Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:05 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm betting that it will be dependent on the polls.
...and trump has just made a big jump in the polls, coming in second in the GOP behind jeb!

Poll: Bush, Trump rising for GOP, but both trail Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-01-2015, 11:10 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
...and trump has just made a big jump in the polls, coming in second in the GOP behind jeb!

Poll: Bush, Trump rising for GOP, but both trail Clinton - CNNPolitics.com
yannno what, I hope he beats the heck outa the corporations....honestly...he may be arrogant, and he may rub people the wrong way, but again, if America looses, he looses, and I don't think he is the kinda guy who makes promises that he won't keep.

I don't trust any of the politicians....they are all bought and paid for, and if there were not true, this country wouldn't be on the down swing...we'd be doing very well, but we are not....why?

If someone soon, doesn't pull us out of the gutter, and make laws the law....we're done. If you clean up corruption, everything else straightens out....but this country is as corrupt as they come.

Trump is saying things that people want to see happen....

What other candidate was bold enough to say anything against illegals?
Cain, Herman Cain....Hillary doesn't....Jebb doesn't, he married an illegal....Cruz used to talk about it, but doesn't any more, and please folks, correct me if I'm wrong....

and why did Washington, allow our country to get this far gone? Doesn't anyone ever wonder about that?

Why are there so many Muslims in this country in every aspect of our lives, politics, police, congress, senate?????

We sold ourselves down the river....and if something doesn't change soon, we're going to be another Greece.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:15 AM

563 posts, read 523,829 times
Default Really? So the quality of worker will magically improve if we raise salaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Exactly, and I think that is what I said? Bottom line is, if he gets rid of the illegals, they will have to pay their workers a better wage. Listen up...there is a meat processing plant right near where I live....there is always trouble there, b/c the owner hires illegals...there have been murders there, but the press keeps it nice and quiet and tidy...why do you think?

Oh yes it does....they don't give a darn how he feels about illegals and neither do I....the only difference between them and me, is, I don't hire illegals....me thinks Macy's has many subsidaries, that we don't even know about....

no one said he never saw it coming, I'm certain, he knew way before he ran, or announced he ran what the repercussions would be..he is a slick businessman and say what you want about him, he's a whole lot smarter then you are, if you can make a comment like that....
You need to get out more. At least where I live, no one seems to want to do anything close to menial labor. Everything is beneath so many workers, if you can be so generous as to call them that. Lets just stick to the word employee.

Quick quiz. Do you remember "trickle down economics?" It does not work. Removing illegals will make employers more generous with the pay scale? Employers pay the least amount that they feel that they can get away with. It used to be the same with benefits. Benevolence rarely figures into the motives of HR exec's. Companies want the best person for the job at the bast price.

It is simple economics!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
You need to get out more. At least where I live, no one seems to want to do anything close to menial labor. Everything is beneath so many workers, if you can be so generous as to call them that. Lets just stick to the word employee.

Quick quiz. Do you remember "trickle down economics?" It does not work. Removing illegals will make employers more generous with the pay scale? Employers pay the least amount that they feel that they can get away with. It used to be the same with benefits. Benevolence rarely figures into the motives of HR exec's. Companies want the best person for the job at the bast price.

It is simple economics!
Quick answer:
We agree to disagree!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sounds more like Trump is totally getting killed. Macy's just joined a growing line of businesses that are cutting ties with him. How much more loss to his bottom line will he take before he pulls out of the race altogether? I bet he gets out before the first debate.
On the bright side, he'll no longer have to defend having that clothing line made in China.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:31 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,592 times
If another Bush or Clinton comes, US is going down.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:37 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,592 times
Now he has started a boycott campaign on Macy's

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...90244753760262

Old 07-01-2015, 11:45 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post

It is simple economics!
Removing illegals won't make the employers hire Americans for a fair wage? Who do you think you are kidding? That makes no sense at all. Of course companies want the best person for the job for the least amount of money but that doesn't give them the right to hire illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are only being hired to increase their profits and they can force them to work harder out of fear of deportation not that they are more hard working naturally or more qualified than an American is. Most coming over our border are the unskilled and uneducated. Best person for the job? Hilarious.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Removing illegals won't make the employers hire Americans for a fair wage? Who do you think you are kidding? That makes no sense at all. Of course companies want the best person for the job for the least amount of money but that doesn't give them the right to hire illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are only being hired to increase their profits and they can force them to work harder out of fear of deportation not that they are more hard working naturally or more qualified than an American is. Most coming over our border are the unskilled and uneducated. Best person for the job? Hilarious.
AMEN!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:55 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Now he has started a boycott campaign on Macy's
i love that trump always runs to twitter when he gets bent out of shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections