Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If it ends up being Trump (R) vs Clinton (D), who would you vote for?
I would vote for Donald Trump (R) 67 44.37%
I would vote for Hillary Clinton (D) 55 36.42%
I would vote for a third-party candidate 24 15.89%
I would not vote at all 5 3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:49 PM

186 posts, read 158,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
The T man in a New York minute.
Have to agree: I like his straight talking attitude. He would be great in the job, I think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 01:52 PM

186 posts, read 158,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because she's not a Republican, a party that is ruled right now by its far right fringe. And because the next president is probably going to have the opportunity to nominate one or more Supreme Court justices and I don't want to see the court skew any further to the right than it already is. That is reason enough to vote for Hilllary. She is definitely as qualified or more so than any candidate on the right.

LOL to all of that, thanks for the funniest post of the day!!!! My three year old is more qualified than Hillary

Old 06-18-2015, 02:40 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Watergate happened in 1972 when Hillary was 25 years old and she wasn't involved in any way shape or forum. Vince Foster's suicide was investigated up one side and down the other and all that proved was that the suicide and the note he left behind were authentic. No wonder Trump leads you down a garden path with his nonsensical Birther and tough man talk. Your grasp of facts and fiction is all mixed up in a blender.
Tried to rep you but couldn't. You summed it up perfectly.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:00 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think it's a valid question! Be like, asking do you like coffee or bing cherry ice cream?

It is in fact a valid question....
No, because trump will NEVER get the nomination.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:08 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because she's not a Republican, a party that is ruled right now by its far right fringe. And because the next president is probably going to have the opportunity to nominate one or more Supreme Court justices and I don't want to see the court skew any further to the right than it already is. That is reason enough to vote for Hilllary. She is definitely as qualified or more so than any candidate on the right.

If that were so better things would be happening in Congress.
As it is I can't tell them apart from the Dems.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:14 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
Those of you who would vote for Hillary, could you please tell me why?

Because she's a woman?

Because she is a dem

Why?

What qualifications does she have in your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Gone are the days when her main identity was Americas former First lady. Gone are the days when she was only seen as Woman. That was last election. She proved herself last election to be a qualified candidate. She made it almost to the end & now she is Americas face to the world. In a world where not many people like America yet she managed to not get us involved in another useless war like her predecessor. She has proved herself to stand her ground & be more than female

How?

"Stand her ground"?
She flip flops.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
I'd write in Trump's campaign manager, by then he(she) would have proven him(her)self to be a genius.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:37 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Clinton.

Then I'd wake up and tell my wife about the silly, utterly impossible dream I just had.

I'm fascinated that people think Donald Trump (or Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina) will be the Republican nominee. Do you people pay any attention at all to how the major parties select their nominees in the modern era? None of those three has any shot to even win a single primary or caucus, much less the nomination.

There are three kinds of nominees - people who have served in Congress or as a Governor. And even those who served on the House (as opposed to the Senate) need to take the backdoor of the Vice Presidency in order to get nominated in a Presidential election.

It's plausible that a member of the House might rarely become a major-party nominee. Even more of a stretch is a powerful cabinet member (State, Defense) or mayor of a major city (New York). A CEO? A real estate magnate? A surgeon?

It's not going to happen. No, the fact that you really, really, really want it to happen does not make it plausible. It's probably going to be Jeb (a Governor). Maybe it'll be Rubio (a Senator). Longer shots are Perry (Governor), Paul (Senator), Walker (Governor), Santorum (Senator), Kasich (Governor), Huckabee (Governor). Governors and Senators - noticing the pattern yet? Really, that's it. No one else has any shot at all.

Pay attention. History may not repeat itself, but it rhymes. It has much to teach, but only if you pay attention.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Your three year old has a fool for a father if you really believe what you've just typed.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:44 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I would ensure my (VERY minor) place in history by writing in my own name before I would vote for hillary OR trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections