Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:49 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The ONLY thing Rafael owns in that clip is a politician's skill at deflection and avoidance of answering the question he's been asked. Thank goodness he'll never see the nomination.
The way you describe him, he sounds like a democrat. You really should approve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
The way you describe him, he sounds like a democrat. You really should approve.
No, he sounds like he's full of crap which is both Republicans and Democrats these days.

But being that in another thread you've alleged I've consistently said things without supplying any support remotely close to factual I'd say your credibility is close to zero anyway, eh?

Last edited by burdell; 05-22-2015 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-22-2015, 08:19 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Did I say he did? No, of course I didn't. My point is; the media wants to dwell on sociall issues and will not lay off.
Well you can't run on a social issues platform and not expect the media to question you about it. The ISIS issue is a non-starter unless you can somehow ferret out a media outlet that thinks that ISIS is a wonderful thing to behold. Everyone at some level is alarmed by ISIS. Now if Cruz wants to take ISIS front and center of his campaign, I think the questions will follow. Until then he reminds me of Charles During in the Best Little ***** House in Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl8ajhu_e5Y

Old 05-22-2015, 09:52 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals will now whine he hates degenerates as he never answered the question. Hillary could pull the same tactic and liberals will swoon in ecstasy but not from a GOP candidate.
He DID answer the question! "He said "I'm a Christian. Scripture commands me to love everyone." So the answer to that vapid question is "no".

Old 05-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
first hand knowledge, something you know nothing about, and context would be nice. You know, some actual facts for a change.
Answer the question. Are you claiming he didnt say it, yes or no ????

Old 05-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
No, but it relates to her way of not answering questions that you dems would scream about if a rep did not answer to your requirements.
No it doesnt, this isnt a discussion of all presidential candidates, its a discussion of Ted Cruz and Cruz only, stay on topic.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Bashing a reporter for asking a question is not the same as giving a good answer to the question itself.

The premise of his response also doesnt make sense. Its like he doesnt believe in the ability to multitask.
That reporter is trying to elicit a response that Cruz hates the less than 1% of the population so the can scream about it.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:16 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,620,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Pr9GRWAbI&app=desktop

MAN!!! I have been waiting forever for a GOP candidate this intellectually sharp!! HIS RESPONSE WAS SO INCREDIBLE!!

He took that stupid question and threw it back!!

Cruz is my new hero!
I love at how 8 seconds into it he says "Why are the Left & the media obsessed with sex?"
Has he forgotten Republicans , Newt and the Monica Lewinsky scandal? Oh and Mr. Cruz the topic was gay Americans not "Sex".

Old 05-23-2015, 01:27 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Cruz is sick of hearing questions for which the answer is so painfully obvious--he's a hateful right-winger.

Cruz: "What I am saying is that when a mayor of a city chooses twice to march in a parade celebrating gay pride, that’s a statement - and it’s not a statement I agree with.”

Forget same-sex marriage, Cruz doesn't like gay pride parades. He's a typical bigot hiding behind his religion.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Bashing a reporter for asking a question is not the same as giving a good answer to the question itself.

The premise of his response also doesnt make sense. Its like he doesnt believe in the ability to multitask.

The activist reporter found out quickly, why no one wants to debate the guy. Even efforts to marginalize him, have turned just the opposite and empowered him greater in the eyes, of honest American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections