Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 03:11 PM

6 posts, read 4,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah and he knows how to work the system very well.....
The Clintons know how to work the system too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 03:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
I shook my head when he ripped Obama for overreaching his executive authority on immigration but also said that if elected, he would call the President of Ford and inform him that if Ford builds that new assembly plant in Mexico, he'd slap a 35% tariff on every car imported to the United States. Say what? Obama overreached on immigration without Congressional approval, but he's going to slap a 35% tariff on Ford, despite the little fact of needing Congressional approval and being in violation of Free Trade Agreements?

An example given of the ultimate act of chutzpah (as a joke) has been for a man to kill his parents and then plead for mercy from the court because he was an orphan. Somehow Donald Trump made me think of that old joke.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-16-2015 at 03:49 PM..

Old 06-16-2015, 03:35 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I guess in four years they couldn't come up with anyone that remembered Obama as
a baby in Hawaii
that's false, neil ambercrombie specifically remembered obama as a baby

Quote:
“Let me tell you, I’m a really smart guy. I was a really good student at the best school in the country. The reason I have a little doubt, just a little, is because he grew up and nobody knew him,” Trump said in the interview that aired Thursday.

“If I got the nomination, if I decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten. They'll remember me. Nobody comes forward. Nobody knows who he is until later in his life. It's very strange,” the Celebrity Apprentice host added. “The whole thing is very strange.” - Donald Trump
also false. there are recollections available online from people who knew obama thru all stages of his youth ( and a whole book from high school classmates ).

Old 06-16-2015, 03:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that's false, neil ambercrombie specifically remembered obama as a baby

also false. there are recollections available online from people who knew obama thru all stages of his youth ( and a whole book from high school classmates ).
Take it up with the Donald. I don't care where Obama was born or who knew him in kindergarten.
I've gotten to know him as a President and he sucks!

Old 06-16-2015, 03:44 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugg Mann View Post
12 pages to date and despite being presented with it in several posts, OP CALGUY has yet to acknowledge Trump's rabid support of the birther issue which is a deal breaker to most rational people. I'm very familiar with Trump and have been for decades, but his support of the birthers negates anything else that could possibly come out of his mouth.

CALGUY, a direct question to you; Is the President of the United States a US citizen? Yes or no?
I have always felt he never was a citizen, born in this country.
Oddly enough, his grandmother stated she witnessed his birth in Kenya, and she announced that she had proof of that.
Two days after she stated that, she was dead.
Many articles about her death, and Obama's alleged actions in her death can be googled quite easily.
As for that phony Hawaiian birth certificate, I believe it was produced with lots of money as an incentive.
At this point there is nothing to be gained by bringing this up once more.
You asked a question, and I answered it.

Bob.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Take it up with the Donald.
i am, in the only way i have access , a public forum. he is either ignorant of easily researched facts or he's intentionally lying.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I do like that he wants to bring jobs back from China and Mexico though.
Most everyone wants to bring jobs back from China and Mexico .

No one has a clue how to do this.

I guess if we eliminate all labor laws, including child labor, minimum wage, benefits, payroll taxes and any form of welfare, US people could either work for 5 cents an hour or starve, or

The US could heavily tax imports and in return be taxed on exports- the net result is not likely to work in the US favor.

Seems to me the reality is that manufacturing will never be your daddy's factory, again. Machines are more productive than an army of workers, anywhere.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Oddly enough, his grandmother stated she witnessed his birth in Kenya, and she announced that she had proof of that.
wrong.

sarah obama never said such a thing and has repeatedly stated that obama was born in HI.

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

Sarah Obama Speaks! - Obama Conspiracy Theories

Old 06-16-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Two days after she stated that, she was dead.
wrong.

now your confusing the grandmothers (sarah obama is still alive and well ). you can't even get the birther myths straight ( or can you link me to something that shows obama's maternal grandmother making such a statement ).

Old 06-16-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
As for that phony Hawaiian birth certificate,...
wrong.

please put forth your best evidence on why you believe the birth certificate is phony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections