Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:44 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times

Advertisements

These countries go out their way to encourage and promote Illegal Migration to the US. They want US Dollars and do not want to deal with the problem in their own Country.

Trump and Cruz has been very outspoken. Even Jeb bush is coming around and has revised his position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 07:14 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I would think that LEGAL immigrants would have a problem with illegal immigrants and would be happy to have someone speak out against it. If I jumped through all the hoops to come to this country legally, I would have a huge problem if others broke the laws then were granted amnesty.

Probably, most LEGAL are angered by the illegals. But...can you say Fear. Legals, which I fully Understand, dare Not express their feelings, for Fear their status could become in jeopardy ...not only with the USA...BUT the illegals who would seek revenge. Doncha reckon?!!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:22 PM

Default Trump tweetedToday

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Wow, Huffington Post just stated that I am number 1 in the polls of Republican candidates. Thank you, but the work has just begun!

Old 07-03-2015, 03:49 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
These countries go out their way to encourage and promote Illegal Migration to the US. They want US Dollars and do not want to deal with the problem in their own Country.

Trump and Cruz has been very outspoken. Even Jeb bush is coming around and has revised his position.
I find that hard to believe about Jeb. You got a link to what you are claiming?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:14 PM

805 posts, read 1,084,882 times
I find it fascinating, incredible, and illuminating that Trump's comments have sparked a nerve with both sides of the political spectrum.

On the right, it has energized a solid bloc of people that are frustrated with the "do-nothing" approach when it comes to illegal immigration. These people are undoubtedly frustrated that no politician has dared speak the truth about it. Also, they are energized because not only is Trump addressing the issue in obvious terms, but he is taking on the media in the process and not caving in to them. I remember it was the same way with Newt in the '12 presidential debates, when he lambasted the moderator for asking a personal question that had nothing to do with the election. It was absolute red meat for conservatives, and they cheered wildly at the debate even though they may not have planned on voting for him!

On the left, I can't quite understand why the comments have struck such a nerve. My theory is that it feeds into their narrative of the GOP being anti-immigrant, racist, etc. and they want to milk as much out of this as they can (which IMO is a very phony/false narrative, but that's another post). By going after Trump, they will subsequently send a strong message to the other candidates- don't talk about this stuff, or we'll destroy you.

Can anyone help me understand why the left is so upset with Trump? What is actually false about what he said? I call faux outrage to score political points; the left does that often.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:19 PM

805 posts, read 1,084,882 times
Trump is someone to watch. Anyone who can do/say the following as a presidential candidate...

- The government isn't doing enough to secure the border,
- A fence needs to be built along the US-Mexico border,
- The media is a collective group of bullies and I'm not afraid to take them on,
- I'll actually do something in Washington, speak the truth, and not be PC about it,
- I've got a track record of success, let me expand this nationally as President

...has BROAD appeal and this is reflected in the recent polls. Obviously it is very early and we will see how Trump does in the debates, but I for one am much more likely to support Trump after this week's events than I was before.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:28 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Trump is someone to watch. Anyone who can do/say the following as a presidential candidate...

- The government isn't doing enough to secure the border,
- A fence needs to be built along the US-Mexico border,
- The media is a collective group of bullies and I'm not afraid to take them on,
- I'll actually do something in Washington, speak the truth, and not be PC about it,
- I've got a track record of success, let me expand this nationally as President

...has BROAD appeal and this is reflected in the recent polls. Obviously it is very early and we will see how Trump does in the debates, but I for one am much more likely to support Trump after this week's events than I was before.
Agreed. Add to it that broad appeal stretches from Republicans to Independents and even some Democrats, that's a lot of voters. Especially given that most of this country is thirsty for change and not Obamas 3rd term under Hillary. Pretty much no one thought a black man with a Muslim name had any chance in hell of winning the Presidency in July of 2007, yet here we sit in 2015 in his second term. If Trump does well in the debates and continues to poll well, Democrats should be a bit worried.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:11 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Agreed. Add to it that broad appeal stretches from Republicans to Independents and even some Democrats, that's a lot of voters. Especially given that most of this country is thirsty for change and not Obamas 3rd term under Hillary. Pretty much no one thought a black man with a Muslim name had any chance in hell of winning the Presidency in July of 2007, yet here we sit in 2015 in his second term. If Trump does well in the debates and continues to poll well, Democrats should be a bit worried.
Whether they are right or wrong, Ds aren't a bit worried about Trump. It's the R leadership who are worried.

Many Ds - like me - will be pleased if Trump does get the R nomination. We think he'd be easy to beat.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Whether they are right or wrong, Ds aren't a bit worried about Trump. It's the R leadership who are worried.

Many Ds - like me - will be pleased if Trump does get the R nomination. We think he'd be easy to beat.
Easy?? Really? By who...a Crooked as Hell, LIAR, Should be in Jail, Old, Ugly demonic filled woman?!!

Not likely, pal.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
I find it fascinating, incredible, and illuminating that Trump's comments have sparked a nerve with both sides of the political spectrum.

On the right, it has energized a solid bloc of people that are frustrated with the "do-nothing" approach when it comes to illegal immigration. These people are undoubtedly frustrated that no politician has dared speak the truth about it. Also, they are energized because not only is Trump addressing the issue in obvious terms, but he is taking on the media in the process and not caving in to them. I remember it was the same way with Newt in the '12 presidential debates, when he lambasted the moderator for asking a personal question that had nothing to do with the election. It was absolute red meat for conservatives, and they cheered wildly at the debate even though they may not have planned on voting for him!

On the left, I can't quite understand why the comments have struck such a nerve. My theory is that it feeds into their narrative of the GOP being anti-immigrant, racist, etc. and they want to milk as much out of this as they can (which IMO is a very phony/false narrative, but that's another post). By going after Trump, they will subsequently send a strong message to the other candidates- don't talk about this stuff, or we'll destroy you.

Can anyone help me understand why the left is so upset with Trump? What is actually false about what he said? I call faux outrage to score political points; the left does that often.

I CAN tell you exactly why Trump is resonating SO Well w/ High principled, intelligent people/voters who have been so apathetic, they stopped voting because it seemed useless.

Donald Trump IS giving Spot-on-Target commentary Daily in his speeches....that people who recognize facts and truth when they hear it....are inspired that, ''Hey, this guy is Fearless...unafraid of not being Politically Correct, not a typical Phony ''Go along to get along'' bogus politician.

Trump truly is well informed, he really does recognize the dangers facing this nation, the immediate NEED to Stop fallout....and bring back Reagan-like inspiration to a tattered, torn and word down...and almost Out...America.

And the 'Left' recognizes that kind of "Return America to her former Values and Strength'' stuff, can...and likely Will Again...Awaken the sleeping Giant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections