Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 12:07 PM

698 posts, read 587,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why would we?
She has no appeal, other than the Sarah Palin / She is a Conservative woman talking head.
I'd take Mia Love over her in a heartbeat, if it has to be a woman.
If conservatives want a female candidate they could do much better than Fiorina, they have several women within the party with actual experience running campaigns and serving the public.

Kelly Ayotte or Susana Martinez would be great options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 12:45 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Can't very well speak and shake my head at the same time, can I?

If you want to use your CEO experience as a stepping stone to politics, it would help if the market didn't react to the news of your ousting with a 7% increase in share price. There's something ironic about her golden parachute (which included about $19M in of shares) actually increasing considerably in value when she was finally kicked out.

(OK, so that was just one case - HP. She also ran Bell Labs and Lucent into the ground.)

Not that she has a chance. Running for President without a chance of being nominated is turning into a bit of a cottage industry. There's undoubtedly a "Donate Now" button on her actual website, it's nice ego bath for the purported candidate, it undoubtedly increases the speaking fees and - who knows? Once she concedes and throws her support behind the actual candidate, and if he wins, he may remember his friends.

It would also bolster confidence in her high-tech credentials if her campaign was organized enough to register a domain name. Carly Fiorina failed to register this domain.
Exactly! Ask her what her success stories were at AT&T. She was part of a management team that ran that organization into the ground because they had no understanding of the market. She made deals that inflated Lucent's income statement through a trick known as vendor financing. This was similar to sub-prime loans in the housing industry. After Fiorina jumped ship to HP, Lucent collapsed and eventually merged with Alcatel. AT&T, where Fiorina was a vice president, later was acquired by one of its former subsidiaries, SBC (the former Southwestern Bell).

Fiorina continued her deal making strategy at HP with the purchase of Compaq despite the objections of many board members and HP executives. The acquisition resulted in both companies disintegrating. HP ended up firing 15,000 employees and its stock lost half of its value.

And why did she change her name from Cara to Carly when she got married in 1985? Many women change their last name but I've never heard of a woman also changing her first name.

How does anyone think she is a credible candidate for any office?

Last edited by villageidiot1; 05-05-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 12:46 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She strikes me as a dark horse candidate. I find myself agreeing with everything she says, and she handled Katie Couric's gotcha! questions like a pro. She has all the experience and none of the political baggage as someone who has been in politics all of their life.

If you have a chance, watch her yahoo interview with Katie Couric. Smart woman who is also likable.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/2016-for...213014050.html
As noted at one of the domains she failed to register, she fired 30,000 people and the only negative in her mind is that she didn't do it sooner.

Yeah, let's talk about Carly.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
If conservatives want a female candidate they could do much better than Fiorina, they have several women within the party with actual experience running campaigns and serving the public.

Kelly Ayotte or Susana Martinez would be great options.

Hell, even Sarah Palin has a better governing record, while she was in office.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:07 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Default On second thought, though...

If there is one thing that Fiorina has been consistently good at, it's getting people to ignore her past string of fiascos and give her yet another chance of mismanaging something. So who knows? Perhaps the GOP is simply ready to be bamboozled.

On the third hand, even McCain fired her from his campaign. What does it say if you can't keep your job in an organization that keeps Palin on board?

Old 05-05-2015, 01:13 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If there is one thing that Fiorina has been consistently good at, it's getting people to ignore her past string of fiascos and give her yet another chance of mismanaging something. So who knows? Perhaps the GOP is simply ready to be bamboozled.

On the third hand, even McCain fired her from his campaign. What does it say if you can't keep your job in an organization that keeps Palin on board?
But even on her worst day at the office, nobody died under her watch.

You lefties just keep lovin' on Hillary. And ignoring her past string of fiascos. And crimes.

I'm no fan of Carly, but I loath hypocrites.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:06 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But even on her worst day at the office, nobody died under her watch.
Well, there's a ringing endorsement - "She messed up 3 companies, but nobody actually died." That's not a good reason to hand her the sort of actual life-and-death responsibility she claims to be looking for, now is it?

Quote:
You lefties just keep lovin' on Hillary. And ignoring her past string of fiascos. And crimes.
Why don't you find just one post of mine "lovin' on Hillary"? I'll be right here.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:04 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
She's bland, boring, uninteresting, doesn't have anything special to talk about or offer, she's nasal-sounding, nervous, and rehearsed. It's not even painful to watch her; it's too dull to register.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:12 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
How does anyone think she is a credible candidate for any office?
Maybe the same way they thought Obama was.......

Ok, so she had a few less than stellar attempts at the helm of a few major corporations.

So maybe she has some experience to draw upon, in not making the same mistakes.

What does Hillary have, aside from a long track record of bungles, lies, deceptive practices while at law firms, people dead on her watch at the state department? just to mention a few.......

No, I don't think she will get the nomination, but it wont be for any of the reasons given thus far.
The politics of destruction from both parties will do her in, in good time.

CN.......

Old 05-05-2015, 06:28 PM

260 posts, read 218,282 times
She may be running for vp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections