Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's a media conspiracy but of late I've become more open to the idea of a Jeb presidency. I'm not there yet but I've been impressed with his leadership and the way he has stuck to his principles.

Walker, although he hasn't announced, is disappointing. I hope he improves as I feel he'd be a better option. Rubio seems ok but his lack of experience and his aggressive foreign policy stances concern me.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Anyone but a Democrap 2016.

I really could careless at this point who the Repug nominee is, No way in frigging hell am I voting for someone in the liberal lunatic party.

Ill vote my conscious in the primary but it won't mean crap in Kaliforniastan. Then ill vote for whomever the Repugs nominate.

No one anywhere at this point is closer to my independent conservative views than Paul. However no way in hell is he gonna win the nomination.

My conservative base can pull a Repug President especially if we keep the House and Senate. No way in **** is that POS Criminal HildaBeast gonna be pulled more toward my views.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:08 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I could never vote for a Republican who's only concern is abolishing the public school system. Do we need a Bush saga part 3 ? How many until they get it right? Bush got involved in a husbands right to pull the plug on his wife after doctors said she was a vegetable. He and his religious beliefs stepped over the line. It had nothing to do with him but he got involved. (Terry Schavio)

Old 06-23-2015, 11:13 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I could never vote for a Republican who's only concern is abolishing the public school system. Do we need a Bush saga part 3 ? How many until they get it right? Bush got involved in a husbands right to pull the plug on his wife after doctors said she was a vegetable. He and his religious beliefs stepped over the line. It had nothing to do with him but he got involved. (Terry Schavio)
It is shameful the pain he inflicted on that family for his political gain. Worse, he is still trying to profit from it last week trumpeting it as an accomplishment at a meeting of religious zealots he was addressing. We will see some very damaging ads before the election critical of his position for government intrusion in private matters.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:27 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
I've never yet voted for a Bush but I would consider voting for Jeb, depending upon who he selected for his running mate.

I don't agree with all of his actions and statements (especially his stance in the Schavio case) but that's true of every candidate.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:29 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
But it was ok for Obama to step into the fray with the "Beer Summit" or to call Trayvon his "son?"

Old 06-23-2015, 01:49 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Thumbs down on this pretender

No matter how carefully Jeb crafts his deceptive marketing strategy, to lure suckers into voting for yet another BUSH, his Conservative ideology is THE problem. That ideology has been detrimental to this country at least going back 20 years. The last time we had a Bush in office, it was a disaster, and Republicans have done NOTHING to show they are any better than they were under Dubya. Jeb has demonstrated that he is part of the problem. What a significant drop off he represents, from our great President Obama.

So Jeb, is an acquired taste, like eating dry, undercooked liver and slimy seaweed algae. No, thank you.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:54 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep on truckin View Post
Obama didn't call him his son, Obama said that if he had a son he would probably resemble Trayvon, which is true, Trayvon could easily pass for Malia or Sasha's brother.

How racist of you. Just because the thug was black?? Remember, obambo is as white as he is black. To you, we all look alike, right?

Old 06-23-2015, 01:56 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe it's a media conspiracy but of late I've become more open to the idea of a Jeb presidency. I'm not there yet but I've been impressed with his leadership and the way he has stuck to his principles.

Walker, although he hasn't announced, is disappointing. I hope he improves as I feel he'd be a better option. Rubio seems ok but his lack of experience and his aggressive foreign policy stances concern me.

Thoughts?
He's an illegal alien sympathizer so it's a no go for me. He said breaking our immigration laws is an act of love.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:19 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Exclamation Jeb Bush

I like how he has explained his polices and I feel a little better. However I do like the other candidates better like Cruz, Perry and Rubio at this point. It will be interesting how the process shakes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections