Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 12:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Trump will announce what........that he's an idiot?
Well he's smarter than a 5th grader
Actually I wish I had his brains to make money.
2nd thought, I just want his money, my brain is just fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 12:33 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
How many of you posting in this thread have achieved the wealth that Mr. Trump has accumulated?
Obviously he didn't become wealthy by being stupid.
I would much rather have a smart business man leading our country than a used up lying scab like Mrs. Clinton.
If it comes down to Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, she would loose in a landslide, and the reason being, she is tied too closely to the present administration, and all the lies.
Oh, and just so you know, your tinfoil hats are available as you leave this thread.
Just leave your name and where you would like them sent.

Bob.
I can't believe anyone could actually say that with a straight face. If he runs he'll get vetted by the media which will cause him to loose his cool, blow is top and show how out of touch he is with reality and the world at large. He doesn't have the temperament to be a dog catcher, let alone a president of a country. Oh, and by the way, the ability to accumulate wealth proves nothing. Lots of dirty, crooks without a moral bone in their bodies are able to accumulate wealth.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:46 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
How many of you posting in this thread have achieved the wealth that Mr. Trump has accumulated?
IF wealth is the standard of a man, do you think Donny has accumulated as much wealth as Saddam Hussein? Vladimir Putin? et al? Would that make those people superior to Lil' Donny?

Quote:
No, but you can get a damn good head start by having the right parents. From what I've read Donny was able to borrow ~$30M from his future inheritance to get himself going and he didn't do a damn thing to bring that about.

In case you're unaware, there's a very large difference between picking yourself up by your bootstraps and picking yourself up by your silver spoon.

Last edited by burdell; 06-12-2015 at 12:56 PM..

Old 06-12-2015, 01:12 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
So many, many people have a remarkably bad impression of Mr.Trump, and I really don't understand why.
What is it about him that you feel he would make a lousy president.?
He is going to make an announcement on June 16th.
I am sure he will run for the presidency, and I think he would make a great President.

I don't believe those against Mr. Trump's bid for the office have actually sat down and listened to him .
What he has to say should be heard by every American of voting age.
I want all of you (before coming to any conclusions about Mr. Trump) to take some time and listen to what he has to say, then ask yourself if he makes sense.
Click on this link.
Donald Trump - 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates
After watching the first video, (when it ends, a series of other videos are displayed on the screen) click on the video where he is talking with Bret Baier.
It will be in the upper right of the screen.

I guarantee when you listen to him, you will come away with a whole new impression of the man who would be President.

Bob.
I think the man a buffoon.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:23 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
probably none, so???

when did an amount of money become the determining factor in judging a person's character or work ethic? trump's elaborate comb-over shows me he's a man with some self-image issues. plus his obsession with business and his high profile affairs point to a man that can't balance work and a family life. two things i wouldn't trade for trump's estimated $4.2billion.

Quote:
If it comes down to Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, she would loose in a landslide,...
there is no poll that shows anything close to that claim being the reality. just the opposite. if you like the guy, great, knock yourself out, but if you're going to predict a landslide have some numbers to back it up.

Quote:
Oh, and just so you know, your tinfoil hats are available as you leave this thread.
what are you talking about?

it's trump that has embraced one of the grandest "tinfoil hat" beliefs, birtherism.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:21 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
I would much rather have a smart business man leading our country than a used up lying scab like Mrs. Clinton.
If it comes down to Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, she would loose in a landslide, and the reason being, she is tied too closely to the present administration, and all the lies.

Bob.
He made his money the old fashioned way- Her Inherited It.

Trump's old man was a developer and Donald took over from him. I don't begrudge him that. Fair is fair, but he is not some rags to riches or Steve Jobs type of story. He is good at what he does.

He is still a buffoon and someone who should not be anywhere near any government position.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:44 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
1. He's a birther, which makes him an idiot by definition.
here are some of trumps dabblings into birtherism:

trump claimed that obama's grandmother said she was at his birth in kenya.

false. sarah obama never said the president was born in kenya and has repeatedly stated that he was born in HI.

trump claimed that obama spent "over $4 million" in legal fees hiding his records.

false. the vast majority of the 220+ birther lawsuits obama has not been a defendant and the few that he has been were quickly dismissed. there is nothing to support the claim that obama has spent "millions" and the amount has fluctuated among birthers from 1.5 million to 10 million.

trump claimed to have "people" in HI investigating obama's birth and that "they cannot believe what they are finding".

to date there has been nothing to indicate these people actually existed let alone found any evidence.

trump claimed that a HI "certification of live birth" ( COLB ) is not a legal birth certificate.

false. it is ( trump's own lawyers submitted a NY "certification of live birth" to the court to prove the facts of his birth in his lawsuit against bill maher ).

trump claimed that there is no signature or certification number on the COLB.

false. photos of the COLB clearly show both.

trump claimed that "nobody knew" obama growing up as a child.

false. recollections from friends and classmates are easily found from all phases of his youth and schooling.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:47 PM

698 posts, read 587,290 times
Quote:
I have read all these post, and now want to ask one very serious question to all who posted in this thread.
What is it that made you form your opinion of Mr. Trump.
Please be specific in your answer.
It is easy to make a statement,but takes balls to back it up.
So, let's have a go at it.
Why your negative feelings about Mr.Trump?

Bob.
He is a birther, nuff said.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He's got some personal baggage:

He openly cheated on wife#1 and divorced her.
He married the woman he was cheating with. It did not last.
He then married a model, 20 years younger who now sells jewelry on QVC.
Reportedly, there are nude pictures of wife#3 out there.
There is a 3- year age difference between his oldest and youngest child.
Sounds very similar to Newt Gingrich.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Bob.
Donald Trump was born wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections