, Ron Paul Has 4,000 Babies - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Yeah. Cruz claims to be for liberties but wants to punt on gay marriage to the states. I guess that way he can play "I'm not against gay rights, blame your state legislature" despite the fact he is personally against it.

Again, the Constitution gives powers to the states to make such decisions. He is abiding by the Constitution, not his own personal opinion. Sign up for Hillsdale College to take a course on the Constitution, for FREE.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,677,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Again, the Constitution gives powers to the states to make such decisions. He is abiding by the Constitution, not his own personal opinion. Sign up for Hillsdale College to take a course on the Constitution, for FREE.
And that course would likely tell me what I already know. That being that any state decision whether SB, AB, HB or prop has to abide by their constitution AND the US Constitution. Both include ALL Amendments. In this case, the 14th Amendment offering equal protection to ALL CITIZENS under the law.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:23 AM

66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
I have been a big Ted Cruz supporter, however I have learned he supports fast tracking this trade agreement, to the detriment of the American worker. I've called his office last week and will continue to do so, voicing my objections to TPP.

This is an opinion piece, however it explains the issues we should all be worried about;

CLAUDIA TENNEY AND BRIAN O"SHAUGHNESSY: Selling Out the Constitution and Main Street on Trade - Washington Times

Washington Times spin.... Bought and paid for by the GOP Establishment.
He like Ron Paul, brought a bill that he himself would never vote for....
He wants congress to vote for a deal like that to hold them accountable to the nation.
He is ready to show, who stands with Americans and who doesn't.
The bill itself is to put the vote to congress(hold them accountable) and take it from Obama's pen and phone.(which if that happens, it is a done deal anyway)

Old 05-04-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He wants congress to vote for a deal like that to hold them accountable to the nation.
The bill itself is to put the vote to congress(hold them accountable) and take it from Obama's pen and phone.(which if that happens, it is a done deal anyway)
Yeah because they fear losing a third straight because Cruz has high un favorability rating among the nation. Remember the nation isn't Texas and what worked there isn't a sure thing for the nation.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:43 AM

1,386 posts, read 624,343 times
Quote:

As I pointed out, it's an opinion piece. However, why put himself out there as supporting something that is harmful to American workers? That's the part I don't get.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
As I pointed out, it's an opinion piece. However, why put himself out there as supporting something that is harmful to American workers? That's the part I don't get.

He is not going to support it and doesn't support it now. His intention is to take it away from Obama's Pen & Phone and place it with congress, where it belongs.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
He is not going to support it and doesn't support it now. His intention is to take it away from Obama's Pen & Phone and place it with congress, where it belongs.
You buy that spin but will the voters he needs buy it too. Maybe. I wasn't voting Cruz either way so my opinion is irrelevant.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
You buy that spin but will the voters he needs buy it too. Maybe. I wasn't voting Cruz either way so my opinion is irrelevant.

Will congress pass it, with their phone lines ringing off the hook and emails flooding in saying, "hell no"?
We can hold our congress critters accountable.

The people decide. Not Obama with Pen & Phone.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Will congress pass it, with their phone lines ringing off the hook and emails flooding in saying, "hell no"?
We can hold our congress critters accountable.

The people decide. Not Obama with Pen & Phone.
It doesnt matter that congress wont pass it, Cruz was for it if only to put it up for a vote to let it fail. I ask will the voters he need to reach out to buy that spin?

FYI, Obama wasn't the first to issue executive orders and he won't be the last until the US don't have a president anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections