Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 AM

37,762 posts, read 40,875,793 times

Advertisements

Which one is the most surprising?

Senator Rand Paul Cuts His Own Hair: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me - Us Weekly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 10:57 AM

30,017 posts, read 18,861,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Interesting information. I guess the fact he cuts his hair was the most surprising and maybe that he was a swimmer for Baylor. I really supported his Father and I would support him if I believe he is a contender but I'm not sure he panders enough to get elected President.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:07 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,367,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
i would agree, cutting his own hair, with cooking the Thanksgiving dinner second. I love to hear little bits of info about candidates personal life. It makes them seem real and personable.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:38 AM

34,914 posts, read 31,038,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i would agree, cutting his own hair, with cooking the Thanksgiving dinner second. I love to hear little bits of info about candidates personal life. It makes them seem real and personable.
This is where I think Romney went wrong. He never played at his excellent personal life. There's not a bit of dirt on the guy personally, but he came off as looking wooden and like a corporate hack. He was more than that and deserved to represent himself better.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,163,039 times
I said long ago, Rand was a viable candidate. I really think he could beat Hillary. He probably should make sure his son is on a good path, because he has had several run ins with the law all related to drinking. Yes, kids should be off limits, but we know some how he may become campaign fodder, from the left or the right. He seems to have a drinking problem, his latest incident was a DUI.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
This is where I think Romney went wrong. He never played at his excellent personal life. There's not a bit of dirt on the guy personally, but he came off as looking wooden and like a corporate hack. He was more than that and deserved to represent himself better.
I agree and then when the media brought up the story about his straping the dog to the top of the car, he seemed totally inhuman, right or wrong. I think all politicians need to be groomed to seem human. That is partially what helped Obama. He came across as that nice looking, young man with a great marriage and 2 adorable little girls People like to elect the picture perfect candidate.It helped Carter as well.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I said long ago, Rand was a viable candidate. I really think he could beat Hillary. He probably should make sure his son is on a good path, because he has had several run ins with the law all related to drinking. Yes, kids should be off limits, but we know some how he may become campaign fodder, from the left or the right. He seems to have a drinking problem, his latest incident was a DUI.
ok, and how about Carters family and what about Ford's kids? I really would not concern myself with how the candidtes kids behave. Look at Reagan, talk about a couple of kids that seemed to be totally screwed up!!!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:12 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,790,945 times
Here is another thing most people don't know about Rand, he donates is time performing eye surgeries for low income people of Kentucky.
Rand Paul on recess: Giving eye surgeries - POLITICO.com

Old 05-28-2015, 02:43 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,163,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, and how about Carters family and what about Ford's kids? I really would not concern myself with how the candidtes kids behave. Look at Reagan, talk about a couple of kids that seemed to be totally screwed up!!!
Sigh, I clearly said kids should be off limits, that doesnt mean they will be. I personally couldnt care less that his son seems to have a drinking problem. It doesnt change my opinion that he may want to make sure his son is on a better path, because as we all know, either the left or the right could try to drag his kid into it. His son is in his 20s, a lot of folks may consider him fair game. Not to mention, his last run in was a DUI last month, so there is fodder. There are so many candidates on the right, they will be ruthless. Bobby Jindal already started in on Rand, and he hasnt officially declared. As Ive said on many occasions, Rand is the one to watch, so far he would be my favorite of the republican candidates as long as he stops pandering to the far right in the party.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:21 PM

37,762 posts, read 40,875,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Here is another thing most people don't know about Rand, he donates is time performing eye surgeries for low income people of Kentucky.
Rand Paul on recess: Giving eye surgeries - POLITICO.com
I knew that one. He cooks the turkey is a good one. I also like little personal tidbits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections