Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 04:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Oh Ponderosa.. this is the year 2015... why would the owners sexual preferences matter to you, a customer staying in their hotel... it's not like they're going to give you a personal wake up call by coming into your room and forcing you to take one for the team, dude....

I'm straight - married - have grandkids... I don't necessarily condone 'that' lifestyle - but if it's not hurting me, I'm certainly not going to condemn it...
Unlike Cruz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 04:23 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Unlike Cruz.
Oh, come on… I don't think Ted will take one for the team either.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
What was the point of your post? You admit that you would boycott a business owned by someone with different political views. The exact same thing that you are criticizing others for doing. The article you linked said the hotel has been threatened with boycotts and lost customers, not death threats.

I admitted, I would not be making death threats.
Boycott? Truth may be, I just choose....... and how would I come to know his political views, in a gun shop? A gun shop with no guns? If he is voicing his political views one way or the other out of the blue, just so everyone knows. I would most likely take my business elsewhere.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:13 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Gay hotel owners face boycott threats after hosting Ted Cruz dinner - CBS News

Two gay hotel owners sparked a firestorm this week when news broke of a dinner they hosted with Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz -- and now, their businesses might suffer for it.

The truth is, to the left, there’s nothing worse than being conservative. If you’re a minority/gay/female/poor conservative, you’re suddenly the enemy. Nothing else matters. It turns into a giant witch hunt.
Needless to say, if you’re black, you’re a Democrat. Case closed. No room for discussion.
That twisted line of thinking is exactly why Zuri Davis, a 19-year-old black conservative woman who supports Sen. Rand Paul, had to fight back.

Oh the tolerance of the left. No one can think for themselves, or they get punished.

So what? It's a free country. Gay owners have the freedom to host bigoted Republican. Customers have the freedom to not visit gay owners' establishment. It's called freedom. You have a problem with that?

I got news for ya, consumers make these type of choices all the time. They stopped buying Michael Vick jerseys. They stopped buying Lance Armstrong bikes. They stopped going to the old Charlotte Hornets games. Based not on the quality of the product but on the action of someone in charge of the brand. That's how consumers think. This isn't a left/right issue, it's a business issue. Every Mad Men will tell you ALL consumers evoke emotion in purchasing decision. To expect the left to somehow function like androids is just being holly naive and definitely extreme.

I thought conservatives are all about taking personal responsibility?! When a business owner does something to damage his brand and suffers financial consequence, I thought that is just prototypical of taking personal responsibility isn't it? Somehow the camp who says personal responsibility this, personal responsibility that; never seems to want to own up to it when the occasion arise.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So what? It's a free country. Gay owners have the freedom to host bigoted Republican. Customers have the freedom to not visit gay owners' establishment. It's called freedom. You have a problem with that?

No, not at all.

What I have a problem with is, the character attacks, with death threats and that of violence.

You hate me, because I'm friends with someone you hate and you don't even know me.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:30 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, not at all.

What I have a problem with is, the character attacks, with death threats and that of violence.

You hate me, because I'm friends with someone you hate and you don't even know me.
Death threats are of course, absolutely unjustifiable.

But I'm not aware that the entire left is sending out those. Or are you blaming the entire left for the action of a few?

Old 05-08-2015, 04:19 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The party of old rich white folks is getting pretty desperate when they have to attack a man for just attending a meeting with some people.

Who is making this a gay/straight issue? The party of old rich white people
Who is making accusations against Cruz as if him being gay would be a bad thing? The party of old rich which people.
Who is trying to attack someone for just being near an establishment owned by 2 gay men? The party of old rich and clearly intolerant white people.

Thanks Democrats, continue to spread your hate... we are watching.
Democrats? Who you have just described would be your party, The Grand Old (white) Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections