Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:23 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times

Advertisements

It's really a shame that no one is running on the Republican side this year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Romney can only win the not so hotly contested states.
Wyoming and Nevada was due to his religion. Michigan was because of his father. I don't think we'll see Romney win another state except Utah.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Yippie Hillary!! High time we had a woman in the White House!!!!!
What a very sexest thing to say, shouldnt we be electing someone based upon their platform, regardless to race, or sex?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What a very sexest thing to say, shouldnt we be electing someone based upon their platform, regardless to race, or sex?
Does she wear platforms? I dunno cuz I've never looked at her shoes. I'll betcha some of those short male candidates have platforms though... For all we know, they might be sticking rolled up socks in their underwear too.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:15 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Does she wear platforms? I dunno cuz I've never looked at her shoes. I'll betcha some of those short male candidates have platforms though... For all we know, they might be sticking rolled up socks in their underwear too.
ROFL! (and there I was, stuck on "sexest." How does that go? Sex, sexer, sexest?)

Now, we know the candidates don't have platforms (not even Kucinich!). Just the parties have platforms. Parties on platforms are LOTS of fun! Especially when the party progresses and people fall OFF the platforms!

Old 01-20-2008, 04:20 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Wyoming and Nevada was due to his religion. Michigan was because of his father. I don't think we'll see Romney win another state except Utah.
He might win Florida because Rudy is down there waiting and with Rudy and McCain dividing the liberal vote and Huckabee and Thompson pretty much on the ropes, the conservative choice would be Romney. So he can still see a way to victory although I think in the end McCain wins.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He might win Florida because Rudy is down there waiting and with Rudy and McCain dividing the liberal vote and Huckabee and Thompson pretty much on the ropes, the conservative choice would be Romney. So he can still see a way to victory although I think in the end McCain wins.
How many times has McCain run for President now? Three? Four? Why do you think this time is the charm?

Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,441 times
Quote:
It's really a shame that no one is running on the Republican side this year...
It's a real shame that the media has put the screws to Thompson. He is the one on the Republican side that IS worth voting for. And the MSM knows he is the one to tear down because he could actually beat Clinton (even Bob Beckel, Democrat strategist is afraid of a Thompson vs Clinton scenario). The MSM did a great job of building Thompson up then tearing him down before he even got started. Calling him lazy and such brainwashed a lot of folks that don't do the research and are easily swayed by the tv and newspaper. I just hope he hangs in there. If people actually listened to his agenda and watched him debate they'd be voting for him.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It's a real shame that the media has put the screws to Thompson. He is the one on the Republican side that IS worth voting for. And the MSM knows he is the one to tear down because he could actually beat Clinton (even Bob Beckel, Democrat strategist is afraid of a Thompson vs Clinton scenario). The MSM did a great job of building Thompson up then tearing him down before he even got started. Calling him lazy and such brainwashed a lot of folks that don't do the research and are easily swayed by the tv and newspaper. I just hope he hangs in there. If people actually listened to his agenda and watched him debate they'd be voting for him.
Some of you act like the american voters are some brainwashed, dumb sheep. You give way to much credit or blame to the MSM when the candidates of your choice is not doing well. Maybe the voters have taken a look at Thompson and don't like him? Ever thought of that?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Some of you act like the american voters are some brainwashed, dumb sheep. You give way to much credit or blame to the MSM when the candidates of your choice is not doing well. Maybe the voters have taken a look at Thompson and don't like him? Ever thought of that?
I think this is the more likely scenario. Especially after the right wing media was pimping him so hard. Seems like even the dittoheads were not too impressed.

Dude is a good actor, he needs get back on some interesting tv series and make our lives more enjoyable that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections