Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 05:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Funny to see dyed in the wool Dems supporting a virtual Republican like Hillary. Oh well,team over all else
Remember when they ran around saying no one should vote for McCain because he was "old".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 05:13 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Thumbs up Gop

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
She shows what our next President will look like.
Decisive and have a Plan. Unlike Obama or Clinton Let's see what happens?

Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, those polls 8 years ago showed the same exact thing..
Fair enough, but she got beaten by Obama, who won by landslide against McCain and Romney. So it doesn't mean she was weak, necessarily.

Mick

Old 07-17-2015, 05:26 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
What's scaring them is Trump is within the margin of error for first place in NH. Because, if Bush doesn't win NH, I think it means Bush doesn't win any of the first 3 states.

The problem I see for Trump is debating, period. Business people don't debate and it's been a long time since he was in college. I hope he has a debate coach. The sad thing is, Presidents don't debate, either, Presidential candidates do.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:53 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What's scaring them is Trump is within the margin of error for first place in NH. Because, if Bush doesn't win NH, I think it means Bush doesn't win any of the first 3 states.

The problem I see for Trump is debating, period. Business people don't debate and it's been a long time since he was in college. I hope he has a debate coach. The sad thing is, Presidents don't debate, either, Presidential candidates do.
In the debates, he'll say the first thing that comes to his mind, make wild, ridiculous claims and brag about how much better and more qualified than anyone else on stage. It will be a disaster of a performance, but the people in the cheap seats who are rooting for him will proclaim it a smashing success.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:57 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
In the debates, he'll say the first thing that comes to his mind, make wild, ridiculous claims and brag about how much better and more qualified than anyone else on stage. It will be a disaster of a performance, but the people in the cheap seats who are rooting for him will proclaim it a smashing success.
I think Mr. Trump's debate coach (someone from WWF?) will insist on making an eye contact with the TV cameras and use the following phrases early and often:

"Idiot"
"Kick your ass" (El Chapo says hello)
"Stupid"
"Rapist"
"Putin"
"Weak"

You watch.

Mick

Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Remember when they ran around saying no one should vote for McCain because he was "old".
It was a viable concern after he picked Palin. Had he picked someone credible, I don't think age would have been too much of a concern.

Really, McCain was just out of touch. I don't think age really had anything to do with it. Ron Paul was older, made more sense, understood our complexities, and had better solutions than McCain did.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:29 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Quote:
Clinton then shows what?
According to yesterdays news sh wasn't doing all that well. What turns me off with any politician is going with the flow and becoming yes men. At least so far Trump is far from it.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
I like how people think polls matter in July 2015, polls don't even begin to matter until January 2016 when people actually start paying attention to the next election. Right now all this poll represents is a very small percentage of possible voters.

By this time next year, Trump will be onto something else pretending his didn't just lose an election in the primary.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:45 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
"Republicans have nobody to blame but themselves for the anti-immigrant Frankenstein in their midst. 

Donald Trump Is Rising In The Polls Because He’s Saying Things Republican Voters Agree With

"Meanwhile, analysts are starting to try to figure out who these Trump supporters are and what’s motivating them to back him:
As it turns out, the Trump coalition looks a lot like the rest of the Republican Party. Other than a spike in support in the Northeast, there is little in recent polling data to distinguish Trump’s supporters from the heart of the GOP primary electorate. Even immigration hardliners support him at the same rate as the rest of the Republican Party.

Trump voters skew older, whiter and more male, but no more so than the rest of the Republican primary electorate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections