Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 06:34 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times

Advertisements

Rand is really the only guy in either party running on a platform that would change the political status quo,

Some changes might include:

Tax Code change legislation +
Major government reductions in spending ++
Reduction in Military expenditures ++
No overseas engagements unless attacked ++
Stock market crash -- (probably he gets elected)

The party is probably afraid to back him but he may swing the independents and young voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 07:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
The fact that Randy Paul endorses this tells me all I need to know. His only goal in life is to take from the poor and middle class and give to the billionaires. Anything else he claims to support is just political posturing toward that goal.
The fact that this post is totally baseless and you have no proof tells me all I need to know about your lack of research on the matter.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It would mean an increase in Federal taxes for 99% of tax payers.
A family of 4 would have a 50k deduction. So 99 percent of the population must make more than 50 k right?

Deduction
$15,000 deduction per filer
plus a $5,000 deduction per person

A single individual receives a $20,000 deduction 15k + 5 k
A married couple both working would receive a $40,000 deduction 30k +10k
A family of four with both parents working would receive a $50,000 deduction 30k + 20k

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 06-26-2015 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-26-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
It costs more to deal with the harmful effects of poverty than it would to just eliminate poverty in the first place.

So yeah, sign me up for some more of that welfare state.
You never read his plan. Commenting on something you know nothing about, I'm not surprised.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:16 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No Congress writes the law. That's why we constantly hear "tax simplification" talk from them when they run for office and nothing about it once they're elected. Instead, we get more complicated multipage laws. Plus businesses get more complicated regulations in addition to the taxes. Congress (and the President) keeps their lawyer donors happy.

You have to look at who benefits monetarily from the tax code (and regulations) we have now. Lawyers and accountants. I don't know about the accountants but when you look at political donor groups, lawyers are always near or at the top. Now take a look at your elected officials on Capitol Hill. Most of them are lawyers. They'll still be lawyers when they are voted out of office. Some of them even run for president. I happen to think lawyers are one of, if not the biggest, special interest group making our lives miserable. Also, their skill set includes obfuscation (think lawyers in office) but that's another thread.

But, if a president is elected promoting tax simplification (as opposed to those lying about doing away with the IRS to get elected - no matter what tax system you have, no matter how simple it is and no matter who pay taxes businesses or individuals, there has to be an agency that collects the money, does audits, processes tax forms, writes forms and instructions, answers questions and handles the data - plus the IRS doesn't just do individual and corporate income tax) he or she can pressure Congress to live up to their campaign promise to simplify the tax code from the bully pulpit especially if he already has a plan. A lawyer president might not want to do that but a non-lawyer president, that's another story.

I keep saying, quit voting for lawyers if you want things to get done.

I haven't decided who I am voting for and I won't commit or donate money until I see who makes it to my primary.
You answered my (rhetorical) second question with a lot of information that I agree with (which was why that question was rhetorical). But you ignored my first question, which was the one I was curious about. I, too, find Rand's "stated" position(s) interesting, but I think he's a liar like the rest of them.

Why do you feel he's genuine?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:50 AM

5,898 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The fact that this post is totally baseless and you have no proof tells me all I need to know about your lack of research on the matter.
Turkey-head has a long history of contributing baseless rhetoric and race-baiting in his postings. He's the Democrats' ideal voter.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:22 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
You answered my (rhetorical) second question with a lot of information that I agree with (which was why that question was rhetorical). But you ignored my first question, which was the one I was curious about. I, too, find Rand's "stated" position(s) interesting, but I think he's a liar like the rest of them.

Why do you feel he's genuine?
I just like his tax proposal and think he'd carry through on it. It would take more to get me to vote for him.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:12 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
I have more confidence in Paul than I do with any of the others running at this time. I like Carson - but feel he's already alienated many with some of his views. The Republicans will never back Rand like they wouldn't back his dad as they don't toe the party line.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:06 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
It really doesn't matter what Rand Paul wants to do.
There will be over 15 GOP candidates in the race, and he is not chosen to be
the winner. That much we know. He cannot win. Period. The elections are rigged.

War with Russia and Iran is coming and I think we should all be getting prepared
for that instead of being concerned which puppet is allowed to be the "president" actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections